Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any moms with previous thyroid issues?

Struggling to find forums for support for this. Just wanting to talk to others who have been through the same thing i guess. My TSH has been dropping in big increments this pregnancy and so i finally saw an Endocrinologist. upon physical examination he thinks i have a nodule on the left side of my thyroid gland. I am to have a thyroid ultrasound in a week or two.. I dont know anything else at this time, no official diagnosis though terms like 'subclinical hyperthyroid' or 'possible secondary hypothyroidism' have been tossed at me...trying to not worry since the nodule and tsh problems have seemingly appeared in pregnancy when cancer is more likely to grow and cause issues...i normally get thick lovely hair in pregnancy but mine is extremely thin and falling out alot still and doesnt seem to be growing longer very well either which is also weird for me..

TSH at last check was 0.94 and T4 was 1.0...anyone with previous experience with any of this with some words of wisdom or encouragement to share? Ended up in the ER with the flu last monday and had ketones and protein in my urine..i think they thought it was related to the puking as did i since they werent worried...and then last night my ankles started swelling and it hasnt gone down...low platelets as well making me now wonder if i am on the road to pre E on top of everything else. my blood pressure i think is the only thing saving me and the baby at this time since its so low nobody will ever diagnose pre e...at doctor on friday it was 100/50
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh thyroid issues are awful. I don't have much advice but can give lots of support. I have hypothyroidism and have struggled to maintain levels where they need to be for years. I do take medication for it. your levels seems kinda borderline so finding the right endo is what will really impact your care. It is (in my opinion) important to find a Dr that treats based on symptoms not numbers. You can have levels within normal range and be extremely symptomatic from it. The right endo will work to find out what level you personally need to be at vs just keeping you within clinical range. Once the u/s results are in you will hopefully have more answers. Low platelets in pregnancy is not super uncommon but I would make sure they redraw within a month of your due date because if they drop too much your risk of hemorrhage does increase. Usually they are fine though
    Lots of thoughts and good gives coming your way. Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Burakoam, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that they are not that uncommon in pregnancy and thats what put my mind at ease..its just that now ive got swelling i know swelling can also be normal in pregnancy but its really never happened in any of my others and its all of the things together i guess that are concerning me thanks jen....support is just fine and mainly what im looking for -big hugs-
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thyroid problems, especially hyperthyroid issues, can cause high blood pressure. I would definitely mention your symptoms when you see the endocrinologist again.

FX you get some real answers soon and can begin treatment!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One Last Pink Sway
    My Ovulation Chart

6. Thanks Burakoam, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I have no advice but your not alone in struggling with this. I have hypothyroidism and it was fine through previous pregnancies but this one my tsh keep raising, despite increases in medication. Am fighting with the medical profession as they are refusing to increase despite increasing tsh, due to heart palpitations. I have increased against medical advice but have informed the clinic. If it helps, I was hyperactive in June and was actively ttc and spoke to my gp and he said there were no issue with been hyperactive and trying to conceive or been pregnant, it's only underactive. Am sure that's no reassurance at all but maybe your symptoms are connected to something else? Hope you get answers soon x

8. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to call and get seen for the swelling. I agree probably not pre-e but let's not take any chances.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah the answering service says at this time it doesnt count as an emergency and to call tomorrow and see if i can get in to check my urine etc..my hands and wrists are swelling now
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

12. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm keeping you in my prayers Burakoam! I'm concerned about you, sweetie !

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One Last Pink Sway
    My Ovulation Chart

14. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    any update today Burk??? If hands and feet are suddenly swelling you need to go to ER!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was able to leave a sample. I do have ketones and protein in my urine still but the swelling comes and goes and just so happens when i was there it wasnt 'that bad' to them...my blood pressure is very low and so they dont think its related to pre E...so all of that is being pushed aside to be 'monitored' i guess...my glucose test is in a few weeks and if its not pre E i wonder if the ketones and protein is related to that..im not super surprised at the lack of concern i am pretty used to it with this group of doctors... I am hoping my Endocrinologist is a good one. He's been around alot of years, his credentials were extremely impressive and hes pretty old so i imagine hes been doing what hes doing for a long time..

What i dont understand is ive had gestational diabetes in the past and never had ketones or protein in my urine so i am still afraid they are missing something....and thats if i even have it again this pregnancy (my sugars have actually been on the very low side so far this pregnancy)

Isnt that supposed to be a big red flag about the health or longevity of a pregnancy? :/

Also had someone tell me that ketones and protein + my blood work indicate im starving...which makes sense with a non fasting sugar of 98 a few weeks back which freaked me out cause id had a big lunch and a large soda to boot and when id taken a FASTING glucose test a few years back my sugar was 99...but what i dont get is how is all of this being missed, is the baby even okay if my body is in starvation mode and i eat like a champ so i really want to know wtf is going on because i by all means should NOT be starving...could this be hyperthyroid related?
    Last edited by Burakoam; January 2nd, 2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast