Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    Thanks Waiting! I like the you can do it attitude!

Today is my first 1/2 day with all 3 children. It's actually going ok! Everyone is taking nap so I think I will do the same after I eat a dessert! :-) Tomorrow will be my first full day with all 3! I am ready to figure it all out so we can get into a routine. I got everyone in the car today for a quick errand and it wasn't terrible. So far DD enjoys car rides that is a major plus and my DS1 is giving me the blow by blow of every noise she makes! He's doing so well with her. DS2 just realized yesterday that baby is not leaving. He is NOT having it but he's also just two so we will see...I'm giving him some more time to get adjusted altho he did smack her yesterday while I was nursing her and said no baby. No baby. NO BABY! He got a time out for that one. Poor guy....I gave him some extra attention today and got him a special lemonade. I hope I'm not creating a monster. Any advice?
    I know nothing, but am watching this post and answers closely since this will be me in a month! My ds1 is 4.5 and ds2 is 2.5 and I'm pretty sure ds2 has no freaking idea what is about to go on. He's all excited because ds1 is excited, and says BABY and touches my belly, but the kid has no concept of what that means for him and his amount of mummy time. Then again neither did ds1 when ds2 was born, and we got through it. Ds1 did a lot of poking and prodding ds2 when I wasn't looking (or when he thought I wasn't). I always gave him a time out, and explained why not. We still do that when they get too rough with eachother.

Agree your idea to give him attention when you can is good because that's what he's really saying, I want mum, and baby has her. Go easy on the lemonade or you'll get stuck with that as the official "reward time" thing (we've all been there). Swap it around, do something else he likes, weather it's a fave book, fave DVD, fave toy or puzzle or other semi healthy snack.

This is super easy for me to say because that's what I did with 2, however neither of my boys sleep in the daytime now, and I am yet to birth #3 so the fact you kept them all alive thus far is impressive to me, and I think you are doing a splendid job! Watch me crumble in 4 weeks time.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Meeks! It's a fine line to walk with my 2 year old! Poor guys world has totally been turned upside down. Before she came we would read big brother books and we would talk about how the baby is his but now he wants nothing to do with her. I think reality has hit and he's not having it at all. Ugh...as long as he doesn't hit her I think I can curb anything else he brings my way. I was shocked when he smacked her! She didn't cry but that was besides the point!

I do need to watch the lemonade. Maybe some more cuddle time before and after nap and another movie is just what he needs! Thanks for the help! :-)
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due in December/January/February 2013/14 Part 2!

Oh I expected hitting from ds1, he's always been one we had to curb a bit when it came to jealousy and being too physical. But I don't know what to expect from ds2 this time, he's not usually that physical or mean but I know he may become that way with the new dynamic.

Either way it was temporary with ds1, although he did get to the point where I couldn't leave him in a room with ds2 for even 30 seconds to go pee, I had to take one or the other with me. Eventually when ds2 got big enough to move it toned right down.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what you mean Meeks! I remember turning my back briefly when ds2 was about 2 months old, he was having a kick on the playmat when he started to scream. Ds1 who is 23 months older had bitten his finger so hard he left teeth marks!

I really wanted ds3 much closer in age to my other two but it's a blessing in disguise having a larger age gap. I know ds2 who is a big mummy's boy would've struggled a lot aged 2. He's adapted well but it took a while. He's quietly affectionate towards ds3 whilst ds1 will pick him up off the mat onto his lap. Thankfully he doesn't try to carry him around though!

I know that for me the bigger age gap upset me before being pg with ds3 but it makes things a lot easier right now. Mind if we were finished now, I'd hate it & it all being a lot harder when they're little together would've been totally worth it in the long run.

But dh amazed me last night saying that ds3 is almost making him broody! Wow, this is coming from the man who fought me on trying for number 3! It's amazing how a change in circumstances can change things around altogether. Our new house is my key to a big family

Meeks you'll be fine & Soar you'll find your feet & forget what it was like only having two

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; January 15th, 2014 at 05:15 AM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Waiting4Daisy; August 1st, 2021 at 08:19 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EEEEK everyone keeps telling me #3 was the easiest and going from 1-2 was harder than 2-3. Gosh I hope so. I agree though, I have far more skills now than I had with number 1 and 2. I even feel like I'm handling pregnancy better this time too. Dh gets 2 weeks off each time we have a baby but after a Caesarian that's always not enough. I fully expect to struggle for a bit while I heal and can't drive for another 4 weeks. This time is a bit better in the way that my mum has come to stay to mind the boys for the birth and has said she will stay until I can drive so that's amazing. I do get super hormonal after birth though so I hope we don't start to clash, we are so alike and have a great relationship but we do clash if I am tired and hormonal.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've found the transition from 2 - 3 much easier than 1 - 2!! Poppy is now a month old... Where on earth did that time go? I'm really loving it and fully wanting a fourth. :-)

Soar try not to worry too much about ds2's jealousy, this happened to a few of my friends and they soon after adored their little sibling. My advise would be not to reward bad behaviour but rather to make special you and DS2 time. And if you haven't already perhaps a gift from your dd to the boys? We did that for each new baby. And keep referring to dd as the very special gift mummy and daddy made for ds1 and ds2, tell them how lucky they are to have a baby sister etc... Because they are! :-)

X

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Waiting4Daisy; August 1st, 2021 at 08:19 AM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Up feeding the baby at 2:15am and I thought I would come check in! So far she has a pretty good sleep schedule. She went to sleep at 9pm and so did I! DS2 finally asked to "hold baby" tonight after 5 days! dH and I were so happy to see him starting to come around to the baby. DS1 is a dream with her so that is great and it seems like DS2 is starting to come around to the idea that the baby can be a good thing too! :-) so happy for that!

So who's next for a sweet baby? Meeks are you next? February will be here before you know it and then you can join the midnight feedings as well!

Everyone with a baby how is it going with sleeping and feedings?

She is 2 weeks old and I just had her 2 week check up and she gained 8 ounces in 6 days and surpassed her birth weight! So different from my 1st who took a month to get back to birth weight so we were always having to go in for weight checks every week! I guess by the 3rd baby my body decided to get with the program! :-)

Hope everyone is feeling good and staying healthy!
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on all the new arrivals! I hope everyone is doing well? I am booked in for induction tomorrow at 38 weeks. Having never been induced before and after hearing quite a few negative stories about inducion, I am feeling a little nervous. I unfortunately have a horrible chest infection at the moment too - I dont think I have ever felt so rough. Has anyone here ben in labour when sick? I am guessing the chest pain will quickly be forgotten once things get going. At least I hope so anyway.
    The boys are very excited about meeting the baby, ds1 who is 5 has been really sweet and telling everyone he is going to rock the baby when she cries and demonstrates how. Very funny. He has been told he cant pick the baby up alone!
    We still havent picked a name, so I will be taking the baby name book to hospital tomorrow and hopefully bybthe time she arrives we may have chosen one. Ds1 wants to call her darth vader.... and ds2 whos 3 has suggested 'the sister or ,'baby'...

In the hospital bag for the baby I have packed a a couple white and blue sleepsuits just in case baby turns out to be a boy, has anyon else done this? My husband thinks I am nuts because 4 scans have all said girl...

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast