Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic-

I dont know where else to turn i am hoping you have some ideas...finally heard back from the clinic that ran and iron and ferritin panel on me and they told me that with my results if i start a prental with iron in it i would be A okay. Well i then had to inform them ive been on a prenatal with 28 MG of iron in it and my numbers are still dropping and they pretty much shrugged and said they dont know. Comforting, am i right? Dont know what else to do, that is actually more iron than they recommend for women my age (because its a prental and trying to supply for me and baby) and yet its also not working...an extra supplement? is that even safe? more importantly what if that doesnt work..i dont even understand whats happening to me i guess. I have been anemic in past pregnancies but not like this.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Atomic-

I dont know where else to turn i am hoping you have some ideas...finally heard back from the clinic that ran and iron and ferritin panel on me and they told me that with my results if i start a prental with iron in it i would be A okay. Well i then had to inform them ive been on a prenatal with 28 MG of iron in it and my numbers are still dropping and they pretty much shrugged and said they dont know. Comforting, am i right? Dont know what else to do, that is actually more iron than they recommend for women my age (because its a prental and trying to supply for me and baby) and yet its also not working...an extra supplement? is that even safe? more importantly what if that doesnt work..i dont even understand whats happening to me i guess. I have been anemic in past pregnancies but not like this.
    Buro, I'm sort of running and jumping here, but there IS a condition -- a type of anemia -- where it has less to do with the amount of iron cells and more to do with the size of them. I'm totally blanking on it, but I wonder if that could be your issue? Or if there's some sort of benign bleed internally that isn't being noticed. Are you B12 deficient, as well?

Re: thyroid. I'll have to read over this thread more, I don't know how I missed it (unless I already commented and forgot... which is likely).

3. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The type of iron matters here Buro. Plant based iron doesn't abosrb well at all. I have struggled with anemia and thyroid issues myself (part of my long journey) and there is just too much that main****** doctors DO NOT KNOW or understand. Iron deficiency falls under nutrition (in most cases) and they haven't a clue.

Get yourself some heme iron. It REALLY does work. Take liquid chlorophyll as well to help your body make what it needs naturally as well. It is very difficult to take one issue and isolate it, including the thyroid because our body is a giant system with smaller systems within it. If you've ever watched someone fix a car or a computer you'll notice a common theme which is if one part is breaking/having a difficult time, it is often due to other parts making that one part overcompensate for their lack. That's how the body works.

Anemia, Thyroid issues, Adrenal issues and hormone issues are all connected. I know this is gonna seem like it is unrelated but go here: Gauging Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms | Dr Carolyn Dean MD ND and look at the list, see how many of those you check off. They don't have to be present thing for example, smoking, if you've ever done it, mark it.

Mineral deficiency is huge, most people have it and don't realize it because labwork they get done is inaccurate. Medications literally suck our mineral reserves out of our bodies, especially magnesium and everything goes haywire from there.

Babies take all of our reserves, your body shifts from making your body a priority, to making the baby a priority. If you were deficient in any way shape or form before, it will be worse during pregnancy, with each pregnancy and afterwards. This may be why it is worse for you now.

Also, since this is a thyroid thread, I assume you have thyroid issues, try reading through here: https://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ferritin/

I have tons I could share and talk about, but its incredibly lengthy. After reading this stuff, perhaps some questions will arise
    Last edited by cosmosis; January 14th, 2017 at 04:16 PM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

5. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many women have to take more iron than that. I ended up having to take 60 mg (heme iron) during my last pregnancy and this was under my doc's advice. Our bodies are very iron-greedy in pregnancy and some of us do have to end up taking more. I would probably just add in this Feosol Complete FAQ - Feosol this is what I took in addition to my prenatal and it worked IMMEDIATELY I felt so much better.

If your numbers are low it's ok to take a little more.

I would put a call in to your OB just to be sure if you're nervous about it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic and cosmo- this?

IMG_2053.JPG
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not familiar with feosol, but if Atomic has used it and it works well, go for it

You can try it to see how you feel and perhaps order the heme iron in the meantime (it can take a bit to arrive), you will benefit from taking both forms, perhaps in rotation. I used heme iron in tablet form and non heme injection to get myself up and running.

Because of your thyroid issue, you want something that the body can put to use quickly and not have to work very hard for, kwim? Heme iron and non heme iron are absorbed differently. When you get a chance, have a quick look: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2725368/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that and didn't get the answers I was hoping.. I probably am just to foggy at this moment to really absorb what I'm reading. Heme is absorbed faster right? I hope. The one I ordered is a heme type iron cosmo that's what atomic recommended..a heme type as well. It's just that mine is the offbrand t seems of the kind she suggested
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the body is much more receptive to heme iron than non heme and it takes the body longer to make non heme iron available to use. That's the gist of the study.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    as long as it's heme, it's all good.

I found it was an IMMEDIATE improvement. Like as soon as I took it I felt better.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, I felt the same pretty much instant relief with heme iron.

17. Likes atomic sagebrush, Burakoam liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast