Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bluebooties- Take it easy from here on. Don’t stress for things that can’t be controlled and know that you are the most important person right now and slow down when you can afford to. You have been so strong through everything and I️ am sure all will
    be good. Lots of love ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4b2p - yep, this will be my third csection, only positive is I get to plan it. 1st one was horrible as my water broke and I labored for 14 hours and never dilated past a 3 and ended up in csection and I didn’t wanna try for a Vbac with my 2nd for various reasons. But, my csection with my 2nd was a super great recovery so hoping this one will be too. I am jealous of your home births though!
    Nurse called today and said she can only schedule with hospital a month out so she will call January 3rd and let me know! Then I just gotta hold this baby in for 40 weeks which has never been a problem before but I guess you never know!
    Bluebooties - totally agree, love the idea of all girls, but the comments can be harsh! And feel a tad sad for my husband even though he says he could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a brief (for me lol) message

Well done for passing the test Mommaxo3!
    Like you, agree that it seems so impersonal to name baby “it” when gender is unknown – I often have seen people say he/she randomly to avoid just that
    …so Blue, hope that it is just that, and agree, unless there was an illness that is gender specific, no need for gender to be on file, really hope the rest helps with keeping bub in for longer! Sounds like the contractions were stress induced with all the stuff that happened yesterday. Hopefully they don’t come back for a while!

Kat yeah for your date being agreed upon – you’re sur eyou don’t wanna do the 7th instead? That would be my Bday lol

Sky – so glad you are all settled in! Look at it this way, you may feel big, but if you’re not putting on weight – then as soon as that baby boy is out, you will look like you never were pregnant as no extra weight to lose Plus you look gorgeous whether you want to see it or not

Yesterday had my first MGP appointment – so you basically meet at the clinic, with the midwives and other mums due around the same time – they ALL were second time mums with one boy and expecting a girl (bar one 1st timer who was team green) – even the other middie did the “wow three girls” thing (not in a good way) when I told my story when we were introducing ourselves – you can tell they just feel sorry for you – why is that? Do people have that reaction when people announce a third (or more) boy?? I really feel like boys are the trophy gender, still… so the veteran I was felt a bit of an outsider with all these pigeon-pair mums :P
    My cheeky munchkin was kicking the middie when she tried the Doppler so she has to literally hold her in place with her hand so she could check her heart lol weight – well, let’s just say I hope I don’t gain too much over Xmas as am already well beyond what I’d expected :P
    Will do my GTT in the New year (followed by my anti-D injection), so a bit on the late side but lots of pathologies close over the holidays – and need to wait for my midwife to send me new scripts for the tests, as I still can’t find that darn booklet with all my medical file (sigh).

Thinking of you all – hope you ladies in the cold weather don’t have any issues with the snow, then
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

6. Likes Bluebooties liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Kat im glad you enjoyed your c-section with DD2 fingers crossed you get another really good one this time im terrified of anything medical/surgical i dont know how c-section mums do it!!

LMSM why do they make you meet with all the other mums? and believe me having a 3rd/4th+ boy here is met with nothing but negativity and pity from everyone, even strangers!! ive had people cross the street just to make a pitying comment to me about 4 boys and no girl.. girls are the trophy gender in the UK big time!! though i think most people view one of each as *the perfect family* as they only want 2 kids and big families aren't common or really liked!! 2 girls is pretty equal to one of each for *perfection* with many people hoping for 2 girls and then 2 boys is seen as the worst combo, nobody openly hopes for it and people feel sorry for all boy mums. i find it crazy to imagine it being the other way around, do you not think that midwife would have said anything in a bad way if you had said you were having your 3rd boy?
    now 6blue5pink

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So my waters broke 2.30am Wednesday morning at 38 weeks 4 days (only had 4 days off work!!!) Car seat not even in the car!
    Had a fairly quick labour with no pain meds or epidural which i had with my DD. No tearing or anything and.... Had my BOY!!! 6 pound 6 ounces (2.9kg) and 48cm. Exact same weight and length as my DD. He came 10 days early and we are completely in love with him! Hubby helped deliver him and we absolutely bawled when he told me it was a boy...I even asked "are you sure?!" My DD met her brother yesterday and she just held hisbhand and stacked toys on him to "share" hahaha. We named him Alec to honour my DH's grandfather and great grandfather, middle name is Scott which is my husband's first name.
    My sway worked and I whole heartedly believe it was because of swaying that we got our boy.
    Can't wait to hear when more babies arrive ladies!!!
    DD Feb 2016
    DS Dec 2017 Thank you atomic and gender dreaming. My sway worked!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow dancing!!! Huge congratulations!!! I can hear your happiness in your words Enjoy your newborn snuggles with Alec and look forward to seeing a pic What a beautiful birth story with your perfect ending!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And bluebooties- both my midwife during a scan at 24 weeks said "she" and my obstetrician said "she" for my DS. I said to my ob "are you giving me a hint?" And he said it wasn't even on my file, he just calls all team green babies "she" because he has a daughter and he's used to it with her. He's all boy for mine!!
    DD Feb 2016
    DS Dec 2017 Thank you atomic and gender dreaming. My sway worked!

11. Likes Bluebooties, Skyblue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations dancing !! Yuhoo ur sway worked u must be over the moon

Glad ur labor went well and quick. Rest up well and where r pictures of the precious prince ?? anxiously waiting !

I hope the "she" was just a generic word. I guess we will know in 2 to 4 weeks (depending on when i can settle my new induction date)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your little boy dancingdiva!! hope your both doing well, i love seeing team green announcements!!
    now 6blue5pink

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bluebooties - If your baby is a girl it's not really something you "failed" at since it's just the luck of the draw. And a fun fact...men determine the sex so when his mom makes comments you can always throw that in there.

Skyblue - I never used the diaper genie. I have always used those metal trash cans with the lid and the foot petal. We just changed it every two days or so to avoid the smell. But good job on getting things organized! I wish I had any energy at all.

LMSM - I think people do it for both genders if you only have 1 gender. I remember when the family next door moved in with 4 boys all close in age and I thought "wow they must be busy." I later found out the 4 boys had 3 different dads and were all unplanned so it wasn't like they were trying for a girl. They did have a girl a few months later but was another father. The mother even made a comment to me when she found out we're on girl #3 and I really wanted to call her some choice words because their kids are terribly mannered and unsupervised and never properly dressed no matter the gender so I don't feel like she needs to be worrying about my house. But there's a sweet old lady that lives across the street who had 4 girls and 1 boy and said she would much rather have had 5 girls so it is a matter of preference and opinion.

Dancing - How exciting! Congrats on your little guy!

15. Likes Bluebooties, Skyblue liked this post
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast