Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    Yup ^^ ITA! Or if you can't stand it anymore...(which with the hair pulling smiley I assumed was more like it) there's a point where you just have to put your foot down and not give her a bottle even if she wants it. I would have to put a stop to the bottle, if it was me. It may be hard but....maybe that's what needs to be done??Plus, you just keep laying her down. Yes she cries, but you are there with her, that's all that matters. Lay her down over and over and soon she will stay laying. It just takes time. I know it's hard and emotionally tough but you are with her the whole time.xoxo
    I totally agree! It's just like everything else that goes with being a parent- It's waaaaay harder on you than her to get through it!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you're going through this....I don't have too much wisdom as my kids all did this and now my 3 YO climbs out of his bed and comes into ours around 5 in the morning. None of my kids slept through the night til they were older (closer to 2 or 2 1/2). It does depend if you are OK with it or not. DH family including my SIL all think they should be on their own very early but we co-sleep with our babies and I also don't believe in letting them cry it out. It sounds to me it's more of a hunger thing with your little one. Could you make a bigger hole in the nipple and put something of substance in the bottle like mix oatmeal or cereal in the milk. that may fill her stomach up (I'm assuming she gets a bottle before bed?) I know what's it's like to have picky eaters!!! Good Luck--I haven't had good sleep in 9 years LOL!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would cut back on the drinks of milk during the day, this will be filling her tummy up but not providing enough to keep her full during the night.

I know how hard it is when all you want to do is sleep but it really comes down to having to be tough/strong and take the bottle away cold turkey. This is what I have learnt anyway from our experience. After a few nights believe me she will start to learn you are not giving in and she will start eating more too once the bottle is gone.

When she cries out during the night, go in quietly without talking, tuck her in, pat her bottom, stroke her hair sit beside her so she isn't alone and when she calms down try walking out. If she starts up again, go back in and do the same.

It is going to be tiring, but worth it just takes time and perseverance xxxx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried the more hole nipple last night .She use the 2 and now I give her the 3. Well she hated it. ok.
    To make it more complicated lol she will not drink if I try to put anything in it! no oatmeal, cereal , nothing.

ttc5-she only drinks from the bottle once during the day when she go take a nap. No other milk all day because she will not drink it from the cup.So she drink 9 oz milk all day and that's it.

I think I try not to give her milk tonight ...or the #3 and or put water in her milk. idk...last night did not worked out.
    And she can sleep all night for sure because sometimes she dose it.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if she has a bottle of milk to go down at the beginning of the night and again at the beginning of her nap then she's bound to expect one if she wakes during the night - that's just how it is to her. Perhaps if you want to stop the bottle in the middle of the night you should work on changing how she goes to sleep in the first place (and it's easier on you in the day time and early evening than it is in the middle of the night!). Of course she'll protest because it's different - but I would give her her bottle somewhere else and introduce something new to replace it in her bedtime routine, does she have a special blanket or toy to cuddle?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im trying here lol! I give her the #3 nipple and also put some water in her milk today .Give it to her before nap so she can walk around with it but she run to her bed. Also give her water in her sippy cup so she get use to that in the bed too. maybe it helps...At first she did not drink the milk so well see when she wakes up what happened.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ehh she did drink it... well I try it tonight again. Thanks for all the help girls!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    I tried the more hole nipple last night .She use the 2 and now I give her the 3. Well she hated it. ok.
    To make it more complicated lol she will not drink if I try to put anything in it! no oatmeal, cereal , nothing.

ttc5-she only drinks from the bottle once during the day when she go take a nap. No other milk all day because she will not drink it from the cup.So she drink 9 oz milk all day and that's it.

I think I try not to give her milk tonight ...or the #3 and or put water in her milk. idk...last night did not worked out.
    And she can sleep all night for sure because sometimes she dose it.
    Ah right!!! MMMMM trickey isn't it
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I don't want anyone to cry all night but eating in the middle of the night when you eat food during the day is 100% unnecessary. It is a habit and I am of the opinion that it is better to teach her to console herself so she can put herself back to sleep. If you don't stop, why would she? I'm not saying don't go to her but absolutely would not feed her. I would do what that Nanny on TV does for sleep training. You lay her back down, do not speak to her and slowly work yourself out of the room.

If you want to get your life and health back, I would put in the effort to male her self reliant. It doesn't take more than a few days usually and I bet she will be better functioning throughout the day when she wakes well rested.
    i totally agree, it will never stop as long as you keep allowing it to happen, and you dont want her to be 6 and still doing it.
    tough love is the best thing for ALL of you..

i used the same method for one of my boys, and yes it was heartbreaking, but it only took 3 nights and he realised he was not getting his own way and gave up.
    everyone so much happier and rested because of it.

most babies give up within a week, so one week of you feeling bad verses possibly years of what you are currently dealing with........its a no brainer....
    Last edited by dannikins; September 23rd, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We already tried this before more then 3 nights and she did not stop .There is no such thing here like "work yourself out of the room" She scream bloody murder when Im right next to her! I get what others says that she calm down and you go out and go back ect. well she wont calm down at all. And I just can't leave her alone in the room like that , crying in the dark alone , scared.
    I was really interested in tips how others did it...but like a nice way? Not to let her cry alone for nights and nights until she learn she can't trust me anymore because Im not coming when she calls me.I think she would feel abounded and unloved.
    So I guess we try baby steps...like the water and bigger bottle nipple...
    +1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast