Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gender test?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gender test?

Hi. Does anyone know if this test/site is reliable to determine gender from 9 weeks? It says its 99% accurate so I was wondering if anyone knew of this test? This is a New Zealand site but it looks like you can get the test done in most countries. Thanks heaps

Baby Gender Testing New Zealand | Boy Girl DNA Test | Blue or Pink

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I'd never heard of it but looks interesting especially as they also do other types of DNA testing. Will be interesting to see what ppl say.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it looks interesting. Its a lot of money but dh said we should do it as he wants to know as early as possible. Someone on In-gender did the test and she was very confident in it. Someone else said it was a scam but I think she may have been confusing it with another type of test?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    someone on another forums I post on paid for this, was swaying pink, the results came back blue, but at her next scan it was confirmed to be a girl afterall

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried the Intelegender at home test and it was right for my DD, if it had been proven wrong i wouldn't have minded too much because it was a cheap bit of fun. You should just check if the company has a refund policy if their testing proves to be wrong in the end.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been wondering about this test too. I think I saw there is a refund policy and something like a 95% accuracy rating. I saw a CNN piece on it a while ago but one thing that worries me about it is it says something about previous boy pregnancies messing with the results.
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)
    BFP on 7/13/14 Due 3/28/15 hoping for another

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie86 View Post
    I have been wondering about this test too. I think I saw there is a refund policy and something like a 95% accuracy rating. I saw a CNN piece on it a while ago but one thing that worries me about it is it says something about previous boy pregnancies messing with the results.
    Oh I didn't know this about previous boy pregnancies. I might email them to see what they say about this.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a similar blood test when I was pg with DD. It was manufactured by Acu-Gen, and required me to prick my finger & put a few drops of blood on their test slip, which I then submitted to their lab for testing. They told me I was having a boy. Lo & behold, surprise surprise at our u/s - she's all girl. The science is there, but it's not perfect, and there is a very real possibility of your body having male fetal DNA in it. This can be from previous boy pregnancies (even if you had an early m/c, possibly without ever knowing you were pg). It can also be from when your mother was pg with you - if you had a vanishing boy twin, your body can potentially have fetal DNA from him. I'd really discourage anyone from doing these tests. It's just not worth the heartache.

In our case, I wound up paying for 2 additional u/s, because I couldn't believe the blood test had been wrong. The company gave me double my money back, but others weren't so lucky. It's definitely your decision, but I'd be skeptical of any results until you have an u/s to confirm.
    (6/02) (1/04) (3/06) (11/10)
    TTC one more girl to complete our family!
    All cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans:
    1st - 3rd IUI with sperm sort & Follistim: BFN
    4th IUI + sperm sort, Follistim & Menopur ~ IUI done 2/27/2012 ~ BFP on 3/8/2012!!
    Twins seen on early u/s, but Baby B wasn't viable. Baby A looks great, though!
    Amniocentesis & Ultrasounds at 13.5 weeks & 15 weeks confirmed GIRL!!

Lily Katherine is here!! Born on 11/15/12, 9 lb 8 oz.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkash View Post
    I did a similar blood test when I was pg with DD. It was manufactured by Acu-Gen, and required me to prick my finger & put a few drops of blood on their test slip, which I then submitted to their lab for testing. They told me I was having a boy. Lo & behold, surprise surprise at our u/s - she's all girl. The science is there, but it's not perfect, and there is a very real possibility of your body having male fetal DNA in it. This can be from previous boy pregnancies (even if you had an early m/c, possibly without ever knowing you were pg). It can also be from when your mother was pg with you - if you had a vanishing boy twin, your body can potentially have fetal DNA from him. I'd really discourage anyone from doing these tests. It's just not worth the heartache.

In our case, I wound up paying for 2 additional u/s, because I couldn't believe the blood test had been wrong. The company gave me double my money back, but others weren't so lucky. It's definitely your decision, but I'd be skeptical of any results until you have an u/s to confirm.
    I have heard the blood test is quite inaccurate but this one is a urine based test . There isn't a lot of feedback about the easy-dna urine test but was hoping it may have been a way to determine early gender. I guess not even ultrasounds are 100% so you never really know until you hold the baby in your arms.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the best baby gender test which claims high accuracy too. It predicted a girl for my last one but he is all boy!
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast