Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    So I had some bleeding, went to the hospital, explained about the reduced movement and now bleeding, they seemed unconcerned but saw me anyway. They did not offer me a scan but said they would let me hear the heart beat with the doppler and then I could be on my way, that is how the midwife put it. Anyway, she tried and tried to find the heart beat but could not, I said to her you cannot find it and she avoided eye contact and said you need to be scanned by a consultant. She left us in the room for ages, the consultant was with someone else. He scanned us and right away baby on screen heart beating away, he said thank God. I think they were quite concerned. I have an enlarged blood vessel, which is causing the bleeding.

On a side note am glad I know the gender, the consultant did not look but I saw nothing between the legs, so at 18 weeks if I did not know I would be starting to get excited, my big scan is not until January x o
    I'm so glad everything turned out okay!!!! How scary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - 2010, - 2014, TTC 2016

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm feeling baby move around every day. I'm definitely not as worried about losing him anymore.

I'm finally experiencing denial. I skipped that in my grieving process and I am making up for it now.

I keep thinking that the U/S is wrong and it might still be a girl. I did see what I thought was a penis, but I saw no scrotum!!! I saw DS1's Frank and beans as clear as day and I had the U/S at the exact same point in the pregnancy.

I saw that a girl's clitoris and labia can still be swollen and look like a penis at 15/16 weeks.

I believed it was a boy right away because I had a feeling and because of my crappy sway...

Ugh. My anatomy scan isn't until Jan 6th...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

3. Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    awe lissa. I think alot of us go through the denial phase. i really and truly did. Granted mine was even worse because i had genetic testing that said girl that i was in denial about. thinking maybe they just missed the Y by some chance. I would still prepare to hear boy. I dont know about the clinic you went to for your ultrasound but normally they wont guess or they keep looking until they are sure...Some boys dont really have a 'bulbous' ball sack at 16 weeks from what ive seen...obvious penis not always obvious balls..and this boy may be very obvious at 20 weeks where he wasnt at 16... If you had any pictures from the scan we could guess on them though while you wait and pass the time
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

5. Likes Pink2016, Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissastick View Post
    I'm feeling baby move around every day. I'm definitely not as worried about losing him anymore.

I'm finally experiencing denial. I skipped that in my grieving process and I am making up for it now.

I keep thinking that the U/S is wrong and it might still be a girl. I did see what I thought was a penis, but I saw no scrotum!!! I saw DS1's Frank and beans as clear as day and I had the U/S at the exact same point in the pregnancy.

I saw that a girl's clitoris and labia can still be swollen and look like a penis at 15/16 weeks.

I believed it was a boy right away because I had a feeling and because of my crappy sway...

Ugh. My anatomy scan isn't until Jan 6th...

I definitely went through this I spent hours on the Internet trying to establish if the harmony test has ever been wrong, I found little to indicate that. I kept thinking maybe they have mixed my results up with someone else. I think it is all part of the process, I do think that people predicting gender from u/ s can get it wrong, I was told ds1 was a girl at 20 weeks and two of my friends were told the wrong gender, one was told girl and then at 36 weeks boy, he is still in a pink nursery because she could be bothered to re paint! The other found out at birth, she was told boy but had a girl. This pregnancy am glad I know it's a boy as I have had a few scans now and have saw nothing to indicate he is a boy, so if I did not know, I would be really thinking I had got my girl! x

7. Likes Pink2016, Burakoam, Lissastick liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    awe lissa. I think alot of us go through the denial phase. i really and truly did. Granted mine was even worse because i had genetic testing that said girl that i was in denial about. thinking maybe they just missed the Y by some chance. I would still prepare to hear boy. I dont know about the clinic you went to for your ultrasound but normally they wont guess or they keep looking until they are sure...Some boys dont really have a 'bulbous' ball sack at 16 weeks from what ive seen...obvious penis not always obvious balls..and this boy may be very obvious at 20 weeks where he wasnt at 16... If you had any pictures from the scan we could guess on them though while you wait and pass the time
    It was an elective ultrasound. The baby wasn't cooperating AT ALL, and the woman did not get a pic of the thing I thought looked like a penis. I was just ready to accept it, but, my husband is also in denial. He's not bonding with this baby like he did with our first son. I am pretty sure he's got GD and he's in the denial stage still thinking the U/S was wrong. I have been telling him it couldn't be wrong, but now I'm wondering.

I'm already used to the idea of another boy, so honestly, it would do my head in if they told me girl at 20 weeks. I wouldn't believe that either. Hahahah!

DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes they do get it wrong and mistake part of the cord for a penis. With DS2s scan at 16wks I was very confident that he was a boy and did not have it checked again. I would still assume you are having a boy but get it confirmed at 20wks. It is normal not to believe the ultrasound either way as I still worry my two scans were wrong!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

10. Likes Burakoam, Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we will see lissa! i would hope she wouldnt have guessed if she wasnt sure but not all elective ultrasound techs are as awesome as the one i have seen for all 4 of my pregnancies...she actually will have you come back for another ultrasound for free unless she is 100% certain and baby shows 100% positively wether it is a boy or girl..mine have always been quite obvious fortunately or unfortunately lol not over until the lady sings at your 20 week scan...i would still prepare to hear boy again just in case.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

12. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Lissa that really sux, you had the elective scan to find out gender and they didnt even give you an image?

My hubby is still in denial, ive had 4 scans now and told girl at each one, hubby hasnt come to any of them though so still thinks she may come out a he.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    Oh Lissa that really sux, you had the elective scan to find out gender and they didnt even give you an image?

My hubby is still in denial, ive had 4 scans now and told girl at each one, hubby hasnt come to any of them though so still thinks she may come out a he.
    I said I'd swap you lol!!!

So hot here need to soak my feet in an ice bath. Starting to feel Bub move more and more now which is nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Cinss liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my midwife appointment today. Everything is ok except for low iron. My hemoglobin was good but the feritin was low, I only had that tested because I had a dizzy episode at work about 2 weeks ago.

Officially in the 3rd trimester this week!

How is everyone going getting prepared for their new arrivals? I still have to get the nursery painted and set up, although she will be sleeping in our room for at least 6 months but it is nice to have set up for clothes and probably day sleeps. I'm hoping my dad will be able to paint for us since DH won't have enough time off work.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast