Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls.
    I got my results today and all is normal. I am so relieved. Of course they are still going to do a full chromosome analysis, but the baby does not have Down's. I was waiting 2 days for a phone call, but had to go in to antenatal clinic today for another reason and the midwife popped her head in to tell me then. I still can't believe the stress of the last few weeks is over and now am looking forward to enjoying the rest of this pregnancy.
    Thanks again for all the support. It sure has helped me get through this.

Freya, I'm sorry you didn't get the boy you swayed for, but as others have said, 2 of the same gender is nice, they tend to play well together and have a lovely bond. My 3 boys get along wonderfully, and now I have been through this recent scare, I really don't mind too much if this is a boy too. Congrats on your girl. I bet she will be beautiful.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so relieved for you nicnee, that's such great news :congrats: ! Now you really can enjoy the rest of the summer .

And thank you, I'm sure she'll be lovely and very special. I'll just have to store all my boy's names in a drawer for now .
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Freya,I'm sorry you didnt hear blue,but congratulations on your little girl.
    '92 '99 '03 '10 and Nov '11

Thank you God

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, aabroo !

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicnee, SOOOOOO glad all is ok! Hope you are doing well, Freya! xxoo
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my 20 week scan this morning. All was normal, which was a relief after our previous health scare. We did not find out the gender. I want to wait until birth. Baby was in an awkward position and the sonographer struggled to image the organs. I did not see any gender clues, but on one shot she was imaging the kidneys from a front on view of the abdomen and I could see 3 lines at one end of the abdomen, but not sure if this was cord or bottom as it was not a potty shot. Still no obvious boys bits seen like I saw on DS3's scan!! So I have hope yet. Didn't manage to get any good pics due to babe's position, but babe was very sweet and covering it's face with it's hands as if to hide from camera!! Felt a real bond starting today.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's nice to hear the scan went well, Nincee! It's always so lovely to see them!

Mine is kicking something chronic at the moment, but I'm still hoping she won't be too wild when she's born - the placenta is placed inwards towards my spine so I feel every move, which could be the reason for all the mayhem . I just found out yesterday that the baby is RhD positive (I'm negative, though not sensitised), so I'm a little bit worried. But at least she's easy to monitor!

How's everyone doing otherwise? I'm getting pretty large already, and was a bit surprised yesterday when I could get into the same trousers I started wearing around the eighth month during my first pregnancy. Was it the same for you, Nicnee, with your second and third pregnancy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you ladies are doing well Freya, what happens with the +/- thing?? Do you or baby need an injection at birth, is that it??

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ELP ! I'll be having an injection in week thirty, and I'll also take a blood test for anti-D. If I've become sensitised through some minor incident that disrupted the baby/mother barrier (which I might not even notice, at least not at first), they'll continue giving me injections and monitor my values (so they can tell how the baby is doing). If everything is okay up until birth, I'll get another injection, they test the cord blood to confirm the blood group of the baby, and then they test me again after three months to see if I've become sensitised due to the birthing process. That would really affect the next pregnancy in terms of supervision etc. Apparently they can deal with the problem pretty well these days though if things get rough.

During my last pregnancy I just got an injection at birth, but then they couldn't detect the baby's blood group from a mother blood sample, so they didn't know she was RhD negative. At least this time I've got all the technology on my side .

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies! Nicnee, glad your baby looks great! Freya, I get happy chills when I read your post about your baby being rambunctious already.....my DD2 is the absolute COLOR in our family- she is just so funny and sweet. You will love having another girl! And Nicnee, I hope you are having a rambunctious little girl as well so she can teach those big brothers to mind their business!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast