Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: going from 2-3

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys and your last post sounds exactly like my story!!!! When my boys fight my hubby reckons 2 is enough!!!! Haha. I have him on board but originally he only wanted 1 or none.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found 2 to 3 the hardest,, my oldest two are 11 months apart and very close, they love each others company. There is 2 yrs between my youngest and middle munch. I think what made it harder for us is my middle little boy has Autism and is non verbal so there's an extra set of challenges to face as well as the usual 'growing up'.
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ratcliffe, just wanted to say I love your profile pic! Your kids are so cute!! 😊❤️
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww thank you Thankfully they get their looks off their daddy's side
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually find each transition to be easier as we progress (although I guess #4 could throw me throug a loop!). I had a difficult time adjusting to #1. He was a surprise pregnancy and a HARD baby. I felt shell shocked for a good year after he came along. When #2 came along (22mo gap), I was surprised that it was much easier than I anticipated. My older boy was mellowing, even though he did have a bad case of the "jealousies" with the baby (2-3 weeks worth). And then it got even easier as they began interacting and engaging with one another. They are 4.5 and 2.5 now and they do love to fight. It's about 50% fighting and 50% playing right now. But when they play, it's adorable. They really do love each other. My older boy almost needs his brother. His brother is so much more outgoing and fearless and it has helped my older son come out of his shell and try new things. #2 was a "moderate" baby. Not a sleeper, not terribly content....but no acid reflux or hours-long screaming sessions, so he felt easier to me.

Number three joined us a year ago (19mo after #2) and I was amazed how easy the transition was. My boys loved her immediately and my middle guy was so easygoing about not being the baby anymore. He has a special role in our house because he is my snuggly guy. He is the most like me and he is SOOOO endearing. So his personality helps keep middle child issues at bay. He is a chill kid and is hilarious, so I know he gets tons of attention simply by being himself. I do have to make an effort to spend one-on-one time with him, since he is so easy and chill. But a little goes a long way. He doesn't seem to be suffering. And my baby was my easiest baby so far. So I am sure that helped matters. She slept fairly well and was content to be placed somewhere for a spell of time before needing attention again (as long as she was fed and changed).

But I do find the interaction between three is even cooler than between two. Because they all play together, or they pair off when someone is feeling grouchy. I am also one of three (similar dynamics, in reverse: girl, boy, boy instead of boy, boy, girl) and I enjoyed it. I am obviously the oldest. But my middle brother has a specific role in the family too and I don't think he would say he suffered as the "middle child."
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think given your kids ages, it will be an easier transition than some people.

I had a harder time BOTH times I added a second child, than I did adding my third (you may recall I have two much older now-adult boys, then two younger boys age 6 and 4 1/2, and then my daughter who is nearly 2). She was an easy baby and my 4 year old is a laid back type of fellow. Whereas both my first son and third son are rather intense and were not super pleased with the appearance of DS 2/4. So partly temperament as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found going from 2-3 was harder. My oldest is 5 1/2 years older than my middle daughter and then I had another daughter 17 months after my middle. It was a challenge in the beginning and now sometimes but I love it and wouldn't change it for the world. My life is blessed with 3 beautiful girls.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    very interesting comments.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From 1-2 was very hard. My baby Ds2 cried a lot. Bad nights. And after 4 months my todler began to create his own will.
    We got the third 20 months after the second and prepared ourself for a heavy year! (He was totally planned btw)
    He is such an easy child! Ds 2 had his moments of difficulties but is very sweet and easy too.
    Our eldest is still the one taking the most of our energy.

Slightly worried if the 4th makes it harder. But the boys are a bit older now. And I just need to relax! Lol.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123