Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely say go for it! It is not uncommon to have another baby shower thrown for you when you have a baby of another gender. Not in poor etiquette whatsoever. Congrats glittergirl and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree with everyone, I think we deserve one for each baby, regardless of our age or the baby's gender. People WANT to buy you cute stuff and celebrate with you, so let 'em! Enjoy!!!!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Each of my boys had a shower and I know I will have one when I have my baby girl!

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The display idea is great on so many levels! Eco friendly too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is great! Go for it, and as other posters suggested, wouldn't register, just enjoy the pink!!!

I had a family only sprinkle for DS2 and it was clothing, but it helped out a lot! DS1 was born in a different season, so the clothes I had saved weren't the right season for DS2 to wear hehe
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Glittergirl View Post
    My sister has been wanting to host one since she found out I was preg and kept saying she would have one even if it was another boy.
    What a great sister!!!!

I think with the 4th child it's fine. After all, even if it is a boy, a lot of the clothes and stuff have been puked & pooped on a million times. Not to mention, it's great to celebrate all babies...even #4. Since you're having a girl, I think it's totally fine. If you feel weird about having one, just invite people that you KNOW want to come & are really excited. You can "feel" the others out as to where they stand on the topic.

I like the idea of not registering & letting it be more of a gender-celebration shower.

congrats!

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow you all have such great ideas! I'm gonna tell her that if anyone asks if I need anything to just leave it up to them on what they want to bring--I may even ask that if they want, then can donate a small item that I can take to the shelter here as I feel blessed enough with this baby. I did that with DS1 as a group of co-workers threw a lunch baby shower and everyone brought a package of diapers that we took over to the women's shelter. I also love the idea of having the open presents. I totally agree I really dislike being the center of attention!!! I have a hard time celebrating my birthday when friends bring gifts LOL! I like the idea of just celebrating this baby!!!! With ds2 and 3 we had a meet the baby party and that was so nice too. the only problem with that is I'm usually super paranoid about people who may have a cold or have sick kids all come over and handle the new baby. I know--it's crazy--but the first few months I'm always so careful not to have so many people around the baby...I always have the baby covered in the stroller if I have to go to the mall or other crowded germy places
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely go for it Glitter Girl!!!! You only live once! I'm have twin girls my 3rd and 4th and I had a couple friends offer to do a shower so I accepted! I think it will be fun and like everyone has said it is so much fun to buy for girls. I think even if you registered or said no gifts people will still buy you girl clothes and bows and ribbons. I know I can't resist when my friends have a girl! Have fun and go celebrate your Baby Glitter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12