Page 89 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, luckily it wasn't constant for me. It was worse when I was hungry and in the evening when I was tired. It disappeared the day I had my 12 week scan.
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like death on leggs today, green as avocado under my business makeup.. Help! Meetings all day an dead scared of being sick during a meeting..

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Morning ladies.

So I have just come back from my 1st midwife appointment. Gave her some blood and some pee, answered some questions, all done.

I then made my appointment for my 1st "official" scan, which here has to be done between the 9th and 12th week. I had the choice between today and next Monday because after that my doctor will be on holiday.

I went for next Monday, when I will be 11+4, but I was really hoping for something after the 12 week mark for nub guessing, which before 12 weeks is not reliable at all.

So do I ring tomorrow and tell them we are going away and see if maybe another doctor can do the scan in my doctor's absence after 12 weeks or do I keep the 11+4 appointment?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathilde View Post
    I feel like death on leggs today, green as avocado under my business makeup.. Help! Meetings all day an dead scared of being sick during a meeting..
    Oh no! Where is the dislike button?
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GeCon I would go for the later scan if at all possible. Is it the NT scan? If if doesn't affect the medical reason by going later then do it. If I had had my scan later I would be more certain about gender. As it is I know that the baby looked girlish but might not do today!
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emily, it is not the NT scan. The NT scan is not offered as part of your routine scans here, you have to pay for that if you want it done.

This one is just the "1st" screening, which mainly involves measuring the baby, dating the pregnancy, ensuring baby is in the right location.

I have already had scans at 4 weeks and 6 weeks to ensure baby is in the right location, so I guess it is just about measurements and dating the pregnancy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gecon.....the nub guessing is best when the baby is 12 weeks, not when we are 12 weeks preggo...or at least that is what I read. But the best dating scan is done before the 12 week mark with the least margin of error.....tough decision! Personally, if private scans were available at the 16 week mark here, I would be in getting a look at this baby!!! Nub guesses are just that.....and unless you get a good one, you are left wondering for longer.

Emily...too bad about the bonus scan not happening. I was so excited that you could find out that your little pink bean was in there before the flight and you could dream in pink for hours!!!

Niva...how are you feeling?

Mathilde....I think it depends on when those (.)(.) have last encounted hormonal flucations! With DS2 conception, I was still nursing DS1, so I did not notice much difference, but this time around.....boobie balloons are a go!!

Bunnywabbit, TTCpink......I wish both of you good cycles. TTCpink....I hope that your MD is less of a stooge and grants you an HSG to see if something is amiss with your tubes. Doesn't hurt to check!

2lovely.............yodel a ley, you hoo!!! How are things going for you? Haven't heard much from you....how is bub treating you?
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathilde View Post
    Oh no! That would be my nightmare scenario. That or being stuck on a crowded train. How have you managed so far today? Did you make it through your meetings? x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GeCon View Post
    Morning ladies.

So I have just come back from my 1st midwife appointment. Gave her some blood and some pee, answered some questions, all done.

I then made my appointment for my 1st "official" scan, which here has to be done between the 9th and 12th week. I had the choice between today and next Monday because after that my doctor will be on holiday.

I went for next Monday, when I will be 11+4, but I was really hoping for something after the 12 week mark for nub guessing, which before 12 weeks is not reliable at all.

So do I ring tomorrow and tell them we are going away and see if maybe another doctor can do the scan in my doctor's absence after 12 weeks or do I keep the 11+4 appointment?
    Would waiting until near the appointment and 'ringing in sick' and rebooking work? I think I'd be tempted to do that...

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladybugs: I heard different about the 12 weeks.. If your right I have to wait even longer.. Meetings were torture... I hope I never ever ever have to go through a day like that again.. Ds2's 6th birthday today, had forgotten I had invited motherinlaw, ready to crash on sofa when I came in the door, but then I heard her voice.. Hello! And then I had to pull myself together and continue performing...

Page 89 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast