Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree View Post
    Isn't it mad we are talking about delivery!!! It could be (if I was lucky) as little as 7 or 8 weeks for me, but I expect it will be 12, and as standard I'll go to 42 weeks!!
    Really interesting reading about csections. I've had two vaginal births, both quite scary! I'd like to have the 'perfect' vaginal birth but if I had known the potential risks I was going to encounter (particularly with my first - shoulder dystocia) I would have opted for a section. There is no question I don't think about how I will deliver this time, provided of course the baby gets head down etc... And a (smooth) vaginal delivery is my preference, but if for any reason I was told I had to have a section a small part of me would feel relieved for my baby. I don't know enough about sections really but it seems to me that they are safer and less traumatic for babies? It's us that suffers with the risks and recovery?
    I suppose if you look at it this way the one thing that you can say is that a section is best for baby!?
    Apparently there was a study that showed people born by csection were more relaxed. I presume these were the 'elective' ones and not the ones that nearly made it vaginally but then didn't.

Rainbow I'm very sorry to hear about your grandpa!
    I think it depends on the health of your baby. With ds1 only being 2lb 12oz he was probably too fragile to survive an induced labour without significant problems. The only long-lasting issue with him is soft enamel on his baby teeth so it was without doubt the best way for him to be born.

With full-term healthy babies & elective sections they generally believe that the baby *can* be a bit more fretful in the early days. Also because the baby hasn't had the massaging effect of coming through the birth canal their lungs can be a bit congested leading to a higher rate of needing a little bit of help with breathing at birth. HOWEVER ds2 was a very healthy baby born at term by section, had no respiratory problems at all (except we can't find a volume button on him to turn him down a bit ) and that first night in hospital we both slept all night! The midwives commented that it was unusual for a c-section baby to be so settled. I don't want another night on the ward really as it was the other babies that disturbed my sleep, not ds2!

Myrainbowbaby, you, your Grandad & family are in my thoughts right now

Btw I realised that 100 years ago wouldn't have been the Victorian era, d'oh! I forgot what year we're in now

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; October 7th, 2013 at 04:59 AM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meeks - thank you for your reply. Very jealous you have a date set for when you will meet your little girl. I have a feeling this one will be another late one. The 10 days I went overdue with my first were awful and the birth was pretty horrific too. We had our scan on saturday and baby is still a girl! I was convinced we would be told they made a mistake! The sonographer seemed very sure too pointing out that she could see labia and that it wasn't just the absence of boy bits that made her say it was a girl. I have a potty shot too, so I have no choice to believe it now. We only took our eldest son in the end, but he was really taken by the scan, the tech was nice enough to show us some shots in 4d too, so I think he now understands a bit better.

Myrainbowgirl - so sorry to hear about your grandpa, I will keep him in my thoughts.
    Yes, this was always going to be our last baby no matter what. I only ever wanted two and felt our family was complete after DS2. But we got unexpectedly pregnant last year and after initially feeling it was the end of the world I came around, but then miscarried at 13 weeks and my mind changed. I desperately wanted a third. Unfortunately, I had another miscarriage after. Fingers crossed we get to bring this one home! . I just have to convince Dh to go and get the snip, so that I can't change my mind! Will you be having anymore?

Waitingfordaisy - I really like your names. We had flynn in our top 3 names for DS1 And I love daisy, but the name has been vetoed here by the husband along with a long list of other girls names I love. I had no idea he had such strong views. We are totally stuck here on a girls name. I had a boys name picked out which we both liked before the 20 week scan. At least there is plenty of time left to decide i guess.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In just over 2.5 more weeks, I will be way more active in this thread!! Maternity leave and finishing on the shed almost coincide perfectly for a more relaxed time until my baby gets here...the countdown is on!!

I have been reading this thread, and agree with Soar, both vag. and section are just a means to the end. The safe arrival of our adorable babies....I am praying and wishing that each and every one of the little bundles arrives safely!!! Emily, I might even consider your way of getting your girl here...pink stork me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between very poor sleep and just rough work days, I feel like I have so little resources to deal with my hubby at this time. I might save my patience for my boys, put a strong day at work in, but the fact that he does little at home in terms of housework, food prep, yardwork (other than working with me on the shed/shop), means I am so worn down. I cried the other night about it, both boys cuddled and tried to kiss away how sad mommy was....they just did not realize that it was also because he is more willing to take care of his friends (esp. female) than their mom. Once I go on mat. leave, it all is ok, but right now, the weeks go by way too slowly.
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two congrats on girl confirmation hun xxx

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So my friend had her twin girls today! She has two little girls at home as well! She is so inspiring with her attitude and her feeling of being blessed by a family of one gender. She really has the best outlook and her girls are gorgeous! She had the oh we will try for a 3rd mindset and found out it was twins. She took it all in stride and never once batted an eye to her full house! Anyway....hope everyone is feeling good and tackling the week ok! Soon we will all be holding our little bundles too! It's far away but at the same time it's close!!!!!!

Finally 26 weeks and so thankful. I can stop being so nervous once I get to this mile stone! Hope you are all feeling good!
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    K boy moms - I really need some advice!

DS1 is 4 in December and just started school in September. He went to a summer camp at the school for a few weeks before the school year started where a little girl showed him her underwear. From what I could understand it was the girls choice and she kept wanting him to play "showering" or something. This all kick started quite the interest with private parts. Since he was probably 2 I haven't showered in front of him or changed around him or anything because I could tell he started noticing a difference between daddy and I but it was never a problem. We do no watch ANYTHING that would remotely peak his interest, and his father and I are definitely not at all the touchy feely type around the kids. Anyways, on Friday I was told a little girl lifted her shirt and showed him her chest at school. I asked if he provoked it and they said "no no no, not at all". Well I guess on Monday or Tuesday he apparently asked a girl to show him her chest and she went home upset and that's how they assumed he was the one asking her to do it. I'm wondering if the incident on friday (which I think the girl blamed on him when her parents talked to her at home) might have peaked some new interest - or at least made him feel like it was okay to see. We are VERY clear about privates being private etc. Well I just got a call today saying at lunch he asked to see the girls "private parts" and I honestly don't know what to do. I've been crying all morning because aside from getting quite upset with him I don't know what else to do. I know these interests have been started by other kids initiating stuff.. but now I feel like he thinks it's acceptable. As I said we are very private about these things, and I never expose myself to him or show him anything in books or TV that would make him so curious. He's never been around girls because he doesn't have a sister, and all his cousins are boys as well as all his friends. Now that he's being introduced to girls it's like this new world of interest.

He is the sweetest little boy ever and it's definitely not malicious - just pure pure curiosity. He's sooo curious about it! Another thing is that he has told me on two separate occasions that his grandma has said a bad word to him - boobs (she always wears super low cleavage bearing tops when she's a size DD). He said "she touched me with them when she hugged me". I just feel like that's so weird for a not even 4 year old to notice - cleavage - but he's obviously asking her about it and she's saying boobs or whatever - which is something we don't say and not how I would respond. I already think it's a little weird for her to wear such revealing clothes around little boys and now i'm even more annoyed. Is this normal for him to be so interesting in girl body parts? He showers with his dad and brother all the time and it's never brought up... he just knows there's something different about girls and can't figure it out! I am mortified that I am getting talked to at school for his behaviour and aside from getting upset with him I don't know what else to do! HELP!!
    Last edited by black&gold; October 9th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Black and gold I really think its normal and I wouldn't worry at all! Tell granny to put her boobs away!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Daisy View Post
    Black and gold I really think its normal and I wouldn't worry at all! Tell granny to put her boobs away!!!
    LOL! Seriously, right! My husband has said he's going to talk to her - that'll be interesting "mom, stop wearing lingerie when you have my son over for a sleepover"

I know curiosity is normal, he just is obviously more curious than some kids. Mind you ever other boy I know has a girl sibling so they've been exposed to girls getting their diapers changed, and probably bathing together forever. Ugh, another reason only having one gender causes challenges.

What a embarrassing thing to have the principle call about though...

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Black and Gold- we just had this discussion today in our moms group! Here is some info I wrote down. Maybe this will be helpful.

The series is God's Design for Sex. The first book is The Story of Me, the second is Before I Was Born (ages 5-8), third is What's the Big Deal (ages 8-11), and fourth is Facing the Facts (ages 11-14). The speaker walked through some of these but we did not complete the series - full disclosure here. However, they are very good. The authors are Stan and Brenna Jones.

Hope that helps. The speaker also said boys notice the difference between sexes much earlier and it's perfectly normal and the worst thing to do is shame them or make them feel uncomfortable to talk to you about it. Unhealthy body relationships develop this way. Sooooo it sounds like you and your DH are doing something great for him to be able to talk to you about it already. Maybe take a quick look at these books and see what you think. They sell them on amazon.
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    Black and Gold- we just had this discussion today in our moms group! Here is some info I wrote down. Maybe this will be helpful.

The series is God's Design for Sex. The first book is The Story of Me, the second is Before I Was Born (ages 5-8), third is What's the Big Deal (ages 8-11), and fourth is Facing the Facts (ages 11-14). The speaker walked through some of these but we did not complete the series - full disclosure here. However, they are very good. The authors are Stan and Brenna Jones.

Hope that helps. The speaker also said boys notice the difference between sexes much earlier and it's perfectly normal and the worst thing to do is shame them or make them feel uncomfortable to talk to you about it. Unhealthy body relationships develop this way. Sooooo it sounds like you and your DH are doing something great for him to be able to talk to you about it already. Maybe take a quick look at these books and see what you think. They sell them on amazon.
    Wow, thanks so much! I will definitely look into that. We are also a very strong Christian family so I'm always interested to hear how to explain things with that element involved. I really hate this types of issues where you have to be careful how you deal with them. I want him to know it's never acceptable to ask to see anyones privates and know that there will be consequences if it continues.. but I don't want to do any emotional damage either while he's just learning and developing! Gahhhh! Thanks again though

Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209 LastLast