Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: going from 2-3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

going from 2-3

I'm just curious what people's experience was going from 2 children to 3 children. I've been warned it's a toughie (possibly harder than going from 1-2 apparently).

My sons are 6 and 3.5 and I'm intimidated to add another (though actively doing LE and TTC'ing). I'm also concerned about middle child syndrome.

I was hoping some of you would consider sharing your experiences with me

I am the oldest of 3 and my sister (the middle) says she dealt with it (though I'm dubious because there is 6 years between her and I and 8 years between her and the youngest, my brother).

Anyway, thanks in advance
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found 1-2 harder, emotionally, it felt like I took on a family at that point whereas before that it was me and my buddy ds1 hanging out and having fun! 2-3 for me was only tough because my ds3 had terrible colic, but it wasn't as much of a shock to the system as going from 1-2! I think the age of your kids helps. I have a 3yr3mth, 4yr3mth and by November 3yr5mth age gaps. My eldest 2 are quite independent and can get snacks, help out with the littlest man. I'm still nervous tho! Never imagined being a mum of 4!! You'll be fine! Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard the opposite, like going form 1 to 2 was harder than going from 2 to 3! I am hoping that's true because baby #3 is due in August!
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on the temperament of number 3. Easy baby, easy transition. As long as your older 2 aren't babies themselves- ie in diapers, etc!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't find it difficult at all, but.... my middle child...is a brat now. We are hoping adding another child will "cure" him. hahaha
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm curious to hear what you all have to say about this, too. I do feel like 2 is much easier than one, which is maybe not how many parents experience it, but my two play together well and often, and generally keep each other happy and entertained (if not out of trouble). I find that DD#2 can be a handful when I'm alone with her all day, but is much more interested in being with her sister than having my attention when both girls are around.

So if two are easier than one, of course I've always wanted three! We'll see how it works out when DD#3 gets here (if all goes well ). I do feel really lucky to have two who generally get along well and spend lots of time together, and it will be interesting to see if having another changes this dynamic.
    Mine are pretty widely spaced, too--not necessarily my choice, but just how it worked out.
    Last edited by sugarNspice; April 30th, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have recently had a third baby and I found the transition quite easy. In saying that, she is an amazing baby and I cannot believe how blessed I am. She is such a great kid, I am considering having #4!
    Blessed with and a surprise on the way!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't found 1-2 or 2-3 more difficult. For me it was #1 that rocked my world. Now that I am in Mommy mode it doesn't seem as difficult to add another as #1 was.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We went from 2 to 4 cause we had twins but I didn't find it hard at all. And having six, we don't have middle child syndrome but I do find sometimes DS2 feels left out as he isn't the eldest or one of the youngest and he isn't a twin, and he is really easy, but him and I are very close. I was more worried about going from 1 to 2 and thought I wouldn't love a second child as much as I loved our first...of course it was unwarranted worry as a mums love multiplies!! 😊💜
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting! My 2 constantly fight (though when they do play nicely, it's like heaven). Maybe because they're both boys they are more wrestly and hands on? It is possible that people were trying to scare me out of a third the whole kids outnumber the parents thing, I guess. My second son is prone to tantrums when he hears the word no but when he's alone, the difference in him is amazing. He is well behaved and quiet. Put him with his brother/other children he is a maniac!!! On top of the fact that he doesn't appear to need sleep....

I always wanted 4 (even numbers, no middle child) but hubby is NOT having any of that. Took this long to convince him a third wouldn't be the end of the world. He has also said if he knew what it would be like, he wouldn't have had any He follows that up saying he loves them and wouldn't change them now that we have them but if he knew beforehand, he would have choosen not to have children (he was never around children, never even held a baby until he was 19/20).

I appreciate your responses. Makes me feel a little better about increasing my family to 5!

Angie

P.S. I'd never tell my husband, but if I got pregnant with twins, I'd be over the moon (his brother had 2 boys and then his wife got pregnant with twin boys). But if I even whisper the word twins, he tells me the baby making factory is closed!
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast