Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: going from 2-3

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My eldest is 3 and three quarters, middle is 18 months and number three is just 3 months old. I've found going from two to three a breeze, much easier than one to two! And all mine are little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found going from 1-2 way harder than 2-3. My first two are 17 months apart so that could be why. So when I had my 3rd my first two were 5 and 6 so they help me out a ton.

2007 2008 2012

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1 to 2 was a total disaster for us. DD1 was so well behaved and mild tempered and DD2 was and still is a total hell raiser lol! It was a total shock to our systems to go from a 1 angel to 1 jealous 18mth old and a collicky newborn. Our girls should be around 5 & 4 by the time we have another (so long as we get blessed with a BFP and sticky bean soon) so I'm really hoping it'll be an easier transition.
    '08 '10 '11

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are still in the transition of going from 1-2, it is hard some days when both are crying for me (DS1 is 26 months, DS2 is 3 months) but I swear NOTHING could be like going from 0-1!!!! It was an eye opener to say the least! Hoping 2-3 will be ok as we hope to add #3 next year and with any luck I'll convince DH that 4 is the magic number shortly thereafter Only two of us in my family but DH comes from a family of 9, I'm all for expansion while he wants to keep "the brood" to a minimum! Funnily enough for someone who felt overwhelmed having #1 I seem addicted to having babies now lol.
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's funny as most people I talk to with 3 or more say that 2-3 was a very easy transition.
    When my 3rd arrived I had a 4 and 2 year old and number 3 just slotted right in with everything else going on (as has number 4)
    The hardest change for me was going from 1 to 2 but that may have been as I suffered with depression after my second and felt he was taking away from my eldest, and also he was a more difficult baby, cried constantly, didn't sleep.
    Ds2 doesn't seem to have had any 'middle child' issues. Although he had almost 4 years of being a middle child. He turned 6 the week before ds4 arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have twin brothers just 13 months younger than me, and the idea that my mum went from one to three in one jump, and 3 under 14 months at that, is just plain scary! That being said, I'd love to go from 4-6 lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny you say that motherofboys, I would love to go from 2-4! DH wouldn't know what hit him lol. I think, like you, the reason I feel 0-1 was harder is cause I suffered depression after DS1. So far so good this time though!
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was fortunate enough to not suffer with depression after ds3 or so far with ds4 (6 month) which was a particular worry for me as it was my first experience of gender disappointment, so I thought perhaps the GD would set if the depression again, but touch wood everything has been ok

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is a really good point to take into account the temperament of your current children as it will make a big difference!! Both DS1 and DS2 love having more siblings. DS1 behavior actually got much better when DS2 was born. I think he was bored with Mom It is like DS1 was born to be a big brother. DS2 also loves having a little sister and being a big brother. They both love talking to her and playing with her and feeding her.

DS1 actually said to me the other day (my kids don't know I am PG) that DD is HIS sister and that DS2 needs a sister too. So with DS2 standing there I asked him if he would like another sister and he said yes. Little do they know they will be getting one
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's so cute, wantingpink!
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast