Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question For Those That Have Had UTI's

When did you start to feel better, once you were put on an antibiotic? I have never had one before, until now.

I was diagnosed with one last Monday, and I was put on a 3 day course of a strong Sulfa. Once I took my last dose and was still experiencing kidney pain, I went back in. I was put on a 10 day course of Keflex and have been on it 1.5 days. I feel like the pain isn't getting better. It doesn't hurt to pee- never did- I just have pain in my back where the kidneys are located. I was told my infection was bad. My first urine culture grew 3 different organisms !

I'm planning on calling my doctor on Monday- I haven't been able to see him as he has been out of town. I want to make sure nothing else is going on. I also am vitamin d deficient. My d level was 4 and am prescribed 50,000IU of bio available d3 once a week for 6 weeks. They wanted to do 100,000IU twice a week, but I'm still breastfeeding my 3mo old.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far! Sorry for such a long post. I don't like searching on google and the only person I can ask IRL are my MIL and grandma. I don't want them to worry about me unnecessarily, ykim?

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush, EmileeJane liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No experience but from what ive heard, kidney pain can be agony so I hope it's nothing more sinister than the infection but it sounds like you are really deficient in vit d too. If the pain gets worse I'd go to an emergency doctor/hospital if you can.

4. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not much advice but I am praying for you!!

6. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bumping for more responses
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to get them regularly. I am allergic to Sulfa so was automatically put on Keflex, I believe. I would occasionally get the kidney pain but it never escalated.
    Aren't you having kidney issues? I had a friend growing up who had kidney issues. One of her kidneys only worked 30%. Every time she had a uti she ended up with a kidney infection and in the hospital for a couple of days. I am NOT trying to scare you. I'm just saying if you truly have kidney issues you should be aware of a more serious infection. Also if the 1st round didn't work it may just take a bit more time to clear up again this point. Take care!!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post