Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    It totally makes sense and I can tell you from the perspective of finally getting your dream gender, what I said still doesn't change- you have to find something that makes YOU happy no matter what. Getting your dream gender is great but it doesn't solve world hunger or world peace IYKWIM. Your kids will grow up and have their own lives. You gotta live yours too.
    Absolutely! I am excited beyond words about a girl in my life...but feel the same way about my passions, career, etc. I know that although my GD was bad with DS2, it felt different this time around. I was expecting this one to be a boy and didn't feel that bad about it...I'm sure GD lessens in time for some. Pretty sure it had already started getting better before TTC this one
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once after DS3 - until then I had foolishly thought that one of them was bound to be a girl and never did anything to try one way or the other!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, when I was prego with DS1 I took a gender urine test and I was upset that it said girl but a few weeks later the u/s showed a perfect boy and I was over the moon in love with my little boy.

DS2 I wanted to be a girl. I did wish some awful things to happen but once I held him OMG every thought and feeling went away. I did talk about a 3rd child in the labor and delivery room

I am a little afraid of my feelings but I do know that I will love my baby no matter what it is. After all I love my hubby and my boys so I can love whatever comes along.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    once with DS3--I kinda thought I would have 2 boys 2 girls. But I honestly think other people's expectations caused the GD because everyone mentioned how I have to have a daughter. Before then, it never occurred to me to care as long as baby is healthy. When I heard boy at NT scan I went online to other sites to study the whole nub theory and that's what caused it the most. I have to say I am probably closest to ds3!!! I love all my kids, but something about him he is so special to me and so loved....I bonded with him right away and my little GD baby is just the most special little guy in my life!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Glittergirl View Post
    once with DS3--I kinda thought I would have 2 boys 2 girls. But I honestly think other people's expectations caused the GD because everyone mentioned how I have to have a daughter. Before then, it never occurred to me to care as long as baby is healthy. When I heard boy at NT scan I went online to other sites to study the whole nub theory and that's what caused it the most. I have to say I am probably closest to ds3!!! I love all my kids, but something about him he is so special to me and so loved....I bonded with him right away and my little GD baby is just the most special little guy in my life!
    I admit that it's the same here...I'm not sure if it's because he's the "baby" or it's just because we really click together. He is such a mommy's boy too...my other 2 were not as close to me and wanted daddy a lot. I love it My bond with him is crazy....I can honestly say it's different with him.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can tell you from the perspective of finally getting your dream gender,
    Do you feel your family is now complete?

Every one has told I will know when I am done, and my family will feel complete.
    I have never felt complete even when I had DD and DS. I always wanted another baby and now I have 5 kids I still feel the same way. I worry I will always want more children. It's a very strong emotion to deal with.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by love being a mummy View Post
    Do you feel your family is now complete?

Every one has told I will know when I am done, and my family will feel complete.
    I have never felt complete even when I had DD and DS. I always wanted another baby and now I have 5 kids I still feel the same way. I worry I will always want more children. It's a very strong emotion to deal with.
    Oh, I was so done! Yes, I knew. If I had gone for number 4 naturally and gotten another girl, I would be done. We want to do stuff- travel, be able to leave the house without a diaper bag, etc. Before we are old! I'm dead serious about that. I want to go into my forties infant free, toddler free and start enjoying life beyond preschool play dates. I've started to get back out there some and I am absolutely enjoying it!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My hubby is the same he wants the kids to grow up a bit so we can spend more time together doing things without nappies, prams, bottles etc but I can't help it, I look to the future and I want my other son. I want my son to have a brother.
    I grew up with no sister and I hated it, I still hate it.
    Hubby says DS will have brother in law's and probably sons of his own, but it's not the same as a brother.
    I don't have a sister but I have SIL's and 4 DD's but it's not the same as having a sister JMO

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had it mildly with boy #2. My first I was OK with because although I would have preferred a girl, I figured my next would be a girl. When he wasn't I was disappointed. I actually came to terms with it rather quickly and decided I was Ok with it and I wanted to be done. It was a few years later (when my sister started having girls) that I started feeling that yearning again for a daughter. It's so difficult because I'm invited to go to tea parties and girly things with my mom, sister and neice and it hurts so bad. I want to experience those things with my own baby girl.
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by love being a mummy View Post
    My hubby is the same he wants the kids to grow up a bit so we can spend more time together doing things without nappies, prams, bottles etc but I can't help it, I look to the future and I want my other son. I want my son to have a brother.
    I grew up with no sister and I hated it, I still hate it.
    Hubby says DS will have brother in law's and probably sons of his own, but it's not the same as a brother.
    I don't have a sister but I have SIL's and 4 DD's but it's not the same as having a sister JMO
    How old is your DS? I know what you mean about having a brother but really, I don't think about that ever. You could really run with that- I am the oldest in my family...I never got to experience having an older brother OR sister...am I missing out? If you have another DS and he never has a younger sibling, does he miss out...you could go on and on with that but I really don't think your DS will be affected at all.

I take the glass half full approach and my DS gets all the attention when it comes to the boy stuff...he stands out because he is the only boy and we embrace it. I don't think any of my kids has issues with where they fall in the birth order because it's not an issue and we don't make an issue of it. So, is it more YOUR issue or your DS'? What is he missing that his sisters cannot provide? I don't think there is anything he cannot do with them that he would have to have a brother to do other than see how far in one direction they can pee! (That's a joke). Obviously, you have a DH and he can get everything he needs from him.

I know what you mean about wanting a same sex sibling- I like the fact that my girls do- but that is MY issue, not theirs. That's all I'm saying.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast