Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have 3 by December! DS will be 2 by the time the twins arrive and I'm petrified. It will be hard for sure but I'm excited knowing that in a few years I'll look back and be glad I had them so close. Good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Through with blue this is my story!
    I have DS1 (2 and half) and DS2 13 months i planned to sway second time but it just happened we are ttc pink now so if we're lucky I'll have a newborn, a 23 month old and a 3 year old. 16 months between my boys 14 months between yours I guess?
    I'm going for it now I only would have picked two children (two girls incidently - not that i'd sawp now!) as there is a small gap between my two I don't want a big gap and hopefully a girl on her own and I want to get teh nappy days over with! this is just how i feel not everyone's cuppa tea i have no idea how I willl cope but i thought that before having DS2

good luck do what feels right to you, or wait for me to do it and tell you how bad it is ;-0 xx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted my babes close together. My Aunty I'd and I look up to her a lot.
    My first son was 21 months when I had ds2. I love their age gap.
    Nt too big not too small just right. They really are best friends.
    Although like some have said my ds2 follows his big bro around like a bad smell. He's 22 months now and starting to gain some independence since i put ds1 in daycare one day a week. But hes still clingy and a total different child to my ds1 who was independent from the get go. Oh and my ds1 also has a speech delay !!

I wanted number three to be closer. But we bought a house last year so still getting renovations done, getting financially stable again, wanting/needing my partner to change work!!! As well as work on our relationship more, wait till ds2 is a little bit more dependent, and potty trained!!! I also have a few medical things I wanted to sort out. Plus researching swaying and wante to be a bit older in hope number 3 will be our girl !!! ( a lot I know, but it's vital for me to be stress free!!!)

I honestly thigs it's up to family. Each lifestyle is different. For me my partner is a miner. He leaves or work at 5 and gets home at 7! He also works shift work those same hours. So thigs get strained. I live away from family an most friends. My two are keeping me on my feet and I feel if we start ttc too early and my eldest is not in school I'm not sure I could cope with three kids at home as mean as that sounds.
    In saying that I don't want to wait too long either! There's 7 years between my partner an his sister (dp is younger than me btw lol). She's now 15 and hes 22 and yes they were close when younger but since he was the age of 16/17 they really have not gotten along. She being 15 and we know how teenage girls are he has no time for her. Not something I would like.

We are hoping to start ttc next year ds1 will be 4.5 and ds2 will almost be 3.
    Therefore ds1 in kindy 3 full days a week.
    If I do get pregnant ( fingers crossed) ds1 will be 5 and in school when babies here and ds2 will be 3.5 and in daycare 1 day a week.
    When bubs is 6 moths ds2 will be in kindy 3 days a week.
    But we shall see
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're getting ready to conceive our first and going for 2, maybe 3. Our rule on spacing is far enough apart where they're not as competitive with each other, but close enough where they can relate to each other, which will probably mean 3-5 years apart.

My husband is 4 years younger than his brother, which he said was perfect, his cousin also said that his parents intentionally spaced 4 years between him and his brothers so they could give more attention to each one, and that he really appreciates this. On the other hand, my youngest niece is 1 1/2 years older than my nephew, he's a child prodigy in many ways, and they fight a lot, which I think will go down as they get older. Although they both get along beautifully with their twin sisters, who are 6 years older than my niece.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is a personal decision and everyone's situation is different, in my case there is 17/18 months between my two boys which was on purpose. Dh wanted a third but I decided it was just going to be too much, I was worried about a big age gap for number three but I'm really glad we waited.
    Now my eldest will be over 5 and my current youngest will be nearly 4 when the baby arrives, I know it is going to be so much easier this time. Little things like being able to ask them to get their own coats and shoes on when going out, they can open the car doors and sit in their seats and wait for me to fasten them in. They are both toilet trained so I don't have 2 or more nappies to change before trying to leave the house. They play well together and keep themselves well entertained as a result, neither of them need a pushchair anymore, loads of stuff like this that makes me feel so relieved!
    The other thing is they are really looking forward to the baby arriving already, which is really lovely.
    I don't have any family nearby or anyone to babysit either so I knew I needed a gap to save my sanity, personally I don't think I would have coped very well having 3 really close together. I know lots of people do though and absolutely love it! You have to do what is right for you and your family. xx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we had two close together. no problem. when we had our third close together, that's when it went to suddenly feeling like i had several dozen kids instead. I wouldn't, in retrospect, have 3 so close together again. Still, we want 1 more, so can't be that bad, but it took 4 years for us to want to try again.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i will say go with what your hear tells ya. most of the time is thru that first respond that we have the answer.
    3 girls
    Praying God our father for a starting diet, supp. May 2013(ttcjuly 2013 ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first two are 21 months apart....and they were HARD - two in dipes, not self sufficient, etc etc. We delayed having #3 because there was just NO WAY I wanted to add to that workload.

#3 is almost 3 years younger than DS2, and omg, what a difference. I loved having DS2 well potty trained, and it's perfect spacing because DS2 was far out of babyhood so there was no jealousy, no two-in-diapers. And DS1 was much older and able to help with simple chores. I was able to really enjoy DS3's infancy, which I didn't have time or energy for with DS2, and as a result I believe my relationship with DS3 will be closer than with the older two. Plus, DS1 was almost 7 when DS3 was born, and able to help with bringing me diapers, cleaning up after himself, etc.

So IMO, I LOVE the 3 year spacing much much better than 2 years or less. You really get to enjoy the new baby that way. Plus, now that the older two are off to school all day, I have just DS3 all day to myself and it's like having an only child......great for running errands, etc, and sometimes I even get ME time when DS3 naps! Wh00t!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have 4 close together, 16 months between DS1 and DS2 and 2years between DS2 and twin DS3&4. I was worried about DS2 when the twins were born as he was very much a mummy's boy but he was absolutely fine. They all get along really well most of the time (they're now 5.5, 4 and almost 2) and I wouldn't change it for the world. I found it far easy going from 2 to 4 that 1 to 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234