Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk ladies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People can be so insensitive can't they!!?? Definitely not "friends" if they're saying these things!!

It does amaze me how some people are so anti-boy even before they've even HAD kids! Like really!? I had an older "friend of a friend" tell me she was pregnant last year (her DS will be one in July) and when I said 'Awww I hope it is a boy so I can give you loads of my stuff and I want to rub your little bump!' she was like 'No thanks I don't want your boy vibe rubbing off on me!' Guess what she had!!!???? A bouncing baby BOY who she is absolutely obsessed about now and claims she wouldn't have it any other way... uh huh!

I think when little girls grow up (like we all did) and envision themselves married to the perfect man, with the perfect pigeon pair and that doesn't happen it is only natural that we try to get our vision by looking for alternative means...whoch sadly seem to come easy to those that sometimes don't even have to try.

I must admit I wanted three boys while I was growing up lol My first ever boyfriend was one of three boys and they all doted on their mom and I just loved the lack of bitchiness....man am I kicking myself for wishing that now!! Lol!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow!!! So they really do exist elsewhere! That is just ridiculous, pointing out you don't have a girl is a bit much! Is it not obvious. And I hate when people ask you if you were hoping for a girl. I mean, I'm hoping for a healthy baby first of all but yes, when you have one gender are you not obviously hoping (even just a small bit) for the opposite gender so you can experience both?! Is that not normal? We found out we were having a boy on DS2, DS1 was a surprise on the day but I needed to know the second time around. When we told people we were met with questions like are you disappointed or did you have a cry or the worst one was my sister in law asking us why were we bothering to tell people we were having another boy, we could hardly be THAT excited about it!! And then after you have them you hear everyone asking are you going for a girl now. Well yes, I'd love to choose what gender I have next time but it doesn't really work like that. Hopefully swaying will tip the scales though! Not that I'd even mention swaying or this site to my "bestie", she would laugh in my face and make me feel stupid.

Great to hear you kept the clips too. I have them from both boys and look through their memory boxes all the time, DS1 looks through his with me sometimes but at 2 hes still too young to grasp the concept that these items like his clip, first toothbrush, first shoes, scan pictures, paintings etc are his. In a way its sad that she thinks you can't keep those things for baby boys, my mother in law passed away several years ago and I know that if she had kept a memory box for DH he would really appreciate it now. Its not just pieces of them that go into it, its pieces of their mum and when I'm no longer here (how morbid lol) they will know I cared enough to do it.

My "bestie"s sister had her first baby last year, the whole way along she was very vocal to all and sundry that she wanted a girl and she had a boy. She seems so very detached from him, went back to work early as she was "bored at home" and if you ask to see pictures of her little boy on her phone she has to scroll through loads of ones of her dog first!! Hmm...bit strange to me! Both of them just seem girl obsessed! I can understand the obsession in a way but not to the detriment of my irreplaceable boys!!

Thats very true sweet mummy, I think we just picture the "ideal" family of one of each gender and living in a white picket fence etc - I blame US television for that lol. Have to laugh at your want for three boys, I can see the appeal in a big way, my friend comes from a family of three boys and their mum is their world and she's the coolest mum ever. So well dressed and clued in to everyone, everyone loves her. I can totally see that being me if we have 3 boys, I will make sure that is me After our DS2 DH was saying he couldn't see us having any more kids, I was really upset at the thought but reckoned I wasn't going to push him if he didn't want it. Until I was talking to my friends mum (of the 3 boys) She told me that I should have as many kids as I want, to make sure to at least try to have a girl cause she always wanted a girl and after her third boy her husband said she wasn't having any more, she said she still regrets it now. Her words were "You'll never regret a child, just the not having a child!" So got round DH and planning an early 2015 full on sway. If it works yay, if not then at least we'll be a step closer to the big family I always wanted
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha ha I too kick myself because I wanted all boys once upon a time, I only have brothers, got on better with boys, preferred boys toys and all things boy. I assumed wanting a larger family, that i would get a mix and just hoped I'd have a boy or 2 first. When I got pregnant I didn't mind so much but was thrilled with a boy first. It wasn't until I found out ds3 was a boy that I thought I hope next time it's my turn. Although I was still happy with 3 boys. With DS4 I really wanted a girl. Oh how I prayed and oh how I cried. But now I wouldn't trade him. He is such a happy, smiley little baby and a real joy.
    I don't know why people have such dislike of boys from the beginning. I know there are plenty of women on here who have girls and long for a boy, but I know so many who have girls and say they are but bothered either way "now I've got my girl" they openly tell me that had they had a boy first it would have mattered but now they have a girl it doesn't.
    And yes I think your friends mum is right. Even when you do to get your desired gender, you still do not regret that child in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The friend who pointed out I don't have a girl was her mothers only child and her mum us also girl obsessed. I think it can be a taught expectation.
    She is now having lots of trouble with her children, her boy playing up for attention (which is put down to him being a naughty boy) her girl getting spoilt rotten.
    My niece is 21 and said a few months ago that she only wanted boys as girls gave their mums too much worry, I didn't say anything but I thought then she'll regret saying that.
    And where has this idea you don't need to worry if you have boys come from? I hear it far too often.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone wants to add me on Facebook I am Kayleigh Blythe Whitehead

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Motherofboys that is such a common phrase to hear 'I dont mind cause I got my girl' Its generally not spoken about bt I find it very distasteful when mothers are so open in their dislike of having boys! My eldest is 26 months and hes a crazy little guy with a hell of a personality, I absolutely love him at this age and lobe him more each day he becomes a real person if thay makes sense. I wouldnt mind having all boys at all would just love a girl to have that relationship I have with my own mother. But if it doesnt happen then it just wasn't meant to be! I'm on a private FB chat group where a lot of the mothers have firls or mixed families or else just habe one boy. There is no one other than me in a group of 25 that has only boys and they are forver talking about the joy of havimg a daughter who will be a friend for life. It makes me so angry that they are dismissing the fact that your sons can be your friemd for life too, its all about how you raise them!

Lol have gotten that one about never having to worry too! I dont know where people get that idea!!
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that in the end, I will make peace with my all boy life, if I have to. I just don't want to have any regrets, so want to give myself the chance to balance the odds.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I keep wondering if I'm cut out for swaying, resisting temptation has never been my strong point. But I don't want to think "what if I'd done this or that" I think I'm finding it hard ATM because I'm in limbo, if I was actually ttc then I could commit to it.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Urgh friends and family! Why are they so hard? My SIL is a treasure!! (Notice the sarcasm? Lol) when I had ds2 she texted me asking if I wanted anymore, she knows the answer is yes as I've always wanted 3 or 4 kids. She was pregnant at the time and convinced she was having a girl. When I text back to say yes I'd love another one she text back saying yes you never know 3rd time lucky!?! I mean what the actual f.....? I told her actually I'm twice blessed and will be 3 times blessed if that what the future holds for me regardless of gender! Oh and she went on to have a second boy so fell down for her pedestal pretty harshly there!! I mean who actually classes having two healthy children as unlucky?!? Still infuriates me more than a year on!!
    Mother of boys I'll find you on FB.
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been told (by a midwife no less) to "quit while your ahead" and been called brave, by someone who also has 4 kids and is waiting to try for a 5th. The reason I'm 'brave' but she isn't? Because she had GBGB, where as I'm just BBBB. Surely 4/5 kids is 4/5 kids, regardless of gender?

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast