Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for your responses! It's so nice to hear other people's point of view on such an important deciscion! Cinss, it probably would be best to wait til they aren't quite so challenging. Newborns are so hard, DS2 had colic and was a preemie, any baby I have from now on will be taken at 35 weeks at the latest so I know another preemie would be very stressful again.
    Maybe some day, I can talk to DH (probably get him drunk first lol) and ask him about having 2 more back to back a few years down the road.. Id love to secure a #4 but he's quite contented with his 2 sons, but he knows how desperately I want a DD and is willing to try 2x more for me. Yet he says all the time he only has one more in him.
    I guess in my head and heart and I know that I shouldn't have a third right now, but my greed makes me want to try right NOW. I'm so tired of having to wait. I had everything planned out to sway before DS1 was even born but everything happens for a reason. Maybe I'll hold off for now, I just know it's not a good idea or I wouldn't be questioning it, I'm just being greedy. I just hope I don't end up pregnant before the attempt, that's another reason I want to have one planned try then another surprise cuz I just snack way too much to ever have a DD naturally lol. A few of you mentioned not rushing the sway planning and yeah, I have been like AH I don't even know what I'm going to do! And where we are has absolutely nothing on the list pretty much. We're moving at the end of the year anyway. I obsess over things so I haven't started my new plan yet, I have to be completely able to obsess away and with these 2 boys fighting and getting into everything I can't zone in.
    Anyway thanks again everyone, it's so hard to wait for something you want so bad. Maybe we will move back to the states and have a chance to adpot a girl. Or maybe we will win the lottery and can go HT hahaha
    Last edited by ThroughWithBlue; March 30th, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My kids are 5, 3, 1, and the baby will be born in December. They are all two years apart. I have always had them potty trained before I brought home the new baby. That won't happen this time around because my son will only be 20 months old. My house is never really clean but I love seeing them play and teach one another. I don't have much help. My husband works 7am-to 7Pm and travels for weeks at a time to other countries. My parents will help if I have a doctors appointment or emergency but they are old grandparents.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkmom View Post
    My kids are 5, 3, 1, and the baby will be born in December. They are all two years apart. I have always had them potty trained before I brought home the new baby. That won't happen this time around because my son will only be 20 months old. My house is never really clean but I love seeing them play and teach one another. I don't have much help. My husband works 7am-to 7Pm and travels for weeks at a time to other countries. My parents will help if I have a doctors appointment or emergency but they are old grandparents.
    NewYorkMom I feel for you! My DH works from 3am to 3pm, leaves for the gym from 5-9 (he fights prof here so he trains alot) so I'm alone all day also. Also is military so he deploys for 7mo every other year, plus we live in Japan so I have nobody nearby to help. I totally understand how you feel. It's nice to hear you can do it alone.
    Nov 09 Jan 11

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DS is now 3 and I'm 20 weeks pregnant so i guess it's okay but knowing how hard headed my son is now, I'll probably have a hard time since my DH works during the day time. :-s

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I technically have 4 kids 4 and under right now. For me it has been the right decision, but my husband helps a lot so if he didn't I think I would feel a bit crazier.
    DS is almost 5, DD1 is 3 1/2 and DD2 is 1 1/2 and DD3 is 2 months.
    They all range 16 months apart to 21 months apart. The oldest def. fight sometimes, but they are also so close and can do many activities together.
    I think they will continue to be close as they get older too. They will be in school together, etc. Yes, they def. get less of my attention, but they also gain the relationship with one another. They do say your sibling is the longest relationship you will have.
    I will say #3 and #4 was easier because #1 and #2 had each other to play with so I was able to spend more time with #3 and #4 as infants than I was with #2 when she was an infant.

GL-go with your gut. I am a twin so I think that helped us decide to do closer. I grew up with sister and really enjoyed having someone to go through things with.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TWTB, you and I are in the same situation! I have a 3.5 yr old and a 2 yr old (Bday May 12). Dh keeps on putting off having babies every month, since the past 4 months that I was on the diet. I finally decided we are going to try and thats that. my boys are 1.5 yrs apart and DH says they have each other to play so there's no need for a 3rd so early. dont' get me wrong, DH is crazier about having more kids. he wants like 5, but since he's been sooo involved w/ them since day 1 that he feels like he will be tied down again. He's started a business and has trips etc. and I work full-time too. during the day I take kids to my mom's . He thinks it will be so hard for me to be pregnant and take care of my very active boys, so he says we should wait. I have always been a spoiled brat so he doesn't think i would b able to handle a 3rd while he's away etc. I promised I will take care of them by myself and that I wouldn't complain when time comes lol..

I still think I made the right decision about having them so close in age, have no regrets about that and I wish that I had them even closer . my opinion is either have a 1-2 yr gap between kids. it's a bit tough at first, but it'll be much more fun in the long run. my boys share a room, toys and do the same activities.

oh, the other thing Dh is worried about is what pple will say when he have a 3rd so soon. he's worried about ppples comments?! I personally, could care less about what pple think.

hope everything goes well for you! good luck
    Last edited by Wishing4Princess; May 7th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies!! Im reading this thread and Im in the same boat as you all My DS#1 is 5 now and DS#2 will be 2 in August..we are hoping to attempt our first sway in June..so that would put my DS#1 at 6 andDS#2 at almost 3 when we bring a new baby home.. my oldest was 3.5 yrs when we had DS2 and he seemed to do really well with him...he helped take care of him and liked to hold and kiss him I was actually worried about having a baby when DS2 isnt at the 3yr mark..do any of you have any thoughts on this? Im hoping that DS2 will be mostly if not completely potty trained by then, since my DS1 was done by the time his brother arrived..DH and I dont like to think about the expense of buying 2 sets of diapers

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my first 3 are all 21 months apart. then i waited 5 years. got remarried. now i have a 2 year old, my baby girl will be 1 next week and im due anyday now with our baby boy. dilated to 5cm and 100% so even though he needs to cook longer i probably will go soon. the gap is good. i love my 12 year old, she is such a huge help sometimes. but alot of times i feel like there isn't enough mom to go around. it really helped alot once the older 3 girls started school full time.
    x5
    x2 dd#6 lost an identical twin sister and dd 5 lived in my arms for 2 hours
    2012!! he's finally here!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have four daughters close together. I wouldn't change a thing!
    April 2005 March 2007 October 2009 June 2011

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    I will say #3 and #4 was easier because #1 and #2 had each other to play with so I was able to spend more time with #3 and #4 as infants than I was with #2 when she was an infant.

GL-go with your gut. I am a twin so I think that helped us decide to do closer. I grew up with sister and really enjoyed having someone to go through things with.
    Love what you said about #1 and 2 being so close to each other you had more time with #3 as an infant. I hardly remember DS2 being a baby I was so busy. I was robbed of the precious baby time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4Princess View Post
    oh, the other thing Dh is worried about is what pple will say when he have a 3rd so soon. he's worried about ppples comments?! I personally, could care less about what pple think.

hope everything goes well for you! good luck
    Wishing4Princess I wouldn't care what people say, people will always have some dumba** comment to say about something. If it wasn't your kids it'd be something else. I get comments ALL the time about my 2 boys now and can only imagine what I will get when I'm pregnant with a 2 and 1 or 3 and 2 yaer old.
    Nov 09 Jan 11

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast