Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow so sorry to hear xx. Did u have any idea does it run in the family? Thinking of you and the family. Glad you get to enjoy snuggles with ds3

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Well it had been decided for us that we won't be having anymore children for sure. I am being staged for kidney failure. Unbeknownst to me, my Vitamin D level is almost zero, and I have a UTI despite only having kidney pain. We were surprised my level was so low given that I take a prenatal vitamin and take 1000IU of vitamin D three times a week and have been since I was TTCIng DS3 after my miscarriage. I will know what stage I am in before the week is out. This makes me all the more thankful for my sweet DS3 . His snuggles, coos, and laughter are getting me through.

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this.. Did you have Gestational Diabetes?? I am assuming they never found protein in your urine during your OB visits??

I am hoping for the best for you, please keep us updated...
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

4. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by netti02 View Post
    Wow so sorry to hear xx. Did u have any idea does it run in the family? Thinking of you and the family. Glad you get to enjoy snuggles with ds3

Thank you! My DS3 is such a super snuggler! I only know my mother's side of the family, and my grandma has autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fx its nothing major but totally reversible once your vitamin d increases and uti is treated.

I can't wait for newborn snuggles

7. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jany1025 View Post
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this.. Did you have Gestational Diabetes?? I am assuming they never found protein in your urine during your OB visits??

I am hoping for the best for you, please keep us updated...
    No I did not, but my last urinalysis while pregnant had a trace amount of protein. I did have high blood pressure immediately after I delivered my DS3. It took awhile for it to return to normal.

I'm just hoping that we caught it early. At least then it can be controlled by diet once we get my vitamin d levels back to normal. I was told it could take 6-12 weeks for me to start to feel better. I just thank God that none of this happened when I was pregnant!

9. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my gosh XX sorry to hear. I sure hope it's managable. I've been thinking of you and all of the gals in the due date group. Hope your sweet boys are well. Xoxo.
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

11. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh bless you, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon. Xxx
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

13. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XX, how scary. I hope there are no lasting effects and you're fully recovered soon. Is this something you'll have to watch the rest of your life? What kind of diet are you on for it? And does it definitely mean you can't have more children? It's one thing to decide for yourself, another to have it decided for you. Hugs hun. I'm glad you have such a sweet little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

15. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's crazy XX! Hope things are figured out soon.

Regarding vitamin D, most people are deficient, including every person I know who only take 1000-2000 IU (like my mom). Before swaying, I took at least 5000 IU of vitamin D a day as my research showed that you should take 1000 IU for every 25 lbs of body weight. At that level, I've always been in the normal range (~58). During pregnancy and breastfeeding studies show that moms need at least 6000 IU daily for your breastmilk to have enough vitamin D so that your baby doesn't need supplements. I took 6800 IU when pregnant and breastfeeding. When I started swaying I stopped taking vitamin D completely and after a year it was slightly low, but not truly deficient, at 38. My endocrinologist likes it to be closer to 100, so I upped my vitamin D to 12,000 IU a day and my levels were at 99 after 4 months. My endo said vitamin D will stay in your system for about 3 weeks and after that will start dropping. I'm currently only taking vitamin D during the TWW and my level had dropped back to 58 as of two weeks ago. The doctor can prescribe you 50,000 IU vitamin D to get your levels up quickly. I took those twice a week and it brought my levels up fast. Otherwise, I take the Carlson brand of vitamin D drops. The ones that are 4000 IU per drop. My boys are around 50 and 100 lbs, so DS2 takes 2000 IU a day and DS1 takes 4000 IU. Being deficient in vitamin D will also make you much more prone to getting sick.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

17. Thanks maidentomother, XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vitamin d deficiency occurs as a result of kidney disease and the regular vitamin d preparations donot have effect. U will need a precription for "active" vitamin D.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

19. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast