Page 14 of 209 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'm not having my scan today... my insurance company denied it for some reason... UGH!!! I hate what the medical system is becoming in this country... it needs to either be public or be private!!! This in between stuff is ridiculous and insurance companies are playing hard ball until the change goes through...

I have been arguing with the insurance company all morning... I'm going to win, but won't go for a scan till next week. Grrrr.... Now I have the day off for nothing...

Don't they know that messing with a hormonal pregnant woman is tantamount to suicide?!?! hahaha
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Charlee....I hope that you are able to get the whole u/s deal sorted out....raging hormones and all....I say "use the tears!"

Dreamofpink...m/s is kicking my booty! When I feel like eating I have been, the constant wanting to throw up at work under my mask is not good....I am so excited that I only work 3 days each for the next 2 weeks. Just to get through today.

It is nice seeing our forum gaining new members!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey charlee I get sooo peed off with this insurance business too.. Free or private would be so much easier! We're you suppose to be going for an early ultrasound?

I love ladybugs, it must be hard with work especially, is there not anything you can take to help the M/S subside A little .. I have been getting extreme queasiness but it slowly goes away, not the best feeling especially when you wake up in the morning!
    I rang my OB yesterday to book an appointment they did say they would do an early ultrasound scan to confirm pregnancy, I was thinking to ask about which side the placenta was on lol I don't know much about this ramzi theory Ive come across, do any of you guys know about it? And did you's ask at your ultrasound which side the placenta was..
    Married To my Teenage Sweet since 2009

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EODwife363 View Post
    Hard to really see baby but here s/he is! The heart rate was 164. Is anyone familiar with the ramzi method of guessing the gender?
    Here is a link to the Ramzi article: The Relationship Between Placental Location and Fetal Gender (Ramzi

The article is pretty dense and has a lot of information that doesn't pertain to us in the beginning. Basically, the gist is that the side the placenta is on will help determine gender. In women with a 'normal' uterus, 97% of girls will have the placenta on the left, while 97% of boys will have the placenta on the right. In people with a bicornuate uterus, this number was slightly reduced, but not much. This theory suggests that the egg will most likely implant on the left if it is a girl and on the right if it is a boy, regardless of which side you ovulated on. So according to this theory, side of implantation (likely site of placenta development) means more than the side from which you ovulate.

It sounds as if there is much debate about the validity of this in the medical field, and I don't know if the study has been replicated with the same findings, to date. However, they have a very large sample size (over 5000) and I personally want to believe it because I ovulated from the right and felt implantation very strongly on the left.
    Last edited by Cagirl09; April 26th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
    One fabulous DH, one perfect , and our beautiful HT

Cycle 1: January 2014 at HRC: We feel so blessed and will be forever grateful for this wonderful forum for all of the support I had along this journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afy View Post
    Hey charlee I get sooo peed off with this insurance business too.. Free or private would be so much easier! We're you suppose to be going for an early ultrasound?

I love ladybugs, it must be hard with work especially, is there not anything you can take to help the M/S subside A little .. I have been getting extreme queasiness but it slowly goes away, not the best feeling especially when you wake up in the morning!
    I rang my OB yesterday to book an appointment they did say they would do an early ultrasound scan to confirm pregnancy, I was thinking to ask about which side the placenta was on lol I don't know much about this ramzi theory Ive come across, do any of you guys know about it? And did you's ask at your ultrasound which side the placenta was..
    Work is made tougher by it, but I am keeping the end in mind. As in the maternity leave and escaping my job for while!!! Plus, you can make icky faces under a mask and not give it away.

Charlee..how did the u/s demanding go?

Cagirl.....I am liking your feeling on the Ramzi theory and if I was one of the 97%, I do think that I O'd from the right and had extra cramping on my left.

Afy....I am not sure I subscribe to the Ramzi theory...I will most likely just wait until my 20 week u/s to get my hopes up. I think that between the nub and Ramzi theory, one can be excited over just a guess.
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagirl09 View Post
    Here is a link to the Ramzi article: The Relationship Between Placental Location and Fetal Gender (Ramzi

The article is pretty dense and has a lot of information that doesn't pertain to us in the beginning. Basically, the gist is that the side the placenta is on will help determine gender. In women with a 'normal' uterus, 97% of girls will have the placenta on the left, while 97% of boys will have the placenta on the right. In people with a bicornuate uterus, this number was slightly reduced, but not much. This theory suggests that the egg will most likely implant on the left if it is a girl and on the right if it is a boy, regardless of which side you ovulated on. So according to this theory, side of implantation (likely site of placenta development) means more than the side from which you ovulate.

It sounds as if there is much debate about the validity of this in the medical field, and I don't know if the study has been replicated with the same findings, to date. However, they have a very large sample size (over 5000) and I personally want to believe it because I ovulated from the right and felt implantation very strongly on the left.
    What does implantation feel like? I thought I had ovulated on the left because I had O type pains following o which I presumed was the cl cyst but it turns out I o'd on the right. I didn't ask which side implantation was...
    So it's the side of the uterus baby/placenta implants? Not which side of the baby the placenta is?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree View Post
    What does implantation feel like? I thought I had ovulated on the left because I had O type pains following o which I presumed was the cl cyst but it turns out I o'd on the right. I didn't ask which side implantation was...
    So it's the side of the uterus baby/placenta implants? Not which side of the baby the placenta is?
    I don't always feel ovulation pain, but I just happened to for the past few months and I had severe pain on the right side, it was kind of constant throbbing around the time I got my + opk and it became gradually stronger until it was quite sharp for a few hours the day after my opk. I have felt this pain before and am certain it means I ovulated from that right side.

From what I read, implantation can feel very different for everyone, and many people do not feel it at all. What I felt was a initially a sharp stinging pain in the lower left pelvic region that lasted a couple seconds and then occurred several times in a row. It felt almost like a little shot to one spot. Then over the course of the next couple days I felt a lot of localized pain in the exact same spot that was often worse when I was walking, I had very mild regular cramping as most of the pain was predominantly localized to that one spot. Two days later it went away, and a couple days after that I got my BFP. I talked to my doctor about it and she confirmed that it was likely implantation, so I just happened to have been able to feel the spot.

When the blastocyte implants it begins to divide further. Part of it develops into the placenta, and part becomes your baby. So the placenta will form at site of implantation while baby will grow, and due to the length of the umbilical cord may ultimately appear to be on the other side of the uterus. So the article makes it clear that even if it looks like baby is on the right, its not in fact where the baby its, its where that placenta is.

I'm not necessarily saying I believe in this theory, I was just saying that for me it would be nice if it were true because I happened to know these details about my ovulation and implantation.
    One fabulous DH, one perfect , and our beautiful HT

Cycle 1: January 2014 at HRC: We feel so blessed and will be forever grateful for this wonderful forum for all of the support I had along this journey.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will try and find out which side baby is on in a few weeks... Assuming all is well obviously.
    Interesting!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello ladies Hope everyone is doing well!

My u/s demanding went very well I am not the lady you want to mess with... EVER... but especially right now! LMAO I am the nicest person until you get in my way, and then WATCH OUT WORLD! haha

They apologized up and down, and said it was TOTALLY their fault and I will be getting my scan next week...

Until then I am just trying to get through the day. I am MISERABLY sick I am so glad I had such easy pregnancies with my boys, because if it had been like this the first time I wouldn't have any other children! LOL...

How is everyone else feeling?
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls add me to the list. Due the 29th December.

I'm not new to gender dreaming. I have done the LE diet twice now but both times miscarried, the last being at 13 weeks with my forth confirmed boy (I was in the due in June thread and would be 32 weeks now).

I swayed on ingender for a girl also and ended up with DS3.

This time I haven't swayed. In fact I have done everything wrong. Me and DH took supplements to increase fertility. I just didn't want to have to suffer another loss

Praying my baby is sticky. Looking forward to meeting you all and Hi to anyone who knows me x
    Last edited by 3boys; April 27th, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Page 14 of 209 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast