Sorry to hear that, love being a mummy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry LBAM
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia, I am the oldest of three girls--no boys. Growing up we were a close family but I didn't feel so close to my sisters since they were 6 and 8 years younger. Big age difference growing up. But we did everything as a family. camping, picnics, parks etc. and my parents always had their friends with kids or my aunt and uncle and cousins so we never felt lonely. Now that i have 3 I try to make the most of it too. We have a bedtime routine, I do homework with each child, and our weekends are all about the kids' activities and sports. Another great thing as others have mentioned is the kids always have someone to play with. My kids rarely walk around the house with nothing to do, and when one starts playing something, the others join in so they keep each other company for sure! As for you having three beautiful daughters, my sisters and I have such a close relationship now--age difference isn't so big when you're older. We help each other with babysitting, we hang out, and my two sisters moved to my state so all three of us are within a few miles from each other. AND we really take care of our parents. they never feel lonely even though they live in another state cause there's always a kid visiting or calling. Holidays are busy and hectic and I love it. I don't see a downside to having as big a family as you can mange. It's diff for each person. we decided on 4 maximum cause I feel like I can sanely handle 4 kids, some moms are much better than me, but if I'm honest with myself I know that 4 is as much as I can handle and give attention to and be present for.
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't grow up in a large family. I have 2 older brother. One is 7.5 years older than me and the other is 4 years older than me. So I wasn't close to them when I was growing up. I am now, and I still wish there was more of us. That's why I want a large family. Hubby wants 6 but is open to 8. I want 8 I am 30 weeks pregnant with my 4th.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    I'm so sorry LBAM
    Thanks hun xx

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband and I grew up in families with 8 children. We are both the 6th child. My family has mostly girls and his has mostly boys. Personally, I loved it. I have four sisters and we are all so different but love each other so much. I didn't get along with my brothers until we were much older. I don't feel like we ever got one on one attention from our parents unless we sought after it. I am very close to my Mother but it is because I choose that. My younger sister cannot even remember Mom's birthday. So personalities largely decide that.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big families are the best. I myself come form a small family...grew up happy but pretty much lonely most of my life. Friends more less have let me down and still do...nothing is greater than your own family and the community they form.....we do everything together and all my children get equal attention albeit that suits their personality ( of my boys is not a very touchy feely kind of kid). But there is never a dull moment true they kill me off but they keep us young too and I know they love each other..my 13 year is so comfortable in his environment that we actually worry he doesn't make enough friends....when questioned if he would like to meet friends and feels bored his usual response is no and he still enjoys spending a lot of time with his younger siblings in the garden and playing spy or alien or zomby games at home. There is never a dull moment and I know that each of my own children look to having their own big families when the time comes as they keep saying how such and such is an only child or such and such house is really boring because there is not much to do.....as time has gone by I realize having the big family I never had myself has been the best blessing I could wish for...I will never worry leaving my children behind they all have each other so if 1 or 2 don't get along or drift apart they have someone else in the family to keep them united. Every part of my life is filled with joy. The good things outweigh the bad and those are so few. The only everyday issue with having a big family is the practicality of things.....like holidays ( but we still manage them where there is a will there is a way) and time to yourself.....but nothing can compare to that feeling of utmost joy when you see your brood all bantering and laughing and talking I front of you Aaron's that dinner table. Knowing that one day each one of them will bring their own stories and spouses to add to the mix.....so from that first moment you smell their newborn scent to walking their first steps through to their first today of school up until the day you walk them down the aisle or sit at their wedding and welcome their first child....every step of the way is filled with joy and excitement and I got all that to come 6 times over!!!!! Nothing can compare to big families it's the best thing that has ever happened to me....

married for 18 years!!!!

ME '74 DH '69

MUM to 5 happy active talented fiesty '00, '04, '06, '12, 14 and 1 '08. GD PART OF MY LIFE NOW. Accepted and enjoying life with my kids! Now in my early 40's still a small glimmer of hope to possibly be blessed with another pink bean, however, more of a fantasy then a deliberate attempt. On coil and not planning anymore. Don't think I could handle GD now.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im the youngest of 4girls and I reckon I was the most spoilt! My childhood was fantastic we played all the time like 4 best friends & we all still hang out, my parents weren't very affectionate growing up, so my sisters were always giving me cuddles & kisses, maybe because I was the youngest!

My magic number is 3, no more for us!
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345