Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mamabird just want to check in with you and see how everything is? How much longer until we can all relax lol? I swear we'll all be holding our breathe until baby girl is in your arms... been meaning to ask, do you have any names picked out? Totally understand if you don't, or if you do and don't wish to share in case you think it's bad luck. I had a girl name picked out from the age of 14 when I read a particular trilogy (cant wait for my daughter to be able to read said trilogly that is sitting waiting in my bookcase ) so I pretty much had known her name for 20+ years before she arrived Still cannot believe I got to use my name and even moreso that I have her so in love and so much more in love with my beautiful boys seeing them with her, although I can honestly say I would've loved them just as much with another brother too they were just so excited for a new baby it melts my heart
    Last edited by Pbn3; June 23rd, 2018 at 06:37 AM.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Georgia_Peach, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbn3 View Post
    Mamabird just want to check in with you and see how everything is? How much longer until we can all relax lol? I swear we'll all be holding our breathe until baby girl is in your arms... been meaning to ask, do you have any names picked out? Totally understand if you don't, or if you do and don't wish to share in case you think it's bad luck. I had a girl name picked out from the age of 14 when I read a particular trilogy (cant wait for my daughter to be able to read said trilogly that is sitting waiting in my bookcase ) so I pretty much had known her name for 20+ years before she arrived Still cannot believe I got to use my name and even moreso that I have her so in love and so much more in love with my beautiful boys seeing them with her, although I can honestly say I would've loved them just as much with another brother too they were just so excited for a new baby it melts my heart
    You're so sweet for asking, thank you.
    I am almost 22 weeks.

I have had multiple ultrasounds now and the last one showed my sch grew from 6cmx1.5cm to 7.1x2.5 in 3 weeks. I am still spotting daily and am trying to do mostly bed rest. My Dr still isn't concerned and isn't giving me the things I request. I've done a lot of research on subchorinic hemorage and placental abruption in the past few weeks and read that progesterone in oil can help PPROM. This is a huge concern for me bc of the separation. The other concern is if the tear in placenta caused a tear in uterus causing water to be susceptible to infection. I have antibiotics but my Dr doesn't want me taking them as a precaution. I also asked for steroid shots st 23 weeks for her lungs but was told they don't like to give them out.
    Long story short... I wait. I literally sit here not knowing if I'll lose her again at any given moment and my Dr (who is great and all) won't refer me to the high risk team until I hit viability. Nor will he let me take precautions to prevent this. Even if it doesn't help.. it would make me feel better. Like I am doing something.

But he is giving me freq ultrasounds that tell me baby is thriving. She's almost a pound now.

The Dr told me it's in God's hands now and that I should pray. Obviously I pray a lot. But after you lose a child.. and you prayed for her too... you start to not JUST trust in that.

Any way...
    As far as names I have a few on the list but I just can't even bring myself to select one. I haven't even started her nursery. All I want to do is celebrate her life and get excited that she will be coming home with us... But i can't.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mamabird I'm so sorry your doctor is not giving you what you want. Is there any way to self refer to high risk?

I also can't understand why they won't give you steriods at 23 weeks? I thought after losing a baby most medical staff will give you what you want within reason. That's been my experience anyway.

I think of you and baby girl often and hope everything settles down and gives your little girl as much time as possible to grow stronger.
    👦2013
    👱2014
    👼2016 💔
    👶2017

👩 Due October 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mama are you taking any DHA or fish oil?? If so we may need to wean off those. I know sometimes they have you guys on very high doses for IVF rounds and SCH has been an issue for others as well. If you are taking them, DON"T just stop them, we have to wean off slowly.

Also I would have you stay away from nuts, particularly walnuts, and garlic, particularly fresh garlic, for now.

I can make a schedule for weaning back off the blood thinners if you want me to
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am taking a small amount of fish oils/dha. Just 300 mg daily. And I only take it every other day. I am confused though bc I though that the sch means I have clotting and wouldn't blood thinners help that?
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Mama are you taking any DHA or fish oil?? If so we may need to wean off those. I know sometimes they have you guys on very high doses for IVF rounds and SCH has been an issue for others as well. If you are taking them, DON"T just stop them, we have to wean off slowly.

Also I would have you stay away from nuts, particularly walnuts, and garlic, particularly fresh garlic, for now.

I can make a schedule for weaning back off the blood thinners if you want me to

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason why there is a clot there is because you had bleeding around your placenta, and a clot formed. The clot was caused by bleeding and bleeding can be caused by blood thiinners (or worsened by them) That's why we would not have you stop the blood thinners totally, but just dial it back a little - to both prevent further bleeding but at the same time not cause your blood to become TOO clotty, since that can cause other issues.

My concern is that the clot grew some. That indicates to me that there may still be some bleeding going on. We want no more bleeding, and healing to happen (but just to reassure you, I have seen WAY bigger SCH rectify themselves) Some of us are more susceptible to blood thinners than others (I personally am SUPER susceptible to them even at every other day intake.)

What I would do is stretch out the time between doses just a teensy bit more. So if you were taking them in the morning every other day, start going to morning one day, then night the next (so extending by 12 hours' time) and wait and see. If at your next scan the SCH has continued to grow, we may want to stretch it another 12 hours. But I think it's best since you're already spacing out the dose a good bit and it's not a high dose to start with, to not cut back ~much~ more than you are and since you're having regular scans anyway we'll be able to see how things are progressing.

Just want to stress again, DO NOT stop taking them suddenly - we want to space things out a bit, not stop cold turkey. Even if your doctor says differently, please listen to me on this one - there are like 3 things I know more than doctors on and blood thinners/SCH issues are one of them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks Georgia_Peach thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The reason why there is a clot there is because you had bleeding around your placenta, and a clot formed. The clot was caused by bleeding and bleeding can be caused by blood thiinners (or worsened by them) That's why we would not have you stop the blood thinners totally, but just dial it back a little - to both prevent further bleeding but at the same time not cause your blood to become TOO clotty, since that can cause other issues.

My concern is that the clot grew some. That indicates to me that there may still be some bleeding going on. We want no more bleeding, and healing to happen (but just to reassure you, I have seen WAY bigger SCH rectify themselves) Some of us are more susceptible to blood thinners than others (I personally am SUPER susceptible to them even at every other day intake.)

What I would do is stretch out the time between doses just a teensy bit more. So if you were taking them in the morning every other day, start going to morning one day, then night the next (so extending by 12 hours' time) and wait and see. If at your next scan the SCH has continued to grow, we may want to stretch it another 12 hours. But I think it's best since you're already spacing out the dose a good bit and it's not a high dose to start with, to not cut back ~much~ more than you are and since you're having regular scans anyway we'll be able to see how things are progressing.

Just want to stress again, DO NOT stop taking them suddenly - we want to space things out a bit, not stop cold turkey. Even if your doctor says differently, please listen to me on this one - there are like 3 things I know more than doctors on and blood thinners/SCH issues are one of them.
    Ok sounds good will do!
    Stupid question but is Tylenol a blood thinner? I take them at least 1x a week due to headaches during the entire pregnancy!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thinking of you and baby girl mamabird when is your next scan? do you remember maximbella? she was in my dd group (dec 2017 - march 2018) and she went through the same, sch and bleeding with constant scans and bed rest etc and baby arrived full term and healthy, i have everything crossed for your sch to begin healing and for that measurement to be smaller on the next scan xx
    now 6blue5pink

11. Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    thinking of you and baby girl mamabird when is your next scan? do you remember maximbella? she was in my dd group (dec 2017 - march 2018) and she went through the same, sch and bleeding with constant scans and bed rest etc and baby arrived full term and healthy, i have everything crossed for your sch to begin healing and for that measurement to be smaller on the next scan xx
    Thank You!! I do remember her yes!!
    Hoping for the same outcome! Although after going back and reading her posts it appears her sch did not affect her placenta. So kinda different situation. Mines a lot more high risk for myself and baby.

My next scan is in 2.5 weeks when I hit viability.

Last edited by Georgia_Peach; June 24th, 2018 at 10:05 AM.

13. Likes Pbn3, 4blue2pink liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been quiet for a while since we found out that we are expecting our third DS in december. I have the feeling almost everyone is getting their DG at the moment so I somehow felt like a loser (I know, lots of self pity) I guess. BUT I'm getting over this. I had a scan yesterday and am already deeply in love with this little man.

Mamabird I'm so glad your little girl is doing so well and am crossing everything that she will stay where she is for at least 2 1/2 more weeks and preferably much longer!

6c8b58 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

08/2014 04/2016

15. Thanks Georgia_Peach thanked for this post
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast