Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very excited about our wee man inside now. He is very active and when we talk to him when he is awake, he responds by kicking back, it is lovely. There is nothing like feeling this little person inside you wiggle around. We think we are also settled on a name now.

Bought some lovely things over the last few days... you can see them here if you are interested.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/baby...s-finds-3.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovebagels View Post
    Isn't it strange how people's comments can completely affect our attitudes? Whenever I say I'm having a boy and people are excited and say things like "oh that's so cool!" I immediately get more excited.
    Yep, I totally agree. However, people rarely get excited when you already have two boys. I had a stupid comment from a smug mum of a pigeon pair yesterday. She said 'ooh, you're house will be so full of testosterone!!' then followed it up with 'well you certainly can't choose, you get what you're given!! Like that's really helpful! It's always people like that who shout that last statement the loudest, like they're special because they got what they wanted whereas the rest of us have to put up & shut up! My cousin with 2 girls is the same.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mathilde, I love your LO's name! It's so suave & sophisticated! Gecon, can you share your chosen name with us? It is absolutely wonderful to feel them move around isn't it?! although I didn't appreciate the boot to my side when I was bent over changing the sheets on ds2's toddler bed today!
    I think we're fairly settled on the name Isaac and I love the middle name Amias, which means 'loved'. I think I'll have to push that name post-birth when if my fantasy comes true I'll be celebrating giving birth naturally for the first time, DH'll think I'm wonderful & let me go with that middle name! Bahaha!!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what you mean about other people's comments. My mil was over tonight and told me that one of the cousins is due a week after me and is having a boy and her bump is so small. The comment made me feel inadequate like I wasn't good enough because I am not pregnant with a boy and that I must be huge. Some people just don't think
    Blessed with and a surprise on the way!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    emmake - Glad you liked my post. And congrats on your sweet baby boy...they really are such sweet little blessings, huh? My DS3 is the cuddliest, sweetest little boy in the world. He just LOOOVES me! I need to treasure it, because I bet if I ever have a DD, she will be that way with her daddy!

Dream - I didn't buy a plan from Atomic. And I won't in the future...not because I don't think it would work, but DH would NOT be happy. Not because of the money (he has agreed to adoption or HT, potentially), but just because he doesn't like the idea of me controlling everything. Not that adoption or HT aren't controlling things! LOL! But anyway, if we go natural, he is totally fine with diet, as it actually seemed to help my fertility. I know while swaying pink, that is not the point, but because I did the 'PCOS safe' LE diet, it actually helped me get pg much, much faster than I ever have. So, I think for diet I will do more vegetarian, whole grains, and lower sugar. I think the other thing I will add in is intense exercise, simply because I will be exercising anyway, might as well do it pink-style! But I think that's it. No MyFitnessPal to keep track of diet and exercise, no OPK's, no temping, no antihistamines or other supps. MAYBE I will use Sylk, just because we have a giant tube of it. Gotta use it up! Haha. But that's what I'm thinking for now, if we decide to have #5. But I am really, really wanting to leave it up to God, because I really feel like He's the one who promised me a girl, and He will have to make it happen. Feels good to let go!

GeCon - Thank you so much for starting the boy clothes thread! Love, love, love what I'm seeing...everything is so adorable! And YAY that you're getting excited. Just takes time!

Zebaniee - Ugh on your MIL's comment! I'm sure you look amazing!

Mathilde - YAY for DH being willing to have another. What a relief! And love baby boy's name. Sounds like you are feeling much better, and I am SO happy for you!

Mabel - Glad you've gotten some nice comments lately. So encouraging!

Mindyjean - No doubt, you are not alone! So glad you are able to find some encouragement and relief on this thread.

Ilovebagels - Sounds like maybe you're feeling a little better, too? My DS3 is the cuddliest, sweetest little lover. I think you will adore having a little boy.

AFM - Big scan on Wednesday. Will be 18 weeks exactly. Looking forward to seeing DS4's little profile and face and getting confirmation that all is well. Not feeling much movement at all...have an anterior placenta, and it seems to really be softening anything I would normally be feeling. Had it with DS2, as well...think I didn't feel stronger movements with him till 18-19 weeks. Anyway, hoping that seeing him will help me to bond with him and get more excited about this pregnancy. Will probably start trying to think of a name in earnest and maybe even getting some of his nursery décor. Fun!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey myrainbowgirl, how did the big scan go?
    X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my big ultrasound yesterday, and he is still a HE! (Thanks for checking in, Emmyroo!) I truly wasn't expecting anything else, so felt completely fine about it. I had actually been a little worried that something was wrong, because I have been feeling so little movement (anterior placenta). SO, I was so happy that everything looked great, I really didn't care about gender. I was also glad that it was clear and not ambiguous...that would have been WAY worse! Got him some baby bedding in the afternoon at a gigantic consignment sale in our town, that only happens twice a year. I had never gone to one, but a friend told me I could in without paying the entrance fee and go early since I am pregnant. I was a part-time teacher, but quit my job at the end of the school year (too stressful with the kids)...so we are trying to cut back in little ways. Thought I would give the consignment sale a try...OMG, it was AWESOME!! There was tons of bedding, and I found a very cute set that looked brand new...$14 included a bumper, crib skirt, toddler pillow sham, and 3 crib sheets. Also picked up some cute maternity clothes for CHEAP, as well as some books and games for the boys for Christmas. Anyway, getting baby's bedding has helped me already start planning who's going to be in which room and how the furniture will be arranged, etc. Need to start getting serious about a name, too. Of course, that's a joint discussion with DH, so I guess we'll get around to it when we can, lol. But SO happy DS4 is healthy and I'm starting to "settle in" with this baby. I am blessed!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey rainbow, I'm so glad your scan went well and you sound so positive about your DS4! That sale sounds great too, I think it really does help to make it real to buy things for them, I can't wait to get some cash to buy some wee bits and bobs for this one, and do up his bedroom!

I'm feeling more positive about DS3 too, mainly because my sister gave birth on Friday to a baby BOY! I was absolutely dumbfounded, I read my mums text over and over expecting it to have corrected itself to "girl" but it hadn't! The background is that my sis has a DD and was expecting her second team green baby, and I was CONVINCED it would be another girl, especially as I had just had confirmation that I was having another boy right when she was due, and because she didn't care about gender and I wanted a girl so badly, it would be typical that she'd get two and I'd not even get one.

SO, as soon as I heard it was a boy it was such a huge wave of relief, and I began thinking about the reality of it and realised that having boys isn't some punishment that happens to me, it's a blessing, just like having girls, they are all gifts that we are lucky enough to be given. I'm so glad my baby will have a boy cousin to play with when he's older, as he will be 4.5 years younger than DS2 and there's the danger of him being left out of DS1 and DS2's games. My new nephew is so beautiful too, it kind of jogged my memory of how precious newborns are and made me so excited that I will have one in a few months!

On the down side though, I am now terrified of giving birth again. My sister was aiming for a second homebirth, but her DS got stuck as his head was turned the wrong way, so although the first hours of her labour were perfect, when she was in her pool pushing nothing was happening. Eventually she was rushed to hospital at 4.30am by ambulance, where she had an episiotomy and ventouse delivery. The baby's head has a huge bruise from the suction and you can see a graze on his head from where he was being squashed against my sisters pelvic bones.

So although everything worked out fine and they're both healthy and safe, she is in a lot of pain with her stitches (she only had a graze last time) and she's shuddering in horror at the memory of the birth, saying she could feel the sawing movement of them cutting her even though she was numbed for it. The whole thing is scaring the living sh*t out of me tbh!
    I have been lucky to have two straightforward water births with only gas and air. DS1 got stuck and I had to push for 3 hours but otherwise they were both uneventful. DS2 was a longer labour and did me more damage, a 2nd degree tear, than DS1 which was 1st degree, but I refused stitches both times cos the thought makes my skin crawl. I keep thinking how I'm 4 years older than I was the last time I gave birth, I haven't exercised in over a year, I'm unfit, I'm really gaining weight like nothing on earth, my pelvic floor feels weak and tired already and I'm only 22 weeks, how the HELL will I get through another birth?! If my little sister can have unforeseen complications then I can too, what if that happens to me, I don't think I can deal with that kind of intervention.

Is anyone else scared to death of birth? It's like I've focused on getting pregnant and swaying for so long, I haven't really thought through the fact that I'll have to give birth again, if that makes sense?

X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emmyroo-I'm right with you on being terrified of giving birth.
    My last labour in 2009 was a really unpleasant experience and at the end when I was only 8cm dilated my boy got into distress and they thought they were going to have to c-section me. Luckily as I'd only given birth 20 months previously I was able to 'push' my cervix open the final 2cm and deliver naturally.
    Getting worried that if the same happens again it will have been over 4 years since my last labour- doubt I'd be able to do that again.

Definitely not looking forward to the whole labour thing again. Which is funny as after my first birth (a really lovely, gentle, natural labour spent mostly at home until the final hour), I was so looking forward to doing it again for no.2. Then no.2's birth terrified me!
    X
    - Feb 2008. - Nov 2009. - MMC Dec 2012. - January 2014, our gorgeous little fella has completed our family. We all love him to bits

I swayed and prayed SO hard for my little girl but God obviously had other plans for our family, so it's time to move on and try and forget my dream of having a daughter and enjoy my 3 wonderful sons.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what you mean Mabel! Both my births were waterbirths so fairly natural and intervention-free, but where I was excited to do it again after DS1, I just cried non-stop for about an hour after DS2 came out about how horrible birth is! I was even in tears listening to the woman in the next room howling and I'd already given birth!

I think the fact that since my last baby, my friend and now my sister have had unpleasant experiences has really knocked my confidence. After DS1 I felt like a goddess that could handle anything, and like giving birth was something I was really good at, but now I feel like it's all up in the air, anything could happen and the fact that I'm 36 (will be 37 by the time this one is born) and unfit can only work against me. I'm also scared about the birthweight thing, the idea that every baby is heavier than the last. DS2 was 8lb 11oz (3900-odd grams I think) and I just can't see my pathetic pelvic floor being able to handle a bigger baby than that! Unfortunately I can't find anything on the internet other than anecdotal evidence for babies getting bigger or not, labours getting shorter each time or not, or births being easier each time or not. *sigh* This does not help the boy-mum control freak personality!

X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast