Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boymama View Post
    Hi Emily - don't belong here but saw your post. We live in Zambia, but are Australian. I flew back at 36 weeks to the day, with my 17 month old son, by myself. It was without a doubt a terrible 24 hour and three flight ordeal, but I made it and didn't give birth with an air hostess attending!

If you are going alone, you will be absolutely fine. Make sure you try and move around a bit to keep the blood flowing. It is an uncomfortable time, but you will be fine on the flight! Good luck!
    No, unfortunately I won't be on my own! i will be with a very active 2.5 yr old boy so I don't think moving around will be an issue. I am a bit concerened about tummy room when the seats in front recline. Asian airlines tend to be a bit mean on room. Did you have any trouble with your bump?

Giving birth on the plane would probably be better than doing it here anyway
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't have any problem with my bump, but they put me in a row that has the bassinets so there was more leg room. This was to console me (I was borderline hysterical), as I had booked a business class seat on points. When I arrived to check in, business class was full so they didn't honour my upgrade, and economy was also full so my DS didn't have his own seat. So I had a 14 hour flight with my enormous belly and him on my lap. The stuff of nightmares. Still, as I said before, we survived. Your son will have his own seat, and just call ahead in advance and request on of the seats with extra room.

Flying while pregnant is not fun, but it is doable and you will be fine. Make sure there is someone to meet you at the other end and take up anyone and everyone's offers to help.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meeks....I would not worry a second about the doubters...I have them here too, but that might be because of my story, at which point I refer them that 2 times at my local and 2 times at the very specialized high risk hospital, I have heard girl. Enjoy the shopping, I have yet to really go and buy so much, I have selected items I really like and plan on using some of my gender neutral stuff for one last go as well.

Emily...I am thrilled to read of your newest update....that is going to be such a small time away from your big boy and such a safer option. Makes me happy for you!!!!!!!

Niva....so what pattern are you tackling next? As for that matter, Dream.....how are your cute little outfits coming along for your sweet boy?

Happypixi...just saying hi to you as well!!

Gecon...I spotted your buys for your new little boy....retail therapy for my DS2 was a great way to move forward and seeing some of the clothes I pick for him now brings me back to his baby days

AFM.....I am riding the high of a potential VBAC....my hospital here is way cleaner (think staph infection incidence) better food and best of all....my MD who has been with me through all of my baby loss and baby making days!!! My GGT was stellar and no 3 hour test for me....and another bonus, BP is beautiful. My only concerns right now are just getting through another month of work with how crazy DS1 has been at school and how grumpy DH is at home...but I will manage.
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had the worst day today. Full day at work then picked up family, got a phone all from my girlfriend in UAE, she wants me to put down her dog, living with her mum while they live abroad, he's bitten a friend of theirs.. Booked an appointment with my friend the vet, drove there, got stuck in massive traffic jams both there and back, had to wait an hour for the appointment with this poor dog, went through with it, home, picked up DH and the boys for this weeks food shopping and now home at 2130!! Baby fine, very quiet past couple of days, must be growing..
    Mathilde

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mathilde - Yeah, that sounds terrible! Poor you! Hope you're able to recover with a little rest tomorrow! Glad to hear baby is well.

Ladybugs - YAY for the VBAC! I'm trying to remember...were DS1 & DS2 both C's? Or just DS2? Seems like you're well...so glad to hear!

Emily - So glad you can wait to fly back! I think boymama's advice is good...just to ensure you don't end up with your DS on your lap! Ugh! I will be flying at Christmas (32 weeks) to see my family across the country (only a 3 hr flight, though). I usually have baby duty when our kids are under 2 (we don't have to pay for a seat if they are under 2, so to save money, we don't)...but I think this time I may have to convice DH that it's gonna have to be HIS job for once.

Meeks - Yes, you have a little girl in there! I think I would be able to spot a girl a mile away, since I have seen boy FOUR times...lol! Anyway, I can understand your doubts, but really, no need at all!

Everyone else - Hi!

AFM - Had my big ultrasound yesterday, and he is still a HE! I truly wasn't expecting anything else, so felt completely fine about it. I had actually been a little worried that something was wrong, because I have been feeling so little movement (anterior placenta). SO, I was so happy that everything looked great, I really didn't care about gender. I was also glad that it was clear and not ambiguous...that would have been WAY worse! Got him some baby bedding in the afternoon at a gigantic consignment sale in our town, that only happens twice a year. I had never gone to one, but a friend told me I could in without paying the entrance fee and go early since I am pregnant. I was a part-time teacher, but quit my job at the end of the school year (too stressful with the kids)...so we are trying to cut back in little ways. Thought I would give the consignment sale a try...OMG, it was AWESOME!! There was tons of bedding, and I found a very cute set that looked brand new...$14 included a bumper, crib skirt, toddler pillow sham, and 3 crib sheets. Also picked up some cute maternity clothes for CHEAP, as well as some books and games for the boys for Christmas. Anyway, getting baby's bedding has helped me already start planning who's going to be in which room and how the furniture will be arranged, etc. Need to start getting serious about a name, too. Of course, that's a joint discussion with DH, so I guess we'll get around to it when we can, lol. But SO happy DS4 is healthy and I'm starting to "settle in" with this baby. I am blessed!
    Last edited by myrainbowgirl; September 26th, 2013 at 11:53 PM.
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myrainbowgirl.....DS1 was a nice straightforward delivery....and DS2 was gearing up to be just that, right up to 10 cm dilated!! Lol, he was presenting as footling breech, so I ended up with a section in the hour. I am feeling much better in that I most likely going to have a VBAC, which would make the next while after that much easier for everyone. WTG on the wonderful bedding....I know how a few purchases can make your day!!!!

Mathilde...I wish I could make your day better..sounds like a tough one. (((hugs)))
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mathilde that day sounds horrible, I'm so sorry! I have had a horrible week apart from my one scan so I can sympathise. Exhausted now and off to bed, thanks for all your comments and updates ladies I'm reading them but no time to reply properly at the moment. Xxx
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladybugs - so glad you got the ok for a VBAC! It sounds like you should be relatively low-risk, so that's awesome. At the very least you get to have a trial of labor so things have a chance to go smoothly. Yay!

Mathilde - hope you had better days since that awful one. You are a very good friend to do that kind of favor for her; I don't know if I'd have it in me. How are you feeling, pregnancy-wise?

Emily - glad you can take your youngest son with you, and only spend 6 short weeks away from DS1 and DH. It will go by so quickly, I am sure. If your flight is not fully booked, you can often swap seats once you're in the air to get a whole row to yourself and DS2... People often take pity on moms traveling alone (or else they would rather sit farther from the noise, lol)! I don't think your bump should be a problem even in cramped quarters since they have to have at least enough room for your knees, and even a full-term belly doesn't go past your knees.

Meeks, get some rest, girl! Hope your weekend was more relaxing than your week!

Rainbow - what a relief that everything is perfect with your new DS! And there's nothing like the rush of finding really great consignment stuff! Wish we had that kind of sale in my area.

Charlee - how are you doing? Have you had another appt yet to check on your dilation? Every week that ticks by means a healthier baby, so keep hanging in there!

Everyone else -- hi! How are you all doing?

AFM - I have one pretty good consignment shop nearby, but haven't been there since finding out gender. They have so many really cute girl things, going there will be the biggest test of how I'm truly handing my GD. But I did get my first item for DS2, a fun dragon onesie and matching socks. I had to go buy a baby boy gift for one of DH's coworkers, and came home with two outfits because they were so cute! I'm feeling more excited about finding boy things I like this time around.

I've been a little worried about the amount of BH contrax I've been getting this time around as compared to last time, and I've also been getting those weird sharp cervix twinges (sometimes called "lightning groin") already, at only 21.5 weeks. I don't think that started until the third trimester at the earliest with DS1. I know it's probably just baby's movements, but I'm considering checking in with my mw just to set my mind at ease. Of course I googled it and came up with things like early dilation/effacement and symptomless UTIs... and in the back of my mind I'm also a little worried about my low-lying placenta. Hope they take pity on me and give me a scan to put my mind at ease.
    DS is nearly 3 yo. Swayed for a , but we are absolutely delighted to be welcoming a , sweet little brother for DS.
    Jan: started LE diet. Feb & March: BFNs. Chemical in April.
    May: Appendicitis at 9dpo; hospital blood test was BFN.
    Absolutely shocked by a BFP after I got home from the appendectomy. Luckily, the pregnancy was not affected in any way by this early experience. He's a healthy, robust little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Niva View Post
    Ladybugs - so glad you got the ok for a VBAC! It sounds like you should be relatively low-risk, so that's awesome. At the very least you get to have a trial of labor so things have a chance to go smoothly. Yay!

Mathilde - hope you had better days since that awful one. You are a very good friend to do that kind of favor for her; I don't know if I'd have it in me. How are you feeling, pregnancy-wise?

Emily - glad you can take your youngest son with you, and only spend 6 short weeks away from DS1 and DH. It will go by so quickly, I am sure. If your flight is not fully booked, you can often swap seats once you're in the air to get a whole row to yourself and DS2... People often take pity on moms traveling alone (or else they would rather sit farther from the noise, lol)! I don't think your bump should be a problem even in cramped quarters since they have to have at least enough room for your knees, and even a full-term belly doesn't go past your knees.

Meeks, get some rest, girl! Hope your weekend was more relaxing than your week!

Rainbow - what a relief that everything is perfect with your new DS! And there's nothing like the rush of finding really great consignment stuff! Wish we had that kind of sale in my area.

Charlee - how are you doing? Have you had another appt yet to check on your dilation? Every week that ticks by means a healthier baby, so keep hanging in there!

Everyone else -- hi! How are you all doing?

AFM - I have one pretty good consignment shop nearby, but haven't been there since finding out gender. They have so many really cute girl things, going there will be the biggest test of how I'm truly handing my GD. But I did get my first item for DS2, a fun dragon onesie and matching socks. I had to go buy a baby boy gift for one of DH's coworkers, and came home with two outfits because they were so cute! I'm feeling more excited about finding boy things I like this time around.

I've been a little worried about the amount of BH contrax I've been getting this time around as compared to last time, and I've also been getting those weird sharp cervix twinges (sometimes called "lightning groin") already, at only 21.5 weeks. I don't think that started until the third trimester at the earliest with DS1. I know it's probably just baby's movements, but I'm considering checking in with my mw just to set my mind at ease. Of course I googled it and came up with things like early dilation/effacement and symptomless UTIs... and in the back of my mind I'm also a little worried about my low-lying placenta. Hope they take pity on me and give me a scan to put my mind at ease.
    Thanks Niva, actually it looks like 12 - 16 days away from DS1 which is so much better than we thought originally.

Enjoy the shopping - when i found out I was having Ds2 we decided to spend more on DS1's clothes as they would be worn again so double shopping joy.

I have been getting weird feelings in my cervix too but am pretty sure it is my imagination. If i have any cervical thinning my doc won't be able to clear me to fly as late as 36 weeks so am inventing symptoms. Hormonal and now a hypochrondriac excellent!
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies It's been quiet in here! How is everyone coming along?

Niva- I thought I was in full blown labor yesterday! It started with period like cramping which progressed into contractions. Dh wanted to rush to L&D but I told him "NO WAIT!" because I know if I show up there with that many contractions my Dr will order full bed rest, or even worse hospital bed rest! Yuck! So I layed down and drank some water and the contractions disappeared mostly. They must have done something though because I lost more of my mucus plug this morning ... eekkk! LOL I must stay down today...

Emily - You are not a hypochondriac! LOL... I'm sure you are starting to experience those things, its part of late pregnancy! As long as you aren't diliating or effacing you should be okay

How are you doing Niva? How is everyone else?
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast