Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    Anyone else retesting just to make sure you still get a positive? My first BFP was in the evening so I tested next morning just to be sure, but I am having trouble convincing myself not to test again or at least wait a few days. I think I still can't believe it is positive or that it will stick. Technically I haven't even missed my regular period yet based off my normal 35 day cycle but because I O'd early my cycle wouldn't have been that long this time (probably would have been 30-31 days if not positive). I got my first bfp on cd27, which at best guess was 11dpo and I am on cd30 today or 14dpo.
    Yaaaaasss I am still testing with my cheapies and the line is getting darker

That's awesome that you got your BFP so early, it will stick. All of them gotta stick, it's Halloween month, so there's magic in the air

2. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Blckheart ! Hope you get your lil girl.

All*Blue*Everything Please update us all tomorrow, best wishes and hope you get to see your lil bean nice and clearly

Infoforthree I am bypassing the Midwife this time which sucks as I really liked her (had an ectopic last time, but met the Midwife, she was so nice)

4. Likes Blckhrt, All*blue*everything liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bre_cooper11 View Post
    My due date should be the 22nd, too! Congrats on baby #1!!
    Yeah Bre! Inforthree is the 22nd too. How fun to share that date with both of you!
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

6. Likes Inforthree liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by All*blue*everything View Post
    So ladies I have an early scan tomorrow afternoon! Im so nervous!!! Praying everything looks ok x

Sent from mTalk
    How exciting! How far along are you? It is interesting how it is different in every country and probably even doctor by doctor. Mine will do first scan after 8 weeks, but I am going in for a pregnancy confirmation and blood work at 5w5d to check some levels.

8. Likes All*blue*everything liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    How exciting! How far along are you? It is interesting how it is different in every country and probably even doctor by doctor. Mine will do first scan after 8 weeks, but I am going in for a pregnancy confirmation and blood work at 5w5d to check some levels.
    Im roughly 7wks today im paying for a private ultrasound. Routine hospital scans are between 12-14 wks..its been 4 years since I was last pregnant so things may have changed!

Sent from mTalk
    :

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bre_cooper11 View Post
    That's so exciting!!! I won't get a scan until 12-13weeks!
    I see we are both expecting baby number 5! X

Sent from mTalk
    :

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Blckheart. Those test are much darker than the first two you posted. I think you should feel really good about that. I am happy we are on this journey together!

I literally know nothing about midwives or how to use them or if I should use one. Hubby has already said no home birth, but I think I am okay with that. If you do midwife do you not go to your OBGYN? I am in the USA so I am not sure if it is different in different countries.

So happy to hear others kept testing too. I used a clear blue this morning and it was a very dark positive within less than a minute which made me feel a lot better. My doc doesn't do first real visits till after 8 weeks but he did want me to come in before that for confirmation and blood work since I was supposed to be on progesterone after O, but since I never knew when I Oed I didn't start it. I am still on the Metformin and I think I stay on that for the first trimester. Now that this mornings clear blue was such a great positive I am going to tell hubby tonight...I know, I know...amazing that I haven't told him yet but I just needed to be sure and I planned a cute little something for him and work schedules didn't allow me time to do it until tonight.

12. Likes Blckhrt liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I'm so excited for us too!

I'm the U.S. My midwife group is independent but is associated to an OB group at the same hospital, so in extreme cases patients can be moved there if need be.

Everyone is different but I personally would never do a first birth at home. There are way too many unknowns. Midwife + hospital was the perfect combo for me. I labored naturally (back labor, at that!) for 40 friggin hours and was still at just 5cm. (Shudder.) So I literally HAD to have an epi+pitocin because my endurance was shot. That combo worked within hours so by the time I was 10cm at 47 hours in, the epic had worn off. Pushed a little under an hour and there he was!
    If I hadn't been with midwives, I'm sure they would've sectioned me at 24 hours (since my labor started with my water breaking), when I was barely 2-3cm.
    So as excruciating as it was, I am ever thankful I was able to give birth vaginally!

I won't have my first midwife visit till closer to 10 weeks, but I'm hoping to get in with my GP next week for a blood draw to test hcg and progesterone.

14. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blckhrt View Post

Everyone is different but I personally would never do a first birth at home. There are way too many unknowns. Midwife + hospital was the perfect combo for me. I labored naturally (back labor, at that!) for 40 friggin hours and was still at just 5cm. (Shudder.) So I literally HAD to have an epi+pitocin because my endurance was shot. That combo worked within hours so by the time I was 10cm at 47 hours in, the epic had worn off. Pushed a little under an hour and there he was!
    If I hadn't been with midwives, I'm sure they would've sectioned me at 24 hours (since my labor started with my water breaking), when I was barely 2-3cm.
    So as excruciating as it was, I am ever thankful I was able to give birth vaginally!

I won't have my first midwife visit till closer to 10 weeks, but I'm hoping to get in with my GP next week for a blood draw to test hcg and progesterone.
    Woah that sounds super intense.
    You're a trooper for getting through that pain with the worn off eli.

Always figured I would give birth under a tree (joking, but real natural ya know!), and now I've been told if I make it to the finish line, baby will be delivered my c-section, and early.
    Kind of glad they found about this before I tried to have some super natural birth at home.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Luckily when the epi wore off there was only one hour left...it was the 40 hours BEFORE the epi that nearly killed me, lol! I'm just really, really hoping it's true that second labors are far shorter!

Oh wow! We'll you're right, it is definitely much better to know well in advance that that's how your birth will need to be. And planned C-sections are far safer and smoother than emergency ones!

17. Likes MrsSparkles liked this post
Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast