Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    It's nice to hear the scan went well, Nincee! It's always so lovely to see them!

Mine is kicking something chronic at the moment, but I'm still hoping she won't be too wild when she's born - the placenta is placed inwards towards my spine so I feel every move, which could be the reason for all the mayhem . I just found out yesterday that the baby is RhD positive (I'm negative, though not sensitised), so I'm a little bit worried. But at least she's easy to monitor!

How's everyone doing otherwise? I'm getting pretty large already, and was a bit surprised yesterday when I could get into the same trousers I started wearing around the eighth month during my first pregnancy. Was it the same for you, Nicnee, with your second and third pregnancy?
    Freya, I was tiny with DS1 and DS2, hardly a bump at all. With DS1 I got lots of fluid on my legs, feet and face, but with DS2 I literally had a little bump but no weight anywhere else and was back in 1 size bigger than normal clothes within a week of having him. DS3 was a small bump (bump kept measuring small and being sent for scans), but he was 8lb 15oz, a pound and a half bigger than DS1 and DS2. My bump for him was rounder, and carried over the hips, but I was by no means massive. This time I have showed much quicker and gone into mat clothes sooner. Bump is higher, but still neat. I have more weight on hips and thighs this time, but boobs much smaller.

I felt this baby move early (have got earlier with each pregnancy), but it has not been as vigorous as the boys until this week (21) when I am finally feeling it move more. I am feeling very frequent movement, but they are more gentle, but I assume that is because I have an anterior placenta. I am feeling a bit impatient about meeting this one too, but I have ages to go yet!!
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your girl sounds lovely, Lola, I hope mine will be fun and sweet as well .

That's so strange, nicnee, that you had a small bump with a larger baby inside! I've read that muscle tonus can influence how much the bump shows, so maybe you're just very fit? I've tried to google reasons for large or small bumps, but it just seems to be random, so who knows. I'll just try to go with the flow, but it's annoying to feel like a whale ! I really want to get the pregnancy over with, too, I think last time it was so exciting and now I just want the finished product!
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Your girl sounds lovely, Lola, I hope mine will be fun and sweet as well .

That's so strange, nicnee, that you had a small bump with a larger baby inside! I've read that muscle tonus can influence how much the bump shows, so maybe you're just very fit? I've tried to google reasons for large or small bumps, but it just seems to be random, so who knows. I'll just try to go with the flow, but it's annoying to feel like a whale ! I really want to get the pregnancy over with, too, I think last time it was so exciting and now I just want the finished product!
    Lol, I'm not fit, as in I never go to the gym. I do walk a lot and my midwife often commented on how toned my bump was when palpating it. She assumed I did loads of sit ups when not pregnant!! I think I am lucky. I'm bigger this time, but still quite neat. That's me all over though, neat and tidy and control freak!! Maybe the whole control freak thing is why I have so many boys.....testosterone!!
    I think I am bigger this time because I never lost my appetite from day 1 and never had m/s or nausea. I am hungry a lot, and always seem to want biscuits!! I know with the boys I lost my appetite in the 1st trimester and I didn't eat loads at any time with DS2 and DS3, but I did eat like a horse in trimester 3 with DS1.
    Hope everyone is well. I am really feeling loads of movements now, this baby is a fidget. Thinks my bladder is a trampoline. But I feel like I am bonding more each day and I am looking forward to meeting him/her.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sure recognise the trampoline thing . I actually started playing classical music at bedtime so that I can get some sleep - she calms down when she hears it and I can fall asleep. I tried like six different records and found two that made her calm .

Are you having a c-section or giving birth naturally, nicnee? My first was in breech position so I don't know whether it was due to my uterine shape or what. If this one turns out the right way I will give birth naturally though, so I've just found some Lamaze technique classes to take with DH and I'm doing my exercises every day. It feels annoying though, with all the uncertainty, I would just like to know so I can be mentally prepared for either option. How do you feel about it? Were any of your babies in breech?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had vaginal deliveries with all 3. DS1 was back to back with me during labour and ended up being a ventouse and forceps delivery. DS2 and DS3 were home births, completely natural and completely chilled out. I am hoping to have this one at home too.
    None of mine were breech and were in fact head down from quite early on. I did pregnancy yoga with DS2 and DS3 to prepare myself for labour and to learn relaxation and breathing, and only used a TENS machine and a bit of gas and air for the labour.
    DS2 was not a quick labour (about 6 hours established labour) but was virtually painless (just got bad towards the end and after they broke my waters). DS3 was about 3 hours established labour, again only painful once my waters had gone. I was 3 and 5cm dilated with the last 2 a few days prior to labour, so I didn't have far to go!!
    DS2 was the easiest. DS3 was hard to push out as he was bigger, but that said I only pushed for 10 mins or so.
    Hope you get the natural labour you want Freya. I was close to having a section with DS1 when he got stuck, but I am so glad I didn't as I would not have had my home births since!!
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like you had great experiences of labour, Nicnee, that's so nice, thank you for sharing . I've read so many stories of women experiencing pain that have been completely unprepared, so it really seems that proper relaxation techniques and good breathing helps. It's so nice to hear such positive stories. I'll definately try to stay at home for as long as possible, if I get the chance to deliver naturally.

Baby seems to be in breech, but early days yet. She has plenty of room to turn this time, with my big belly . I had it measured, and apparently it's spot on normal size, it's just that my last belly was tiny, and since I'm tiny myself, the new proportions appear odd to me !

Hope you're well otherwise, Nicnee!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I am well Freya. Just getting the old SPD again, which I had with DS2 and DS3, so pains in my pubic bone when I have been on my feet a lot and pains in my hips when I get out of bed. Also some sciatica too. But they aren't too bad yet, although I expect it to get much worse.

I work nights so that makes me tired and makes my feet and legs swell up and it is also the kids summer hols here, so they are off school for 6 weeks (3 more to go until they are back), so I feel as though I should be taking them out and about, which also makes me tired.

But other than that I am well. Baby is very active. Getting some tightenings, but not painful, just uncomfortable. Still have a large appetite, which I don't remember having with my previous 2 pregnancies, and I have put 5lb more in weight than at this stage with the others.

Hope baby turns for you Lola. I have no clue what position my baby is in yet, I think it is ever moving, I feel the kicks in all different areas.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry to hear you're tired and achy, nicnee, I hope it doesn't get too bad for you too quickly! I've been getting a bit achy of late, but I think it's due to lack of sleep. At least, that's what I hope, because that I can remedy at least. FX we don't do so badly in the final trimester, eh?

Yes, it's quite exciting to see how they move. She should turn over the next few weeks if at least temporary, if she can do it at all. My first one never could, just kept on stopping half-way. We'll see.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checking in to update. I am now almost 31 weeks, saw m/w last week. Baby was measuring a bit small on bump measurement, but is now OK. Still on small side, but OK on growth chart. Baby head down, long lie. I am on iron tabs for low Hb, but it is borderline, so I am not too worried. Baby heartbeat was 150bpm.
    Otherwise I am well. Just started doing some pre-natal yoga, which seems to be helping my sore hips and pelvis. I feel like I am carrying high, so my pains in my pelvis are not as bad as with DS2 and DS3. But I am short of breath. We are having an out of season heat wave in the UK, so the 26 degree C heat is not suiting me at all!! Feet and legs are swelling a bit in the heat.
    Only 9 weeks to go I can't believe it. Trying to be ready for Xmas early, so busy with that at the minute and only 3 weeks left at work!!
    Hope everyone else is well.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls! Just wanted to drop in and say hello and see how you all are doing! I can't wait to read if you have a boy or girl, Nicnee. Prenatal yoga totally saved me with the pelvic/hip pain, and my back also. I get super huge and my back starts hurting early on.

Freya, I would HIGHLY recommend a vbac if your baby turns, it is a wonderful experience to give birth vaginally, especially after having a c-section the first time around. Check out this site: http://spinningbabies.com/ My first was sunny side up, which is why I had a section, and the second was looking that way also until my doula turned me onto these natural positioning techniques to help her turn around right. I don't know much about the breech turning, but check it out. Hope it helps!

XXOO
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast