Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I hope it clears up quickly beau!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have antibiotics for 10 days but they are giving baby diahorrea feeling better myself but guilty for her..
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well... So much for staying off here. DH & I are now talking HT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's HT primal?

I still come on here every now and again too. My baby girl is 4 months abd weighs almost 18 pounds. She's a chunky monkey but is also taller than 98%of other babies her age. (Thank goodness! ).
    How is everyone else!?
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi tech Robin. Probably through Thailand, U.S. is way out of our league.

6. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good for you primal. We are considering a fourth but not conceiving until next year. I am going to go see that pshycic that I saw before that predicted my girl, to see what she thinks. Not putting all my eggs in that basket but we are on the fence about one more. 3 kids is great but I still feel like I could go one more!
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

8. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Primal is Thailand much cheaper? What is their success rate? I cried putting my maternity clothes away.. so not done
    Last edited by Babybeaublue; July 17th, 2015 at 05:03 PM.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

10. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you in Australia BabyBeau? If so check out this

Gender Selection & Family Balancing /// Global Health Travel

All up would cost around $20,000AU including flights and accommodation. I contacted SART directly & they were very nice, it's actually cheaper going through a package deal than organizing it yourself. For the gender the success rate is 99.9%. Actual conception is about 52% but as they said that includes couples with fertility issues, for fertile people it is much higher. Also, to store embryos I case the first attempt is not successful is ridiculously cheap - less than $100 AU a year.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wrote a big long reply & it bloody disappeared

Are you in Australia BabyBeau? If so have a look at this link.

I've been in touch with SAART directly & it's actually cheaper to do it through the package than organizing it yourself.

All up around $20,000Au including airfares and accommodation. Any extra embryos can be frozen & stored for less than $100Au per year.

Success rates are 99.9% for gender and around 52% for conception but that includes people going for fertility treatment also, they said fertile people have much higher success with conception.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the THIRD attempt at trying to reply to you BabyBeau. Bloody Tapatalk! I'm now on my computer. OK...

Are you in Australia? Because that's where I am so obviously I'm talking Australian dollars here. If you're in AU, have a look at this website:

I contacted SART directly and they gave me all the cost in Thai Bhart as well. It's actually cheaper to do a package deal for treatment plus accommodation through Global Health Travel than to go direct (assuming GHT's prices are up to date). GHT also offers FINANCE (!) for everything except the airfares but from Australia they're pretty inexpensive, probably around $3000 for 2 people return, possibly less if you manage to catch a sale. Including airfares the cost would be around AU$20,000. Prior to going you need to see an OBGYN here in Australia to have some blood tests done for both you & DH (for HIV, hepatitis etc etc) an up-to-date pap smear & an internal vaginal ultrasound. SART works with an IVF OBGYN in Sydney, and I'm yet to clarify if you MUST go to that OBGYN or if they are happy to collaborate with any OBGYN in Australia. Obviously there may be limitations on whether or not the OBGYNs here would themselves be happy to collaborate with SART.

Annnnyway, once you've had it all done, you can store any remaining embryos for the ridiculously low cost of about $65 a year (yes I'm serious) and to go back for more of those implanted if the first one doesn't take would be HEAPS less, probably $5000 or so (plus airfares on top, but you could save money by going alone if you wanted to, DH wouldn't need to come for a second attempt as they embryos are obviously already there). Time away would be less too as they don't need to stimulate the eggs, harvest, fertilise etc etc.

Regarding success rates - for chosen gender, the success rate is 99.9%. For actual conception it is 52% BUT this includes ALL IVF, including that done for infertility and so on. They said to me that given that we are healthy & fertile, conception would be significantly more likely for us.

Right now we are not sure what to do, with a 9 week old it's very difficult to see past the sleepless nights etc to being willing to do it all again... except that it would definitely be for a GIRL in which case that makes it much more appealing. For us, it would mean either selling our house to get a bigger one, or renovating our current house as we only have 3 bedrooms as it is. We would also need a new car. It's a LOT to spend, on top of the $20,000 we would have to fork out for the treatment, which may or may not be successful.

I've also started studying at University, I have a Bachelor of Arts already & I'm now studying for a post graduate qualification in Education so I can be a teacher. It's going well so far but I'm only doing one subject at a time & I have to go back to work next year so it is all a bit much... can I add another child to that? Not to mention we would have to do this in the next 2-3 years... can I manage a toddler AND a newborn AND 2 school aged children AND work AND study...???? Can my body handle ANOTHER caesarean??? I just don't know.
    Last edited by PrimalMamma; July 17th, 2015 at 11:24 PM.

Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast