Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    I do tend to have that girlie. We have the thyroid in common so maybe its related to that. Ive only had it with DD2 and DD4...so i dont have it every pregnancy either.

I think you will have lots of grandaughters girlie just like i will have lots of grandsons
    I never thought of that, it's a good point. I had an underactive thyroid with both previous boy pregnancies but it was better regulated, so could be a good explanation! X

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    Hey Girlie

I want to offer you my support. I totally relate to your feelings and i think you are very brave for saying how you feel. I know your jealousy stems from a good place, if that makes sense at all. You dont wish bad on anyone, but rather you feel hard done by - 'how life works out for everyone else' type of feeling. A perfect example, my BFF just had her 3rd child, a girl, after two boys - she didnt mind the gender at all, she just always wanted 3 children. I mean, how lucky for her? - that made me jealous because its ALL i want and she got it without even giving it a thought. I love her and her children to the ends of this earth and it doesn't make me a bad person for feeling how i felt. We are the best of friends and i cuddle her daughter as much as i can (AND she took vitamins, had sex two days in a row, ran twice a week for 30 minutes, 3 meals a day with after noon biscuits and tea, didnt drink alcohol and only drinks tea!) I consider her to be incredibly fortunate that she barely adjusted her lifestyle and still managed a girl.
    I found no peace in what anyone told me really with DS2.. i just had to come to terms with it on my own. Talking about it helps though hun and this is the place for that! Wishing you all the best regardless xx

On a side note - I wish i could still be part of this group. I never did find out the gender of this one i lost. Im still bleeding unfortunately, going on since 26th October. Im going for a scan on Thursday. Wish me luck
    Thanks squigglepink, lovely that you took the time to comment. It is such an odd situation to be in but am glad others understand. Am not that brave, no one apart from dh in real life knows I swayed or the level of my gender disappointment. When I told my mum we were pregnant with this one, she asked me what I was hoping for? What the actual heck, I said a girl and she do you not think a boy would be easier? My boys are very easy laid back guy's, dd is first child and very intense, so even my own mum did not have a clue. I am sure I have a few friends that have gender disappointment but we have never spoke about it, it's sad really. So am open on here as I feel we have all come here with a belief that something else is important other than just having a healthy baby.

Am so jealous of people who don't care what they have, like your friend, I want to be were she is at, my dh is like that!

Sorry to hear that your still bleeding, hoping that it stops soon. Are you going to ttc again? keep us posted, thanks again for your post x o

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I had some bleeding, went to the hospital, explained about the reduced movement and now bleeding, they seemed unconcerned but saw me anyway. They did not offer me a scan but said they would let me hear the heart beat with the doppler and then I could be on my way, that is how the midwife put it. Anyway, she tried and tried to find the heart beat but could not, I said to her you cannot find it and she avoided eye contact and said you need to be scanned by a consultant. She left us in the room for ages, the consultant was with someone else. He scanned us and right away baby on screen heart beating away, he said thank God. I think they were quite concerned. I have an enlarged blood vessel, which is causing the bleeding.

On a side note am glad I know the gender, the consultant did not look but I saw nothing between the legs, so at 18 weeks if I did not know I would be starting to get excited, my big scan is not until January x o

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that sounds like a very scary experience Girlie He must have been in an awkward position so the doppler didn't work. Did you have an anterior placenta? I'm very happy to hear he is all ok, hopefully the blood vessel doesn't cause too many issues.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    So I had some bleeding, went to the hospital, explained about the reduced movement and now bleeding, they seemed unconcerned but saw me anyway. They did not offer me a scan but said they would let me hear the heart beat with the doppler and then I could be on my way, that is how the midwife put it. Anyway, she tried and tried to find the heart beat but could not, I said to her you cannot find it and she avoided eye contact and said you need to be scanned by a consultant. She left us in the room for ages, the consultant was with someone else. He scanned us and right away baby on screen heart beating away, he said thank God. I think they were quite concerned. I have an enlarged blood vessel, which is causing the bleeding.

On a side note am glad I know the gender, the consultant did not look but I saw nothing between the legs, so at 18 weeks if I did not know I would be starting to get excited, my big scan is not until January x o
    Thank God alright, they would have been in deep poo poo if something was wrong and you had raised concerns days ago! Glad your little boy is ok in there Girlie x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im glad baby is okay girlie. And glad they scanned you.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad your baby is ok, Girlie.

My FB friend who is pregnant with her third baby and has two boys...

She announced and she's having a third boy. I have to say. I actually felt bad for her watching her video and the look on her face when she saw the blue ballons coming out of the box. I think she really wanted a girl.

I said I wanted her to have a boy so I wouldn't be jealous, but now I just feel extra awful.

I personally couldn't handle THREE boys. Haha.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww sorry your friend didn't get a girl. I know there was no way I would have risked doing a video with a gender reveal like that for this one as if it was boy I wouldn't have been able to compose myself at all. I cried at the ultrasound place when I found out DS2 was a boy.

Don't feel bad Lissa, I think I was jealous of anyone who got a girl for a while when I was pregnant with DS2. Although mostly it was those who had boy then girl but now I think they are missing out as having two boys is very special.

9. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ... duplicate post ...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    Thanks squigglepink, lovely that you took the time to comment. It is such an odd situation to be in but am glad others understand. Am not that brave, no one apart from dh in real life knows I swayed or the level of my gender disappointment. When I told my mum we were pregnant with this one, she asked me what I was hoping for? What the actual heck, I said a girl and she do you not think a boy would be easier? My boys are very easy laid back guy's, dd is first child and very intense, so even my own mum did not have a clue. I am sure I have a few friends that have gender disappointment but we have never spoke about it, it's sad really. So am open on here as I feel we have all come here with a belief that something else is important other than just having a healthy baby.

Am so jealous of people who don't care what they have, like your friend, I want to be were she is at, my dh is like that!

Sorry to hear that your still bleeding, hoping that it stops soon. Are you going to ttc again? keep us posted, thanks again for your post x o
    Pleasure and Thank you! I want to ttc asap. Just need to stop bleeding! Sigh...

My brothers wife, (they have a pigeon pair), said she would love a 3rd, but would prefer a girl. She has a very hard time with her son. This is just how life is, we have preferences, dreams and desires and although we cannot choose what we want, naturally, we come here, to sway, to try. That's the best we can do - especially if one cannot afford HT. I know i will have GD with a 3rd boy, because i had it with a 2nd boy. Even though my two are basically inseparable now - this picture wasn't clear to me then. And annoyingly, my DH is also ok with another boy. Wish i had that attitude.
    I really hope that by my recent loss, i can just appreciate carrying a healthy baby full term. (if i ever stop bleeding )

Equally happy to hear you were scanned and all is ok with baby. Sending you only positive vibes and hugs for what you are going through xx
    Last edited by squigglepink; December 15th, 2016 at 06:02 AM.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast