Page 5 of 208 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2xblue I've only told my mum. We speak probably every second day and I just couldn't imagine talking to her so much without her knowing. I wont be telling anyone else until I've had the nipt and 12 week scan. Leaning more towards team green than yellow. Its my very last chance for a surprise at birth!

Gosh I could literally wish the time away to my 7 week scan! 16 days amd counting!

2. Likes Pink2016 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We haven't told anyone yet, but I'm considering telling my mom after I get my ultrasound at 6 weeks. Otherwise, we wait to announce until around 12-14 weeks. I joked with DH that maybe we don't tell anyone this time, just wait for them to notice my belly getting bigger and bigger. He didn't think that was a good idea. I'm just tired of hearing all the negative comments every time I'm pregnant. When I was pregnant with DS1 we took my MIL out to dinner to tell her (I was 7 weeks) and her response to DH was "You can't possibly be happy about that." FIL wanted us to abort. When we were pregnant with #2 it was all "This is the last one, right?" Then with #3 we were told we were stupid and when it turned out to be DD it was like "Good, you can stop now." With #4 it was back to telling us we were stupid and wanted us to abort again. Then when he was born at 30 weeks we got told-you-so and that there must be something wrong with him. I can only imagine what we'll hear with this pregnancy. They might have a point that we had too many if we were on government assistance and couldn't support ourselves, but that's far from being the case. They are the type of people to view children as a hindrance to doing whatever they want whenever they want. MIL had made the comment that she didn't know why people would willingly punish themselves with more than a kid or two. As you can imagine, I'm less than eager to want to announce this pregnancy due the rotten attitudes of my in-laws. LOL
    DH (43), DW (40)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I speak with my mom almost everyday on the phone and I really want to tell her! Maybe in two weeks time? I bet your mom was happy for you Pbn?

I love the idea of team green! I haven't ever done that and I have some serious thinking to do if I could do it this time. Would be amazing to find out at birth! Sometimes I feel like I really have to find out before but sometimes I'm really excited about the idea of getting the surprise at birth. Well there's plenty of time to think about it.
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BunnyGirl, omg your in-laws sounds horrible. How can they even say something like that. I'm really sorry you had to go through that with every pregnancy and I totally understand you don't want to tell them. Big hugs to you!
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mum made it quite clear she didn't think it was a good idea when I mentioned wanting another child. She said she was worried about my health and the fact it would be another c-section but I think she thinks we are too old. She said she was happy for me but there was no real excitement lol. But that's ok. She was visiting when both boys were born. Ds1 was an emergency c-section which I know put her through the wringer and ds2 was scheduled so I really should be more understanding of her feelings and not assume she's thinking the worse... Wow what a world of difference a scheduled cs made! I was ready to go home the second day with ds2 lol!!

Bunnygirl what an awful reaction to receive from family about such wonderful news!! I cannot believe the word 'abort' was thrown around like that!! What on earth were they thinking????? How are they with the kids now? Do they have a good nanny/poppy relationship?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, but I'm pretty used to their attitudes by now. I just wish they didn't feel the need to vocalize their displeasure about everything not directly affecting them.

I haven't decided if we're going to find out or not this time. Last time was supposed to be a surprise, but that didn't work out for us. We ended up not getting it confirmed for certain and didn't tell anyone what we thought we were having though. We are leaning toward finding out, especially since we are clueless for boy names. Our girl name is set plus one extra girl name on the list if for some reason we can't or don't use our first choice.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The relationships aren't that good. They act like they are the best grandparents ever, but my kids never live up to their expectations. They don't act and converse like adults so there is something wrong with them. It took DS1 until 4 to fully potty train so I was a lazy, terrible mother for it. FIL tells everyone there is something wrong with all the kids and that I refuse to get them help, which primarily stems from them being on the slower side with speech even though speech evaluations said they were within range for age and didn't need therapy. Nothing is ever good enough and he compares them to all these other kids who, if his stories are to be believed, would be geniuses and so far above normal development for age anyway. All these "issues" are then blamed on me ignoring the kids, never doing anything with them, not putting them in daycare (I'm a SAHM since my oldest was 2), etc. It's really just an excuse to hate on me I think. In FIL's view, the more kids we have, the more difficult and less likely it is that DH will leave me and that I'm purposely getting pregnant over and over to trap him to me. Before we even had kids FIL told DH not to or he'd be stuck with me, the golddigger. LOL! FIL insisted we have a prenup drawn up before marriage stating that I got nothing in the event of the divorce, none of DH's business or money earned in the operation of the business. We never drew up a prenup, let alone sign one. DH just let FIL think we did. In actuality, we never told anyone when we were getting married either. We just went to the county clerk's office, told only our best friends to come witness, and then announced after the fact. Yeah, my in-laws are such bundles of fun. LOL
    DH (43), DW (40)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Bunnygirl! Well good for you and dh for not letting them destroy your marriage! I can only imagine how awkard family functions would be! Makes me count my blessings that dh family are lovely people!! I hope one day your inlaws come to truly regret being such awful, mean negative people!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and remember the best revenge against mean miserable people is by showing them how happy and nice you are regardless of their attitude! I imagine it must really rub salt in their wound

11. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does! We've been together 11 years and they're still waiting for us to fail. LOL
    DH (43), DW (40)

13. Thanks jennypenny thanked for this post
    Likes Pbn3, maidentomother liked this post
Page 5 of 208 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast