Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone see that Terrible Superbowl Commercial?? I'm still MAD! Link Below!!

So as the Superbowl played on television and as we all know the million dollar commercials is a big business, I saw this commercial and I just could not believe it! I had to rewind the DVR a few times and watch it again, I kept shaking my head in disbelief!

I know I am Hypersensitive about Gender and though I have a HT DD I guess it's a feeling that somewhere deep inside never truly goes away

I was thinking about it this morning and Googled it, guess I am not the only one that thought it was a bit inappropriate!!

http://www.infowars.com/twitter-in-u...super-bowl-ad/
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

2. Likes covered in blue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I know that Chelsea Handler and Sara Silverman are known for their brash, in your face type of humor. Even though, I thought that was a bit insensitive.

I couldn't help but think it was a jab at her ex for moving on and having children.

I think their motive was to highlight and poke fun at how ridiculously competitive women can be and how it is often at someone else's expense. I may be in the minority, but I thought the ad as a whole was funny. I have followed them for years and am used to their humor though. They are known for pi$$ing people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ha! Funny do you mean ex as in Jimmy Kimmel?

Yes then maybe it's me being GD Hyper Sensitive! Can't seem to shake it off!
    Last edited by Jany1025; February 2nd, 2015 at 12:31 PM.
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jany1025 View Post
    Ha! Funny I've always liked Sarah do you mean ex as in Jimmy Kimmel?

Yes then maybe it's me being GD Hyper Sensitive! Can't seem to shake it off!
    Yeah. It was a bit over the top. They could have made their point without that IMO. Sarah did an interview where she was asked about Kimmel and his new wife when she was newly pregnant a while ago. Let's put it this way, her facial expression said it all! It totally did not match what she said!

I love them and props for them for saying/going places that we think about but don't have the balls to go there! That being said, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Jany1025 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't see it but glad for the warning - definitely Not watching it now! Don't need something stuck in my mind and bugging me on this topic!!
    2 sweet, beautiful boys, 6 and 2
    for getting my
    DW 39, DH 41
    Multiple
    Cycle #1 late 2013: 17 eggs, 12 mature, all fertilized, 4 EB batched
    Cycle #2 early 2014: 9 eggs, 8 mature, all fertilized, 2 EB.
    Day 5 aCGH testing. 1 normal XY (1st cycle) and 2 normal XX (one from each)!
    Summer 2014 SET #1 - zero beta
    Cycle #3 late 2014 - 13 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, none made it to testing.
    SET #2 - Cancelled
    SET #3 - Cancelled

Dream until your dreams come true - Hopeanddreamg's avatar

Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. - Sir Winston Churchill

Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again. - KT Witten

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. - Ralph Marston

http://gender-dreaming.com/forum/blogs/ocean/

8. Likes Jany1025 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean View Post
    I didn't see it but glad for the warning - definitely Not watching it now! Don't need something stuck in my mind and bugging me on this topic!!
    Yes!! These are exactly the things that would have taken me days to recover from

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if they would have said sorry, it's a girl, people would go nuts. I think it pretty much sums up how many of you guys feel and it is very ironic that most people using HT want girls. I don't think most people realize that. I think that if you were to mention Gender Selection in a crowd, everyone would assume you are talking about the desire to have a son. That's the most ironic part about modern gender selection.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I think if they would have said sorry, it's a girl, people would go nuts. I think it pretty much sums up how many of you guys feel and it is very ironic that most people using HT want girls. I don't think most people realize that. I think that if you were to mention Gender Selection in a crowd, everyone would assume you are talking about the desire to have a son. That's the most ironic part about modern gender selection.
    Yes NBP! So True! Look what this writer states in the Comment section:

Elaine_dance 20 points21 points22 points 10 hours ago

She's mocking the very real and sad truth is that there are millions of parents who have genuinely been disappointed to hear It's a Girl.

[–]MoustacheSanctuary 14 points15 points16 points 6 hours ago

Maybe in certain cultures, but in the US where PGD IVF is legal, parents choose girls over boys when they select the gender in the majority of cases (there isn't much statistics being done in this area but the experts generally say around 80%).

Girls are also much more popular in adoption in the US as well (some statistics say that 90% register with a preference for girls).

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I f-ing hate both of those ladies and it is not at all surprising to me.

Oh wait, I should have said, neither gal is really my cup of tea.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Likes Jany1025, Dreamofpink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    and the thing that infuriates me (which I am uniquely qualified to comment on) is that I get tons of TTC a GIRL!! GIRL!! GIRL!! Custom Sway Plans from people in Muslim countries and also India and other Asian nations. 50-50 or very nearly so. It is not EVEN TRUE that no one in these countries wants or values girls. WE have dozens of members who are Muslims and of Indian or other Asian heritage who want girls, all around the globe! There have been several people of those ethnicities who did not even want to go HT for a boy even after 3-4 girls because they did not want to give the impression that they did not value their daughters. It isn't even TRUE!!! grr

It also makes me really mad because I really really wanted a boy for my first - I was just lucky enough to get him!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast