Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don’t know sparkles as I felt strongly this is a boy. That’s partly why I’m doubting the scan so much. I also thought ds2 was a girl which is why I took the disappointment so hard. You just never know. Is your scan a week today? I hope this week doesn’t drag. I might have to try and do a little scan at work again as I’m having withdrawal from seeing baby.

I’m sure you’ll start to feel movements soon. I think baby becomes bigger than the placenta at this stage. Remind me again how old your ds is?

My youngest is 3, he will be 3.5 when baby comes. He’s really clingy and always been a real mummies boy. I really worry about how he’ll feel when baby comes. I don’t want him to feel pushed out. My mother in law keeps saying things like ‘you aren’t a baby anymore, you’re going to be the big boy once baby comes’ and telling him things like he shouldn’t have a bottle anymore at bedtime because he’s a big boy now. I feel like punching her as it’s non of her business. I know she thinks he’s babies too much and he probably is as I thought he was our last so I’ve not rushed him through all the stages to independence like I did with ds1. He’s very cuddly and just always been content when with me but doesn’t particularly want to spend time with anyone else that’s the problem. I think I’m maybe a bit soft with him sometimes.

Sorry I just kind of needed to rant as she drives me crazy with her strong opinions about what everyone should be doing. She does help us once weekly with childcare though so she has us over a barrel to a certain degree and I’ve never said anything to her to cause conflict before, even when she told me I should stop breast feeding at 8 weeks post partum because he was too old for it now!!! Argh I’m definitely hormonal as I’m normally more tolerant of annoying people but today I just want to punch someone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sonny not sure if you are on here but if you are just letting you know I’m thinking of you. Is you scan this week or next? Hope you are ok during the wait. Also hope they can tell you one way or another so you are not left in limbo any longer

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Mum is the same.
    Comments so far:

You're going to struggle he is so clingy he will be jealous

Isnt he too old for boob, the new baby will starve

You're spoiling him, he will be horrid big brother.

My Mum is pretty forward and opinionated.
    Usually can cope, but the tolerance metre is at max in pregnancy.
    Just try and rise above it.
    90% of mean stuff is projection, her feeling inadequate in some ways.
    Maybe she secretly feels you are a better and more lovin Mum than she was.
    Or perhaps she is jealous because this is such a special and precious time.
    You are doing something she can't (creating new life)

Whatever the reason, do try and refrain from face punching lol.
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Such wise words. Sorry you have to go through the that too. I think it’s particularly hard as I lost my own mum in childhood. I think you’re right about her feeling a bit insecure as she had my hubby aged 18 and it wasn’t a particularly good childhood for him. she had another 20 years later and they have a better relationship although they clash a lot (motger/daughter) and are a bit emotionless in general - no cuddling or public affection really.

I refrained from texting her although I did type the message out with what I wanted to say which helped me refrain from any punching!!! I definitely feel emotional and more hormonal this time! Scan on Monday, when is yours?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is something about pregnancy that brings out thr crazy in Mums and MIL.
    Im so sorry you lost your Mum, it must make it even more frustrating that your MIL is behaving so badly.
    When I imagine you'd give anything to have your own Mama there now

So glad you got some relief from typing the text.
    That's such a smary thing to do, will have to try it myself soon.

Tuesday morning!
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello ladies been quite for sometime was trying to heal, I found out gender though was team green, ended up finding out, and the baby is a boy, got 2 boys already was expecting to hear girl but God has his plans

Sent from my CRO-U00 using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    You don’t know sparkles as I felt strongly this is a boy. That’s partly why I’m doubting the scan so much. I also thought ds2 was a girl which is why I took the disappointment so hard. You just never know. Is your scan a week today? I hope this week doesn’t drag. I might have to try and do a little scan at work again as I’m having withdrawal from seeing baby.

I’m sure you’ll start to feel movements soon. I think baby becomes bigger than the placenta at this stage. Remind me again how old your ds is?

My youngest is 3, he will be 3.5 when baby comes. He’s really clingy and always been a real mummies boy. I really worry about how he’ll feel when baby comes. I don’t want him to feel pushed out. My mother in law keeps saying things like ‘you aren’t a baby anymore, you’re going to be the big boy once baby comes’ and telling him things like he shouldn’t have a bottle anymore at bedtime because he’s a big boy now. I feel like punching her as it’s non of her business. I know she thinks he’s babies too much and he probably is as I thought he was our last so I’ve not rushed him through all the stages to independence like I did with ds1. He’s very cuddly and just always been content when with me but doesn’t particularly want to spend time with anyone else that’s the problem. I think I’m maybe a bit soft with him sometimes.

Sorry I just kind of needed to rant as she drives me crazy with her strong opinions about what everyone should be doing. She does help us once weekly with childcare though so she has us over a barrel to a certain degree and I’ve never said anything to her to cause conflict before, even when she told me I should stop breast feeding at 8 weeks post partum because he was too old for it now!!! Argh I’m definitely hormonal as I’m normally more tolerant of annoying people but today I just want to punch someone.
    Oooh Bobster don't worry about MIL, aaaa happy that you didn't punch her just leave her, don't stress though, mine is like that and her last visit wasn't pleasing as she created an unnecessary war with I just kept quite and ignored, she actually told me that she is planning not to come over maybe visiting after 3yrs,

Sent from my CRO-U00 using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry you didn’t hear girl rapuu but congratulations on another healthy gorgeous boy. Your boys will have a new best friend for life. Will you have any more babies do you think?

I hope you are ok. I wish there was something I could say to help you but there isn’t. I guess it’s just time and meeting your new wonderful son that will help.

Mrs sparkles which day is your scan? Is it this week? Mine is Monday at 3:40. I feel so anxious that something will be wrong or they will say boy, or both. Need to try and stay calm. I bet you feel nervous too do you? I hope our babies are ok in there.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you didn't hear girl, are you feeling okay ?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is the day after you at 9am, I feel the same as you very nervous just want baby to be healthy.
    I have to say I can't believe how little I care about the gender now, the only thing I worry about is hubbies reaction to a boy confirmation.
    Still I know that he can come around, it is just scary trying to find out the health situation.
    I had my BP taken yesterday and it was quite a jump.
    Usually is 115/81 range
    Yesterday was 141/95
    So they are keeping an eye on me, it isn't out of range, but it is higher than it has been

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast