Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww ABC I can completely understand your anxiety with what can go wrong. I'm like that with one baby. Two is definitely more than double the worry!
    But it's so special. I always secretly hoped this one would be twins. I am one of 5 siblings. My husband just has 1 brother. I wanted 4/5 kids he wanted 2. We comprised to 3 which he still wasn't keen on a third. Though now he's excited. But always hoped I'd trick him with twins in our third pregnancy and I'd get my 4.
    I love big families. And since we don't have much family here (no cousins for my kids) I wish we could recreate the big family I had growing up back home.
    Though having not much family 4-5 kids is probably not a good idea in terms of help so probably a blessing! Haha
    So lovely that your oldest is excited to help look after them! My son was also very into his brother when he arrived. I'm pretty confident he's going to be great this time round... my younger one is such a different temperament though. I have no idea what he will think of a new baby. I guess that he's always had to share me so hopefully he won't be too put out. My cousins daughter told her mom to put the baby in the toilet and flush it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Likes ABC.2606 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    I had my appt today at 10-ish weeks and I thought they were just going to do the doppler to hear the HBs but they said given that I'm 10 weeks and it's twins the doppler wouldn't work and they needed to do a quick ultrasound to check things out. So I got to see babies again! No measurements on size or heartbeats but things looked good and they were moving around, which for some reason shocked me - it's been so long since I've seen a baby move on ultrasound! One of them wasn't moving much though and it was bugging me (which I told the doc) so he poked at my abdomen for a few seconds and sure enough it seems like the baby felt it because he/she immediately starting moving!! I've been struggling pretty bad the last two weeks with all the symptoms and so it felt really nice to see them again today and remember why I'm having to go through all the discomfort right now!

And I did get blood drawn for the Panorama test, so we'll see - hoping everything is ok. I told doc I don't want to know genders immediately when the results come back but they'll have that on file for whenever I decide I want to know
    How beautiful ABC, delightful sight I bet xoxo

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b

4. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    I had my appt today at 10-ish weeks and I thought they were just going to do the doppler to hear the HBs but they said given that I'm 10 weeks and it's twins the doppler wouldn't work and they needed to do a quick ultrasound to check things out. So I got to see babies again! No measurements on size or heartbeats but things looked good and they were moving around, which for some reason shocked me - it's been so long since I've seen a baby move on ultrasound! One of them wasn't moving much though and it was bugging me (which I told the doc) so he poked at my abdomen for a few seconds and sure enough it seems like the baby felt it because he/she immediately starting moving!! I've been struggling pretty bad the last two weeks with all the symptoms and so it felt really nice to see them again today and remember why I'm having to go through all the discomfort right now!

And I did get blood drawn for the Panorama test, so we'll see - hoping everything is ok. I told doc I don't want to know genders immediately when the results come back but they'll have that on file for whenever I decide I want to know
    That's great, Abc! So excited for you and praying your tests come back flawless

6. Thanks ABC.2606 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by simkan View Post
    Aww ABC I can completely understand your anxiety with what can go wrong. I'm like that with one baby. Two is definitely more than double the worry!
    But it's so special. I always secretly hoped this one would be twins. I am one of 5 siblings. My husband just has 1 brother. I wanted 4/5 kids he wanted 2. We comprised to 3 which he still wasn't keen on a third. Though now he's excited. But always hoped I'd trick him with twins in our third pregnancy and I'd get my 4.
    I love big families. And since we don't have much family here (no cousins for my kids) I wish we could recreate the big family I had growing up back home.
    Though having not much family 4-5 kids is probably not a good idea in terms of help so probably a blessing! Haha
    So lovely that your oldest is excited to help look after them! My son was also very into his brother when he arrived. I'm pretty confident he's going to be great this time round... my younger one is such a different temperament though. I have no idea what he will think of a new baby. I guess that he's always had to share me so hopefully he won't be too put out. My cousins daughter told her mom to put the baby in the toilet and flush it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Simkan - yea I do feel like it's a special thing carrying twins. I'm so worried about the pregnancy but if they get here safely & healthy it will be a true blessing and miracle, especially with all we've been through this past year. I grew up with just 1 sibling (and not a big extended family as my mom is an only child and my dad has one sibling), so it will be a new experience for sure! DH comes from a bigger family with a huge extended family. We'll see! Just worried I'll never sleep again, LOL!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ABC so glad you got to see your bubbas again- it does make all the symptoms seem worth it I agree!
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is everyone using for acid reflux? I took Zantac but it doesn’t seem to help :/ plus a prescription med for keeping food moving. Nothing seems to help!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey girls the sonographer commented during my scan that she thought my placenta was forming in an anterior position? Is 9 weeks too early to tell? Both boys were posterior so I have no experience with anterior. Anyone had one and does it mean anything different for pregnancy or birth?

Sorry your reflux is bad Cassidy- I don't have it this time so I have no advice I'm sorry xx
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

11. Thanks Cassidy4 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kittendreams View Post
    Hey girls the sonographer commented during my scan that she thought my placenta was forming in an anterior position? Is 9 weeks too early to tell? Both boys were posterior so I have no experience with anterior. Anyone had one and does it mean anything different for pregnancy or birth?

Sorry your reflux is bad Cassidy- I don't have it this time so I have no advice I'm sorry xx
    I had anterior with DS2 and apparently both of these babies are anterior. I guess my body likes placentas to be anterior! I'm not even sure what it was with DS1.

It doesn't mean much - posterior is more common but anterior is still considered a normal variation. I will say I didn't feel movement with DS2 until around 21/22 weeks (that was later than I felt DS1!). You may not feel baby until later bc the placenta being in the front of your uterus/stomach provides kind of a "cushion". I think I've read it can be a little trickier for docs to find HB with a doppler earlier on but I don't remember that being an issue.

As far as birth the only thing I've read that could be an issue is if the placenta stays very low and you need a csection they may have to do a different type of incision so they don't cut into the placenta. Normally though that's not an issue bc the placenta usually moves upward a lot as you progress in pregnancy. With DS2 my placenta was apparently almost at the top of my uterus by the end. This time I am a little worried about the csection thing with two anterior placentas bc I'm likely going to have my first csection birth. My doc hasn't mentioned anything though and I doubt he's worried at all about it.

It really isn't a big deal though so don't worry!! I've tried to find Google evidence that anterior is more common with girls but that doesn't seem to be true And obviously I had a boy with one!

2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

13. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and they told me my twins were both anterior at 8 weeks so 9 weeks shouldn't be too early!

2013 2015
    Three babies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks abc.
    I'm not worried just interested. Ds2 was a low lying placenta with a velamentous cord insertion however it moved up by 33 weeks so no issues for the c section. However they did take him out at 38 weeks due to the cord issue.
    This will be my third c section so hopefully it moves up so there's no complications. I swear I felt ds2 by 14 weeks so it will be interesting to see if this causes me to feel Bub later. Thanks again xx
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

16. Likes ABC.2606 liked this post
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast