Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bluebooties i had bad acid with my last baby and she was born with lots of hair it was also pointed out on my scan with her at 37 weeks, the tech said look at all that white shadow around the skull..thats hair!! i will be really interested to see if this baby is a hairy one too because the acid this time has been even worse, i love fuzzy baby hair

your maternity and sick leave are awful its like you are punished for having a baby or being too ill to work which is madness and really really unfair, i am even more shocked because you work in the medical field, surely your *big bosses* must understand the need for time off work for a new baby or an illness.
    oh no i coudnt imagine having to attempt chest compression's while heavily pregnant!! :-/ fingers crossed that situation doesnt arise!!
    now 6blue5pink

2. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ash that pain sounds horrid that makes sense about wanting her to stay put till xmas is out the way if she will more than likely need the lights, fingers crossed she cooperates!! how soon after your last shot did you have your others?
    now 6blue5pink

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4blue2pink my turning in bed hasn't been too bad (was awful with ds2) but I've had a couple occasions of 'clunks' when rolling, like it feels (and sounds) like a dislocation popping into place I've spent a few nights in the recliner due to reflux or bad legs/feet (last night was a combo of both plus the feeling of not being able to breathe ) should've gone out earlier as I only got maybe 5 hours sleep all of which was once I was comfortable in the recliner.

Bluebooties I sure hope that scenario doesn't play out with you being the only one around go do chest compressions!!! I agree too that your maternity leave conditions are absolute poo

Ash I hope you get through xmas before Esme makes her arrival! My mum thinks my bub may very well come early but my brain refuses to entertain the idea I have my most ideal delivery date and I cant even think of it changing I'm telling myself to get my hospital bag ready for just in case but just don't do it because maybe that would be inviting it too happen None of my boys were early so I think I'm pretty safe....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pbn the clunk noise is grim isnt it, your right it does sound and feel like a dislocation popping back in!! i get that every time i try to turn over along with crunching and cracking sounds :-/ recliner sounds good!! wish we had one, im sleeping propped up on pillows every night thanks to the acid but even then sleep isnt great, suppose its getting me ready for when im up in the night with baby
    now 6blue5pink

7. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have never got through my first pregnancy without my recliner!! I had this weird upper back pain that kicked in about 14 weeks. I could not sleep laying down in any position. I would wake in awful pain like a burning, tightening vice type feeling all across my upper to middle back. I tried propping up with pillows, cushions etc and no go. I started sleeping upright on the lounge with my legs down the chaise. I was working full time and can remember being in tears so many nights because I couldn't sleep the idea of a recliner popped in my head and then was the mission of finding one with a high enough back that was being sold separately. Finally found one at the back of a store in a odds/ends type section and oh my it was bliss so I spent the next 6 months sleeping in a recliner hated it by the end and was soooooo happy with ds2 I had no issues sleeping in bed at all!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4b2p - I’m having the same pain in bed when I turn. What is it? It’s like it’s between my lady parts and my tailbone.
    Pbn - I hope you have whichever gender you want, but I will say that I don’t have the line yet either and did with my first 2 girls. What day are you trying to schedule as your ideal day?! I’m hoping for 2/8, but I’ll be 39+5 so I’m a tad nervous I won’t make it. But, the only time I’ve gone in labor I was 40 weeks with my first. Hoping this works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy Monday!

Ash – definitely try to prolong your “vacation” until you’ve past the 37-w mark, the longer you can cook this lovely bun, the better and if you must resume things with hubs, do use a condom, eh? The contact with the cervix could be enough to trigger labour but less than if you also have contact with semen :P
    For my 1st I had those same pains in my upper right quadrant, along with swelling on one leg/foot – and they worried at first it was pre-eclampsia but my protein and BP were ok – so they put it down to baby pushing into that corner and acid!

Bluebooties – like PBN will just say, what a sh*t system the whole “you can have mat leave OR normal leave once only in a 12-m period” is just BS, I wish it was different – don’t you have savings so you could take some days of leave without pay possibly or is that not an option from your employer’s perspective? (I mean how do you do when you have sick kids, can’t you take days off, even without pay?) I hope that when you are on your days off you do get to put your feet up even just a little and rest up. Hope your shifts go as smoothly and easily as they possibly can for you!
    Oh a hairy baby – so cute! He/she will be adorbs My eldest had some dark hair at birth but then it thinned out and they only started looking girly at around 1 – and hated bows and co booohoohoo – so hope this one retains some locks (I should have a scan at 34 weeks so we should see if she is bald or is graced with a bit of hair haha).

4b2p - acid reflux/nausea can be felt concurrently – the reflux can cause that nausea so it’s likely that!! (when I was about 15-16 weeks, I thought my MS had returned after a week “off” but in retrospect it was the reflux making me feel nauseated). It is so unpleasant and even painful at times..
    Haha, my 2 year old hates bows and co as well – only now is she sometimes allowing me to put in a hairtie as her locks on the forehead are bothering he rto see and I refuse to cut her goldilocks just yet :P however my 4 year old now is such a girly girl that we must do a hair do every morning (Elsa braid, anyone?? Lol)

PBN – I’ve only had girls so can’t tell you if the linea nigra makes any difference – I think it is just hormonal buuuut the fact that it is different could mean that maybe there is a girl in there
    Sigh, and yes, SPD is horrid too ..the things we have to go through, eh? Have you tried a belt to support your pelvis? Like Ash, I struggle the most at night and turning in bed or to get up to pee is agonising – wow, recliner for 6 months? You poor thing! I never even thought about it, would have saved my nights :P
    They say the third is the wild card haha – what happens if you go into labour before the planned C-section date – just rush to hospital for an emergency section?

Kat you typed as I was finishing your pain sounds like SPD?? The groin area just painful as….
    How are you? Ready for your newest addition? Hope she arrives at the perfect time for you both ^^

Any news from anyone else?

25 weeks today – 15 weeks to go tops! I remember when you were at your 15-week mark countdown PBN and look how quick that has gone, it felt it was just like a fortnight ago..eeeeekk!
    This am I dropped off my eldest at vacation care – and as it was her 1st day there, the lady asked one of the kids to show her around – a little Sophia M gave me a knowing at me when the girl introduced herself haha and yesterday we introduced ourselves to our new neighbours, and M pointed at my belly saying ‘and this is Sofia !’ The kid is dead set on that name, so tried not to smile too much as hubs is not 100% yet but like that she likes it so much that for her, her baby sister could not be called anything else :P
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

11. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lmsm that's just adorable your dd is calling her baby sister Sofia I am certainly hoping I don't go into labour early, refuse to entertain the idea, I will happily stick my head in the sand at this point and pop it out the day before. But yes if I went into labour earlir than booked I'd undergo an emergency csection

Kat I'm genuinely excited about either gender. I honestly don't mean that to rub in the face on anyone still coming to terms and coping with GD but I can truly picture either gender fitting perfectly into our family. I cannot wait to stare at that tiny newborn face. My boys are both hoping for a girl, probably thinking a girl wouldn't annoy them like they annoy each other little do they know its more a sibling than gender thing My csection is scheduled for the 10th January which is my perfect date!!! I think even if I went into labour earlier I'd be like 'nope, this isn't happening, you need to cut this out now, we have 'x' amount of time left to get to the 10th'

13. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Happy Monday!

Ash – definitely try to prolong your “vacation” until you’ve past the 37-w mark, the longer you can cook this lovely bun, the better and if you must resume things with hubs, do use a condom, eh? The contact with the cervix could be enough to trigger labour but less than if you also have contact with semen
    For my 1st I had those same pains in my upper right quadrant, along with swelling on one leg/foot – and they worried at first it was pre-eclampsia but my protein and BP were ok – so they put it down to baby pushing into that corner and acid!

Bluebooties – like PBN will just say, what a sh*t system the whole “you can have mat leave OR normal leave once only in a 12-m period” is just BS, I wish it was different – don’t you have savings so you could take some days of leave without pay possibly or is that not an option from your employer’s perspective? (I mean how do you do when you have sick kids, can’t you take days off, even without pay?) I hope that when you are on your days off you do get to put your feet up even just a little and rest up. Hope your shifts go as smoothly and easily as they possibly can for you!
    Oh a hairy baby – so cute! He/she will be adorbs My eldest had some dark hair at birth but then it thinned out and they only started looking girly at around 1 – and hated bows and co booohoohoo – so hope this one retains some locks (I should have a scan at 34 weeks so we should see if she is bald or is graced with a bit of hair haha).

4b2p - acid reflux/nausea can be felt concurrently – the reflux can cause that nausea so it’s likely that!! (when I was about 15-16 weeks, I thought my MS had returned after a week “off” but in retrospect it was the reflux making me feel nauseated). It is so unpleasant and even painful at times..
    Haha, my 2 year old hates bows and co as well – only now is she sometimes allowing me to put in a hairtie as her locks on the forehead are bothering he rto see and I refuse to cut her goldilocks just yet however my 4 year old now is such a girly girl that we must do a hair do every morning (Elsa braid, anyone?? Lol)

PBN – I’ve only had girls so can’t tell you if the linea nigra makes any difference – I think it is just hormonal buuuut the fact that it is different could mean that maybe there is a girl in there
    Sigh, and yes, SPD is horrid too ..the things we have to go through, eh? Have you tried a belt to support your pelvis? Like Ash, I struggle the most at night and turning in bed or to get up to pee is agonising – wow, recliner for 6 months? You poor thing! I never even thought about it, would have saved my nights
    They say the third is the wild card haha – what happens if you go into labour before the planned C-section date – just rush to hospital for an emergency section?

Kat you typed as I was finishing your pain sounds like SPD?? The groin area just painful as….
    How are you? Ready for your newest addition? Hope she arrives at the perfect time for you both ^^

Any news from anyone else?

25 weeks today – 15 weeks to go tops! I remember when you were at your 15-week mark countdown PBN and look how quick that has gone, it felt it was just like a fortnight ago..eeeeekk!
    This am I dropped off my eldest at vacation care – and as it was her 1st day there, the lady asked one of the kids to show her around – a little Sophia M gave me a knowing at me when the girl introduced herself haha and yesterday we introduced ourselves to our new neighbours, and M pointed at my belly saying ‘and this is Sofia !’ The kid is dead set on that name, so tried not to smile too much as hubs is not 100% yet but like that she likes it so much that for her, her baby sister could not be called anything else :P
    No really thats why my husband and I work opposite week. When i am on my work weeks he is off and vice versa. Its a tough life but at least it eliminates dependence on after school care, nanny and the worry about sick leaves.

I guess if god forbid i do need extended leave for health reasons i can get then at half pay and that too only 6 weeks. But based on the time of year baby is coming i risk losing my vacation/aka paod leave and i am dying to take my vacation this year to visit my mom abroad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i got my results on the most recent Doppler sonogram and looks like there is starting to be some element of placental insufficiency. I am having a feeling my ob will recommend induction at 37 weeks rather than waiting till 39 weeks if this keeps up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast