Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your girl pearl!

Gl healty girl. Waiting to hear the results.

Taytum i started to feel better at 15weeks. Still tired now at 21 weeks but more energy!!

Im waiting on my csection date which the hospotal will give me when im 32 weeks....

2. Thanks HealthyGirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due March/April/May 2016

Good luck healthy girl. I hope you are not waiting too long to hear your results.

Atsaukina. The 1st c-section was scary after a lot of interventions. The second was due to DS head being too big. But I was never talked out of my VBAC even though I knew he would be big. He was 9lb but a skinny 9lber his head and length were and still are in the 99percentile and there was no way that big head was fitting through my pelvis after a 36 hr drug free labour. But he was not in distress at all he just had a ring around his head from the shape of my pelvis after the birth.

Delayed cord clamping is standard for normal births here but I will check what the c-section policy is.

Baby pink3 I am done with my pink dust it is all yours. I will hopefully be trying for blue in a couple of years again.

Tiff when do you expect your date to be for. I got my date really early.
    Last edited by Pearl327; October 23rd, 2015 at 07:11 AM.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

4. Likes babypinkno3 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are lucky pearl. It really depends on the hospital availability but anywhere between 19th feb to 4th mar on a monday or Wednesday lol. I made it clear to them that i will not wait until 40 weeks. Really scared of being in labour. How many weeks would you be? What is your due date?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My due date is 5th or 6th March so I will be 39+2. I have had long early labours with my two 2-3 days of 20 min apart contractions which makes it very hard to sleep. I am hoping to avoid that this time. DD was born 1 day after due date and DS on his due date. So I usually kick off in early labour mid way through week 39.

My SIL has found out she is expecting a girl too. 3 weeks after me after having 3 boys. I am so happy for her and am imagining the 2 girls being great friends
    DD Christmas 2010

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pearl- that's great they do delayed cord clamping and let you go till 39 weeks. The standard for scheduled csecs here is earlier. They have been trying to change the shift from thinking 37 weeks is full term( full if babe decided to come on its own vs induced and might not be ready that early)
    America has a long way to go.
    Cool you have a prego buddy so close and both girls. Jealous!
    Its A Girl!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My second was an elective as he was breach. The doctor at the hospital wanted to book me at 40 weeks but luckily they only had a day available at 38 weeks.

Are you happy woth 37 weeks Atsaukina can you ask them to wait a little bit longer?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankfully I have been able to birth at home. My boys have been 10+lbs. but my body handles it just like my 8lb. Girl. I was talking about doctors trying to induce women at 37 weeks thinking that is full term when really some babes lungs and everything are ready then and some are not. My first 3 came at 41 weeks and last two around 39. I always plan to birth at home but realize I don't really have control over that choice.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the Drs need to take ethnic background into consideration. 37 weeks would be considered term for some. My dr would not induce or section before 39 weeks without medical reason. He said that to me on my 1st appointment.

They have got much more mum and baby friendly here in the past few years.

I hope you get a date that suits you tiff. Do you have short labours is that why you are scared ?
    Atsaukina it is great that you can birth at home. I would have liked to do that.
    DD Christmas 2010

11. Likes TiffSal liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't crucify me for opening this can of worms ladies but...how many of you breastfed and how many of you went straight to formula?

I just don't feel like I have this intense NEED to breastfeed my baby. I'm so worried I won't know how much he/she is getting, if they're getting enough milk, are they just using me as a pacifier? I'm so afraid it will also be ALL consuming with me - how will hubby bond with baby if I'm the ONLY one who can provide nutrients needed? I know I can pump, but will that be consuming as well? I am just so worried I'll resent the first few months of my newborn because I'll feel like I'm only needed for milk ha. Also, I'm not comfortable with just putting my child on my breast while there are people around, and I'm afraid I'll become lonely if I'm constantly leaving the room to take my baby to feed.

I know I have some time to think about it for sure, but I wanted to ask all of you vets your thoughts and opinions. Mostly, I think I'm more scared to BF than anything else about giving birth, pregnancy and motherhood combined! Haha
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I BF both my girls & will do it with this little boy as well.... I personally think it's one of the best things you can do for your baby! I don't blame you for being worried, it can seem daunting.... But if you look up the pros of breastfeeding against the pros of formula, I believe there's a clear winner..... It's your baby, your decision.... Thats why we even have boobs after all!
    (8) (4)
    Praying & swaying for a
    due March 9th 2016 with a !!!!

Thank you Atomic & Gender Dreaming!

14. Thanks TaytumJ thanked for this post
    Likes ThreeLittleStars liked this post
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast