Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Charlee & Gecon I must've been typing as you posted so missed your posts. I can see how it would be hard having to deal with dh's gd too I think the only benefit must be the willingness to try again, whereas it was a fight to get my dh on board with this little one! Hopefully with a new house & no commute for him, he should be more open to dc4 provided I give birth okay & am able for #4!

It's never straightforward is it? Your poor dh! X x

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I really think it works both ways... My DH is more than happy to have sons, and I'm sure would have been devastated if we hadn't had these two amazing boys, but he has said that a little girl would have balanced everything out, that a girl would have been the icing on the cake to these two rowdy boys... he has said everything I thought, but didn't say... and hearing it out loud from him has been really tough. I can brush other people off, but I can't let his comments slide. He's not meaning to hurt my feelings, but it really hits home when I know there is someone else to validate my feelings... like I'm not being irrational about wanting a daughter so much. UGH... it's so hard, isn't it?
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We went to a new hairdresser today who had her two boys in work with her. It was wonderful when she asked if I was having a boy or girl to hear her response. She said "boys are fab aren't they?!" Music to my ears! I felt I was faking til making it by enthusing back but I really need to get there too. One step at a time! I now know what my response will be to any other boy mums in a similar situation in the future as it was lovely!!

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a really calm day yesterday when I felt 100% at peace with DS3, the days are getting better, still another 2 weeks until my anomaly scan so I am hoping by then I will have improved more!

Feeling baby move a lot now, love the feeling, he loves being awake though the night and is quiet during the day, typical!

How is everyone else doing?
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dream, I love what your hairdresser said, I may adopt that too! Picking up some great comments
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat with this little one... he is quiet most of the day and awake and active all night! Needless to say I wish his schedule would be at least a little more normal! He wakes me up constantly at all hours of the night! My ds1 was the same way, and unfortunately that hasn't changed at all ... so I think this means I better catch up on sleep as much as possible now because I envision many sleepless night with this little one! I was hoping to get lucky like I did with ds2 who has been an amazing sleeper since conception... guess you cant win them all, right? haha
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Charlee, I can sympathise I think this little one will be like his brothers, they were the same, quiet during the day kicking me all night. In fact they were both terrible sleepers until they turned 9 ish months, now they are great, can't knock them! Gonna try and get sleep where I can, recharge my very drained batteries ready for the chaos!
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you're both managing to get enough sleep & your LO's settle into a more sociable sleeping pattern before they're born!

Viability today for this LO. Always glad to reach this point

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dream, I agree, I always count own the weeks in terms of viability. I move from one target to another every time I reach one its like a weigh off my shoulders!

How is everyone feeling? X
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone, I'm back from my break and finally caught up with all the posts! So lovely/sad to see so many newbies here, welcome to you all although I wish you didn't have to be here, iykwim.

I'm having good and bad days. I really thought I was making good progress, starting to believe that this is for the best, but then I got back from hols and started reading up on the ttc pink long termers thread and there were new pink announcements and it all just came crashing down again. I think I'm going to stick to just this thread until I'm feeling better about it all. I couldn't believe how sad I felt just seeing other people's good news. It really makes me hate myself too for not simply being happy for them.

On wed I went back to work and then saw my friends for the first time in a couple of weeks, so there were lots of comments about the pregnancy and "you never know it might be a girl this time". To be fair nobody said anything upsetting and every time gender was mentioned I said "yeah a girl would be lovely but it looked like a boy at the scan" and they all jumped to say that boys are lovely, my two will love a brother etc. I'm so glad I didn't tell anyone bar one close friend IRL about swaying. I feel like everyone would pity me so much and think "poor cow, she wanted a girl so much she thought starving herself would get her one and then it didn't even work". I can't bear that thought.
    So I felt by the end of the day that I'd done nothing but trot out my go-to lines about how fab three boys will be all day, and I just wasn't buying any of it.

Then I got an email from my aunt, who has two grown up boys herself. Her kids, especially the eldest, are one of the reasons I have such negative associations with having boys. They were badly behaved, insensitive, foul mouthed, selfish, money-obsessed little sh*its when they were young and my three younger sisters and I always beamed with pride at how lovely and perfect we were in comparison to them when the family would meet up as kids. I grew up with the idea that boys were just awful and my parents thought that too, which makes it really hard not to believe that they prefer my sister's daughter to my sons, even though I know it's not true. Anyway, my aunt said that when pregnant with her DS2, she prayed that if it had to be a boy, please let it be a totally different personality to DS1, and he was. He's actually lovely now. She then said, "so you never know, if this is another boy he might be quiet, well-behaved and lovely" or something to that effect!!! I haven't replied yet, but I'm so tempted to say "what are you implying about my boys?! They ARE lovely, they may be loud and wild but boys are meant to be aren't they? At least they don't know any swear words and have empathy, unlike your two horrors at that age!!!" but I don't have the nerve. Plus I know she means well. She also said my having a third boy makes her even more sure my sister will have a second girl in 6 weeks. I could just cry, I know that will happen but why does she think that would be a nice thing to say to me? I love my niece to bits but she's not my daughter, as much as I'd love a second niece, it will make me really sad, especially as my sister doesn't even have a gender preference.

Why does it have to be that people who don't care either way get both genders and we, who only want ONE of our DG, don't get any? I am really struggling with the whole "fairness" issue. I can't accept that this isn't a question of "fair" or "unfair", that no one has decided that I don't deserve a DD, it just happened that way. I really don't know how to get past that.

I'm so glad you all understand how I feel, I honestly agree with everything I read in this thread, I'm so grateful for it. Sorry for going on, felt like I had a lot to get out today.

I hope you're all doing ok and making progress.

X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast