Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone feel like this?

That you've kind of lost who you are/were as a mom? Because now that you're "mom" it just takes over? I find myself referring to myself as "julie's mom" in emails and not even using my name anymore.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

CocoChanel
    I never felt like this until I had 3 kids,but I only felt it slightly. Now that I have 4, and the youngest is at a demanding age (19 months), I feel it all the time.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never WAS anyone until I was a mom...I'm actually scared of what may happen when my kids are grown and gone away. I don't think there's anything else inside of me!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I never WAS anyone until I was a mom...I'm actually scared of what may happen when my kids are grown and gone away. I don't think there's anything else inside of me!!!
    pfffffft. You are not just a mom. In fact, I don't really know you as a mom at all. Just as atomic.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But yes, I do know the feeling. I sometimes feel my identity was swallowed up the moment I had my ds.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I love family and I never want my kids to leave the state we live in EVER but I do look forward to when it is just my DH and I. I think it is the lack of freedom that bothers me and makes me feel down.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And a SAHM job is tough...I wouldn't want to work and have to get the kids out the door and be a super mom b/c that is a different kind of hard but being at home with little ones is tough.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been raising kids since I was 10 years old, first my little brother and sister, then I was at college for 2 years and got pg with DS 1, raised my older boys, and now am starting all over again at middle age with my little boys...I don't know who I am without a child puttering around somewhere!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyday. I don't know who 'I' am anymore.
    Sara
    Mommy to 4 boys and 2 girls!
    AJ, Brian, Kyle, Jacob, Cassandra and my last, Abigail born 9-18-13

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I don't feel like myself anymore. It was better when I was working but we moved and now I can't find a job so I'm a sahm. I feel boring and bored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast