Page 133 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1558
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't see him yet.
    I don't think he will say no but he wants me to see a genetic counselor.
    I've already had a ultrasound at 6 weeks. Will have one at 8 weeks. And probably one at 12 weeks.
    Is this too many ultrasounds? Should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyGirl View Post
    I've already had a ultrasound at 6 weeks. Will have one at 8 weeks. And probably one at 12 weeks.
    Is this too many ultrasounds? Should I be worried?

It's personal choice really. You always have the right to say no if it's not something you want. I've personally not read any studies that make me think that pregnancy ultrasound is not safe. (And I studied physics, anatomy, and physiology at university so it's in my background). But I know others feel it isn't safe, or is too much of an unknown and I respect that too. So I guess it's best to you weigh up the pros and cons and then decide.
    You probably don't need one at 8 weeks considering you've had one already. Saying all that though I had a ton of scans with DS1. I was constantly bleeding for 10 weeks quite heavily at times and I totally lost count of how many I had so I think 3 isn't hugely excessive. Especially if they are just quick
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks covered. That makes me feel a lot better.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due in March/April/May 2016

Quote Originally Posted by HealthyGirl View Post
    Hitme. If paying out of pocket yourself can you just call panaroma and have them order the test or do you need a lab order from your obgyn?

I had to download the form and have doc sign even though paying myself - but he signed no prob. The panorama forms might be different for the labs in the states though

Last edited by Hitmebabyonemoretime; October 2nd, 2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

5. Likes covered in blue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have reason to see a genetic counselor then see one but just for the test no, its a regular recommended test.
    Why so many early ultrasounds? I thought in the US only the 20+ one was recommended?
    There are different studies for and against "routine" ultrasounds and of course mall, sneak peak 3d ultrasounds. I posted a big China study the other day.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by covered in blue View Post
    It's personal choice really. You always have the right to say no if it's not something you want. I've personally not read any studies that make me think that pregnancy ultrasound is not safe. (And I studied physics, anatomy, and physiology at university so it's in my background). But I know others feel it isn't safe, or is too much of an unknown and I respect that too. So I guess it's best to you weigh up the pros and cons and then decide.
    You probably don't need one at 8 weeks considering you've had one already. Saying all that though I had a ton of scans with DS1. I was constantly bleeding for 10 weeks quite heavily at times and I totally lost count of how many I had so I think 3 isn't hugely excessive. Especially if they are just quick
    But it wouldn't only be 3 because people usually get them between 14 and 20 and later. Plus use of dopplers are ultrasounds. In 99 when I had me first was not even offered unless there was a medical reason.routine us have went up and up and have not helped out the US maternal deaths not one bit. Of course if they are medically indicated no one is questioning that. There are risks to everything and we have to weigh them but when we say personal choice its blurred by what culture/ medical doctors have ked us to believe and not question are safe.

Human Studies Condemn Ultrasound

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.c...al-ultrasound/
    Its A Girl!!

8. Dislikes Bobster disliked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a bit like the vaccines debate. It could go on forever. If you wanted maybe you could start an ultrasound thread? I'm sure you would get more responses and that would leave this one free for general pregnancy support etc.
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In Germany we get ultrasounds almost every appt (so basically once a month in the beginning) and I'm not worried at all. If you are worried you can always choose to not do any ultrasounds or only 1 or 2.
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once I see some peer reviewed studies on the subject with a clear negative correlation I could see changing my opinion but so far I've seen nothing of the sort. I think talking to your Dr. and making your own decision on the subject is the best bet.

Also in Germany we have to have a medical consultation with the Dr before having the harmony or panorama test done so as to understand exactly how the test works and help understand what the results can mean. Maybe meeting with the genetic counselor is similar?
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well you can officially see my bump now when my bladder is full and I'm lying on my back with an empty stomach. It's raised more on the right side which it was with my ds. I'm so convinced I'm carrying another ds. He was raised more on the right all the way through my pregnancy up to the labour. My bump was almost lop-sided as he sat on the right all the time. I feel a bit sad about it as I'm blaming myself for all the multiple attempts I only had one chance and I feel like I've blown it a bit. Sorry to be a downer.

13. Likes covered in blue liked this post
Page 133 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast