Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ---
    Last edited by Chloe; January 15th, 2011 at 06:06 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes all the time.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I'm pretty much just a mom, and my job. Those 2 things take up about 98% of my time.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me. I am just starting back at work after having my DS in Sept. and that helps me feel a little more like I have an identity. Getting 3 off to daycare in the am is going to totally suck though. First day is Monday

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TnT, that would be hard. I guess you have to do a lot of prep the night before. I hope it goes okay. Once you get into a routine, I'm sure it will be okay.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yep me too, I often take a look at myself in the mirror and wonder when I will regain the me that wore makeup and didn't always tie my hair up, I am just mum and not much else I feel I dont evven do a good job at being a wife !

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by threelittlemenandcounting View Post
    yep me too, I often take a look at myself in the mirror and wonder when I will regain the me that wore makeup and didn't always tie my hair up, I am just mum and not much else I feel I dont evven do a good job at being a wife !
    Exactly!!

I feel like I am just mum. DS is a VERY fussy baby I cant even put him down for two seconds and he wakes up at least twice a night on a good day. I dont feel comfortable leaving him with anyone so me an DP can go out for couple of hours because I dont think its fair on them since he is so fussy. Im hoping things will improve as he gets older. For now though make up, nice hair, meals out, hobbies are all on hold! And I want to tyr for another one later in the year....perhaps im crazy!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My entire life is arranging babysitting for my younger kids, going to the pediatrician, trying to get them to listen, trying to drink coffee in peace.

I never talk on the phone because they all fight if I do.

I am definately not the person I was.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have left a lot of interests behind since I became a mother, but I still feel plenty accomplished as a woman. Firstly, I run two websites and I get a lot of satisfaction from those. There are times I feel like I don't get to spend enough time working on projects for them, and that can frustrate me... feeling like I'm "getting nothing done."

But, in general, when I look at my children I think that the most important thing for me is to raise them up into good people. I mean really, when I look at all my hopes, dreams, and goals, my biggest one is to raise my children up the right way - for them to be independent, self-sufficient, responsible, good people. If I can get each of them to adulthood in that way, I will have accomplished more than my business ever will, even if it makes us millions.

Investing my days in a little soul is the most worthy endeavor ever - period. So being "just a mom" is a vast understatement, and especially so in a society like ours that only values women if they're balancing work and family perfectly.

I remind myself of this when I feel frustrated and no matter how crummy I feel, I always feel the truth of it. Being a mom is far more important than the things I left behind

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since having dd I feel this way. My boys were 7 and 10 while I was pg with dd. I totally had my life back and did as I pleased. Now that dd is here I am that woman who never seems to be showered or looks even remotely rested. I live in yoga pants and baseball hats and am thrilled to shave my legs once every 2 weeks, lol. I don't have an identity beyond being a newborn's mom.

I however wouldn't have it any other way, and feel VERY blessed to have gotten pg with her and have her in my life.
    Last edited by prettyinpink18; January 15th, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

5 failed MS IUI/IVF cycles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12