Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Car Seat base that uses just lap belt in UK?

Hi,

I didnt know were to post this but we have an 8 seater and both middle seats only have a lap belt.
    Is there a car seat base in UK that anyone knows of that just straps down with lap belt?

I been to a shop today and they say that there isn't one available as its not safe, I have seen videos from America on the cybex base for atom car seat that looks like just uses lap belt.

What confuses me though is I can buy a group 1 car seat/base like the britax eclipse that just fits using lap belt so why is it safe for this but not for a group 0.

Anyone that can help or advise anything would be greatly appreciated.
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyLea View Post
    Hi,

I didnt know were to post this but we have an 8 seater and both middle seats only have a lap belt.
    Is there a car seat base in UK that anyone knows of that just straps down with lap belt?

I been to a shop today and they say that there isn't one available as its not safe, I have seen videos from America on the cybex base for atom car seat that looks like just uses lap belt.

What confuses me though is I can buy a group 1 car seat/base like the britax eclipse that just fits using lap belt so why is it safe for this but not for a group 0.

Anyone that can help or advise anything would be greatly appreciated.
    Do you have ISOFIX at all? Cybex is a good brand for extended rear facing car seats. I don't know of any lap belt only seats though. You could try contacting http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk/ to see if they can help you?
    Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; December 31st, 2014 at 02:32 PM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,
    there is a Britax seat that will fit with a lap belt. it is forward facing but has a five point harness in it for baby and can be used for weight over 20kg about 6 months. I think it is the Eclipse, but i could not be sure. the britax company have their main factory in Andover in Hampshire, you can ring them and ask for advice. xx