Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to sum up a response to all these entries, why can't people just be happy for us? I mean especially if you're excited, then just be excited for you top...? Ya know? The people I work ALL have 2 kids and all but one of those have BG so they always say how happy they are to have the perfect family blah blah. Idk how many times I heard this after I found out #3 was ds3. Lame. We only plan to tell our families about what #4 is but haven't decided when yet. Everyone else will have to wait for birth.

My scan is a week from tomorrow. I am apart of another gender forum and in that due date group several of us are finding out within this next week. All but one of us (that's active in there anyway) swayed or is hoping for pink. 2 so far heard girl and there's 3 of us left to find out, me being the last. I'm just paranoid now that I won't get a girl bc not all of us can or will get our dg and the odds seem to be dwindling for me.
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016
    💗Prayed then swayed GIRL due with my 🌈July 2019💗 IT'S A GIRL!!💕

2. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and congratulations @canadamommy! Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy

And I’m going to do a blanket reply to everyone also hoping that all your scans and tests give you the gender news you desire. RG just because you’re the last to find out in your group doesn’t mean you won’t get your girl! Sending so much pink your way! sillyginger don’t get too worked up about hcg numbers and definitely let us know if it is twins!
    4blue2pink, my parents wanted a boy each of my previous pregnancies but they really wanted me to be done after 2 kids regardless of gender . Well it’s really not their choice and they will have to come to terms with it somehow.
    And girliecat if you do get your second girl, the bond between sisters is truly amazing

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, there’s a whole lot of posts to keep up with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girls I also wanted to say I met my GP for getting the results of my 12 week Nuchal scan and baby has a SUA or a single umbilical artery. Has anyone had that in any of their pregnancies? DH noticed and and briefly discussed it with the sonographer ( I get my scans done where he works) and he just told me it’s not anything to worry , just a 1%variation that needs to be monitored.

My GP wants to send me to see the obstetrician at the local hospital from now on to do growth development scans and to rule out any abnormalities every 3-4 weeks.

After a bit of googling I’m freaking out. I feel like a fool for wanting a son so bad and then getting one but possibly not having a healthy baby. I’m feeling so guilty , like I should have just worked towards getting pregnant without any desire except a healthy baby.... I feel so stupid for thinking about clothes to buy and toys and never considering that there might be health issues.

Girls any advice or reassurance would be great

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Viola, I know you’re probably beside yourself with worry! Your baby is going to be fine. You’ve had NIPT testing and it didn’t show any chromosomal abnormalities. The perinatal mortality is associated with the chromosomal, renal, cardiac, and neuro abnormalities, not just with an isolated SUA. It sounds like they’re going to monitor you and the baby closely for intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR). I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Viola, I have a friend who's 3 yr old dd had a 2 strand cord and she is perfectly normal and healthy! I think they monitored her closer but all went well. This happens fairly often and I've read 85% are girls so you're lucky to have gotten your boy! And since labs say he is healthy, I would worry about those other problems! I know, easier said than done. Hang in there!
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016

8. Likes Sillyginger liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Viola, don’t feel guilty for wanting your boy. It goes without saying you wanted healthy too, but there is nothing wrong with wanting your son - please don’t feel bad.

I don’t really have anything useful to add with regards your diagnosis, but if you’ve had the NIPT I’m sure you’ll be fine and it’s great you are in the system and they are monitoring you so closely. Big hugs xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingGentlemen3 View Post
    Just to sum up a response to all these entries, why can't people just be happy for us? I mean especially if you're excited, then just be excited for you top...? Ya know? The people I work ALL have 2 kids and all but one of those have BG so they always say how happy they are to have the perfect family blah blah. Idk how many times I heard this after I found out #3 was ds3. Lame. We only plan to tell our families about what #4 is but haven't decided when yet. Everyone else will have to wait for birth.

My scan is a week from tomorrow. I am apart of another gender forum and in that due date group several of us are finding out within this next week. All but one of us (that's active in there anyway) swayed or is hoping for pink. 2 so far heard girl and there's 3 of us left to find out, me being the last. I'm just paranoid now that I won't get a girl bc not all of us can or will get our dg and the odds seem to be dwindling for me.
    There is no limit to the number of girls a group can have. Your odd don’t change because of their results but I do understand what you mean.

I get upset when people assume a boy and a girl kid is the perfect family because for me and my husband it would not be. But I will be honest that even I don’t know how to respond when I know someone wanted one gender and got the opposite. I usually say nothing and just congratulate but now I wonder if because I understand gender desire and disappointment if I should be saying something. ???? Three babies at work in the last year and all three moms confided in me they wanted one gender and then all three got the opposite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Viola, I am so sorry you have to worry about this but DO NOT beat yourself up. Everyone wants a healthy baby but it is okay to also want a specific gender. There is nothing you could have done different and swaying didn’t cause this. Please do not feel guilty honey. Other than monitoring are there other tests they want to run? I would think if they really had reason to believe there was mor wrong, that they would be doing more tests. Try to focus on something positive and know that worrying won’t change anything and could make things worse so push out the bad thoughts when they start taking over. Your baby is healthy and perfect until there is something that says otherwise. So sorry you have to worry about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Viola, all is gonna be well, so sorry you are so worried but if those who know more than us are saying nothing is serious then nothing is serious have positive thoughts and be happy,

Sent from my A7155_X4_mini using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=GirlieCat;1020899]There is no limit to the number of girls a group can have. Your odd don’t change because of their results but I do understand what you mean.

I get upset when people assume a boy and a girl kid is the perfect family because for me and my husband it would not be. But I will be honest that even I don’t know how to respond when I know someone wanted one gender and got the opposite. I usually say nothing and just congratulate but now I wonder if because I understand gender desire and disappointment if I should be saying something. ???? Three babies at work in the last year and all three moms confided in me they wanted one gender and then all three got the opposite.

It's so hard not to feel like I will be one of the few who get the opposite from a sway. But I am trying not to pay too much attention to their outcome. I think I might stay off the site for a few days before my scan just to not make my GA worse.

Since having GD, I feel like the best response toward any pregnancy and resulting gender is a positive comment. Not well girls are harder when they're older anyway, or boys are so rough, etc. Just say something nice about the gender they are getting! Down playing the opposite just feels patronizing. Same response for a person getting their DG. Just equal reactions I guess.
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast