Page 73 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    I would have announced around 12 weeks, but DH wouldn't let me. FIL is already having a huge fit about it and how dare we have more kids when our other kids are f'ed up and can't talk right (DS1 can't pronounce certain letter sounds so he's hard to understand; the other two are a little "slow" but still fall within the range of normal for age). Seriously, wtf?!! Who knows what else DH isn't telling me was said because I wasn't there. My stepmom is going to freak out at the announcement too. She complains because my kids all still used pacifiers at 2 and were not 100% potty trained by 2; therefore, we are shitty, lazy, incompetent parents that shouldn't have more let alone the ones we already have. Did I mention family is obnoxious? LOL

I don't care what they think one way or the other, but it upsets DH. I just can't believe some people can be so rude, asshole-ish, and judgmental.
    That's awful! My kids are similar. My youngest has a speech issue due to being born with a cyst in his brain and has a "low avg" IQ. My oldest is bordering on genius IQ but has a communication disorder (not as in speech but as in being able to express himself, his feelings, etc. adequately or understand others feelings... he's a sweet kid but he literally has zero empathy. In his world if it doesn't affect him then he doesn't understand what your issue is and if it does affect him it does so to the nth degree), behavior issues and obsessive tendencies. BOTH my kids potty trained at age 4, not because we weren't trying sooner but because they weren't ready. Literally, when they did potty train they did so over night. Diapers one day, undies the next and never looked back. So, I "get" having atypical kids, but that has nothing to do with parenting. In fact, forcing your kids to be who they aren't or do what they aren't ready to do is a recipe for a maladjusted kid in the long term. Some ppl can be so dense and think that just because they popped out a couple "neuro-typical" kids who at least seem to have grown up okay that they are the expert in parenting.

When we told my Dad and Grandma (Dad's Mom) that we were going to start trying for one more they weren't the most supportive, they were concerned that next time we'd "get one even worse off" than the 2 we have, and that we have our hands full already. TBH with all the doc appt's and needing to be SOOOO involved with their education (making sure my oldest is challenged when his knowledge base exceeds most of his peers... not braggng in any way it's just a fact. For example, in math his peers are learning long division while DS1 is sinking his teeth into pre-algebra as I tutor him at home to keep him challenged and growing. DS2 I have to be involved to make sure he isn't falling too far behind his peers) we really do have our hands full. BUT as I told them we will gladly accept whoever God chooses to send us, we are praying for a healthy baby but that may not be God's plan and we accept that and will accept the challenge if given to us. They have since come around and were a great support through our losses. My grandma doesn't have a clue about this one yet as we plan to surprise her when we visit her in May. My Dad is excited and loves getting ultrasound pics and finding out how things are going.

I am guessing it's a long shot that your nay-sayers will come around but in the end it's yours and your DH's life and nobody has to deal with your decisions but you. (((HUGS))) I am sorry you have someone bringing you down during a time that is so special!
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have announced locally... unintentionally. My in laws found out because I had a headache while over their house and asked for a Tylenol and she only had Asprin. I said I couldn't take it and they put two an two together. Then at work I have restrictions so ppl needed to know so they didn't think I was getting special treatment and everyone spoke about it freely so before I knew it so many knew that there was no point trying to keep it quiet. Non-local family however, with a few exceptions, have no idea because we can't put it on FB and we have to make sure who we tell won't say anything on there because if anyone on my Dad's side (other than my Dad, he helped me cook up the plan ) sees it my Grandma will know before we get the chance to surprise her in May.

Per my previous post, DH says I am showing. So I took a picture and he isn't wrong.... I guess *IF* it is TRUE growth, I am just growing differently this time. I hadn't even paid attention because my pants still fit but it looks like this time instead of just pushing my belly out like usual it's like everything is being pushed UP THEN out so I am bigger on top than bottom. Below my belly button my belly is pretty much the same as it was pre-preg. BUT... BIG BUT... I took the pic at night when most bloated so I am going to do it again in the AM and see if I am just bloated (which I suspect is the case given the distribution). I know it's not because I am gaining weight. In fact I've lost a good chunk of weight since I got preg... 8 pounds by my OB's scale (from week 6-week 10) and over 10 pounds by what I know my weight was pre-preg to now.
    Our family is complete

3. Likes crd5ed liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS1 is almost 5 and aside from those pronunciation issues with certain letters he's fine with speech and everything else. He was a pain to potty train because he started using it as a control issue to manipulate. Finally at 4 I just told him we were done asking and he could go if he felt like it but no more pull-ups and he was responsible for cleaning up any messes he makes and set out some towels. It took less than a day, and three accidents, and he was finally fully trained. My 3-1/2-year-old talks when he feels like it. He seems to prefer gesturing and making sound effects, but speaks full and complex sentences very well if he feels like it. It's kind of strange. He's mostly potty trained, but is lazy about it and has a lot of accidents. I'm contemplating making him clean up his accidents too in hopes that it will fix the laziness. My 2-1/2-year-old has okay speech, within range, but she talks very quietly where you aren't sure if you're hearing her correctly. She definitely doesn't say everything correctly but she's close enough. We're just starting to casually potty train her because she's showing interest, but I don't think she recognizes the urge to go yet so she's not aware until she's started going. My youngest is almost 18 months and was a 30 weeker. So far he's on target. He has a bunch of words he can say but he doesn't really talk.

We finished our announcement for tomorrow.
    image.jpg
    DH (43), DW (40)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due Sept/Oct/Nov 2016

This is about To hit Facebook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom of 1 long haired hippie child Boy, looking to add a flowerchild Girl to the fam!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was our FB reveal. Haha
    The_Reveal.jpg
    Mama to one 6 yr old and one 20 month old

Expecting a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So everyone dish on how your reveals went over!! I am dying to know!

🙏 for a healthy 🌈 🚼
    TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com
    Our family is complete

8. Likes crd5ed liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Over joyed from everyone imaginable. It's been a few hours and we have over 300 congrats haha. It's made me even more excited!!!

Mom of 1 long haired hippie child Boy, looking to add a flowerchild Girl to the fam!

10. Likes dpike00 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenk1424 View Post
    Over joyed from everyone imaginable. It's been a few hours and we have over 300 congrats haha. It's made me even more excited!!!

Yay!!

🙏 for a healthy 🌈 🚼
    TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com
    Our family is complete

12. Thanks Laurenk1424 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah everyone is excited if not pretty shocked since we still have a "baby". I'm sure I'm alone on this one since I know everyone here planned their pregnancy but since this was such a big oops it's helping to hear other people get excited even if it still doesn't feel real. Lol
    Mama to one 6 yr old and one 20 month old

Expecting a

14. Likes Laurenk1424, XXforhubby liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    21170.jpeg

We did ours today too!
    (2009) (2011) (2013)

It's another sweet

My sway- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html