Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so so much everyone for your kind words. I will say while I’m still quite worried I’ve been so busy and tired I haven’t had much time to think about it. I’ve also resolved to just ask the risks and the nitty details from the obstetrician at the hospital and then see “how much “ I should worry.

DD2s second birthday is on Sunday so I want to be the happiest for her no matter what

How’s everyone else doing? Any news from anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=RaisingGentlemen3;1020929]
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    There is no limit to the number of girls a group can have. Your odd don’t change because of their results but I do understand what you mean.

I get upset when people assume a boy and a girl kid is the perfect family because for me and my husband it would not be. But I will be honest that even I don’t know how to respond when I know someone wanted one gender and got the opposite. I usually say nothing and just congratulate but now I wonder if because I understand gender desire and disappointment if I should be saying something. ???? Three babies at work in the last year and all three moms confided in me they wanted one gender and then all three got the opposite.

It's so hard not to feel like I will be one of the few who get the opposite from a sway. But I am trying not to pay too much attention to their outcome. I think I might stay off the site for a few days before my scan just to not make my GA worse.

Since having GD, I feel like the best response toward any pregnancy and resulting gender is a positive comment. Not well girls are harder when they're older anyway, or boys are so rough, etc. Just say something nice about the gender they are getting! Down playing the opposite just feels patronizing. Same response for a person getting their DG. Just equal reactions I guess.
    I feel like that about getting an opposite too. You’re not alone there! I am praying you here girl at your ultrasound! Sending you my pink dust!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by violagirl87 View Post
    Thanks so so much everyone for your kind words. I will say while I’m still quite worried I’ve been so busy and tired I haven’t had much time to think about it. I’ve also resolved to just ask the risks and the nitty details from the obstetrician at the hospital and then see “how much “ I should worry.

DD2s second birthday is on Sunday so I want to be the happiest for her no matter what

How’s everyone else doing? Any news from anyone?

I think it’s a really good idea to ask direct questions about the risks, so there’s nothing left to interpretation. My mind always jumps to the worst possible case scenario! I think your OB will definitely be able to put your mind at ease. Happy birthday to your DD2!!
    I think my “morning sickness” has started. I haven’t thrown up, but I haven’t been able to eat my whole meal sometimes. Like my cereal this morning. I got kind of nauseated and had to pour it out. And the other day I couldn’t finish a chick fila sandwich!!! It just grossed me out at the end.
    We’ve got our first ultrasound on Tuesday, so that’s pretty exciting and nerve-wracking. I’ll be 6 weeks 1 day, and I’m praying we see a strong heartbeat (“heartbeep” if you ask myDD1).

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Sillyginger;1021402]
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingGentlemen3 View Post

I feel like that about getting an opposite too. You’re not alone there! I am praying you here girl at your ultrasound! Sending you my pink dust!
    Thank you! I will gladly take all that pink dust. I only have 2 days left and I am starting to get pretty nervous! I know we will love this baby either way but my dh and I both want a dd so bad! Praying and fx!

I might be off this site til Wednesday night after I lay my kids to bed, so no worries if I don't update asap.
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016
    💗Prayed then swayed GIRL due with my 🌈July 2019💗 IT'S A GIRL!!💕

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just had our scan and I'm so confused! Advice needed!

I should be 6w3d based on the date I know I ovulated or 6w6d based on my LMP - 12/12.
    We DTD 12/27. I am 99% sure that I ovulated/ conceived 12/29 (tested with OPK's & BBT).
    We got a BFP at 9DPO based on those dates.

My HCG at 16DPO was 942 (suggesting 3-5 weeks) taken 01/14
    My HCG at 23DPO was 15500 taken 01/21

Scan today showed gestational & yolk sac in the correct location but only measuring at 5w5d. She wasn't terribly concerned about this (she assumes I ovulated later) however, that would mean that I conceived 03/01 and somehow got my BFP at 4DPO which is absolutely impossible.

So, am I correct in thinking that since it's basically impossible that I ovulated later but managed to get a BFP when I did?

I'm assuming that bambino stopped growing last week at 5w5d (but that was the day I had my last HCG taken?) and it's a missed MC - do you think I'm correct?

So confused!
    Trying to complete our family

Swaying for a little sister for Mr 5½

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bluebird just want to jump in and say I totally understand your concerns however it's just to early for anything to be definitive right now. Brace yourself for bad news but also hold onto hope that its so early. Seen this scenario so many times result in a h&h pregnancy and wishing the same for you!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7. Thanks bluebird. thanked for this post
    Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladybird, it's way to early to worry about miscarriage just bc of the dates. Those early scans can be +/- 6 days. They're so small it's super hard to get exactly on the edge of the baby to get an accurate measurement. I'm sure you ovulated when you did and the Dr just wasn't able to get right on the edge of the baby. Please try not to worry!
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016
    💗Prayed then swayed GIRL due with my 🌈July 2019💗 IT'S A GIRL!!💕

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird. View Post

I should be 6w3d based on the date I know I ovulated or 6w6d based on my LMP - 12/12.
    We DTD 12/27. I am 99% sure that I ovulated/ conceived 12/29 (tested with OPK's & BBT).

Scan today showed gestational & yolk sac in the correct location but only measuring at 5w5d. She wasn't terribly concerned about this (she assumes I ovulated later) however, that would mean that I conceived 03/01 and somehow got my BFP at 4DPO which is absolutely impossible.

So, am I correct in thinking that since it's basically impossible that I ovulated later but managed to get a BFP when I did?

I'm assuming that bambino stopped growing last week at 5w5d (but that was the day I had my last HCG taken?) and it's a missed MC - do you think I'm correct?

So confused!
    Dw hun both my girls measured a week behind initially. It’s definitely hard to measure properly on such small areas and it only takes a tiny amount to throw off the measurements. Fingers crossed and keep us updated.

Did they do a regular or transvaginal ultrasound?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RG I’m thinking of you and sending you pink dust! Update us when u can

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird. View Post

So confused!
    I went in for an ultrasound at 6w 2d and baby was just yolk sac and egg measuring 5 w 6 d. Two weeks later measured right on track with a heartbeat. FX things are fine. It's just a few days different which is MILLIMETERS!! FX FX FX for you!

12. Likes bluebird., GirlieCat liked this post
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast