Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im terrified of having my next scan.
    with my last son, i didnt even have to ask the gender, you could see all his goods on the screen, large as life.
    it took every bit of strength i had not to burst into tears right there on the ultrasound table.
    and even though i managed to hold it together in there, it started the second i walked out the door, i cried all the way home and for most of the next week.

im team green this time because i dont want to have to deal with that dissapointment again, but im so worried that im going to get in there and the first thing to pop up on the screen will be boy bits.

the siggie needs to be in BBCode, it the shortest of all the codes.
    Last edited by dannikins; December 5th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tip, Dannikins!

I hear you on not wanting to lose it in the ultrasound. Here's my problem: I knew ds3 was a boy & I was pretty depressed the whole pregnancy. And even though it was really nice holding a baby in my arms when he was born...I constantly wondered why he wasn't a girl & even seriously almost dressed him in a dress one time...I didn't. But I wanted to.

Aren't you afraid of being in a bigger depression when the baby gets here if it's another boy? I feel like I'd have to ignore my baby & I'd not want to hold him until I got over it. Actually, with DS3, I didn't like feeling his kicks for about 2 months after I found out.

I'm not asking you to question your choice--I totally want to wait until the end. I just feel like I need to get over the disappointment beforehand & think I'd handle it worse if I found out in the delivery room. Thoughts?

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I clicked on this thread by accident! But Applesoup I felt the same for awhile after finding out this baby is our DD3 ... feeling her kicks brought me the total opposite of joy. It made me even more depressed because normally I love that part of pregnancy. Most of the things I've bought for her have been gender neutral; all I want to buy are boys things. Anyhow I am finally able to enjoy her movements again... still haven't bought any girl stuff though and might not be able to get there for awhile. GD bites!

Re: the finding out/not finding out though I was totally on the fence with this one, mostly because of how bad I took it when I found out DD2 was a girl. I thought it would be better to wait til birth. Maybe it would have, but all I know is I couldn't wait. I was in so much turmoil from not knowing that I figured it was better to find out; at least then I had the chance at joy, or the knowledge that at least I was upset about something real rather than just the possibility of it. I think it's definitely a call each woman can only make for herself, KWIM? Either way it isn't easy when the baby isn't what you're hoping for, so FX you both get your girls!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apple if i go by old wives tales honestly u'd think ive got a boy & girl in my belly. Im feeling just so lazy, dont want to do anything, i finally dragged my butt out the door to do xmas shopping today, yay!

About finding out gender, i personally think its better to find out before delivery because if you end up with the undesired gender it will show all over your face, better to be prepared.

I was super excited today i had 2 female toddlers giving me so much attention today, you know what that means, he he!!
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Begonia. Sorry you didn't hear blue. I truly knows what it feels like...except on the flip side. Maybe if I'm having another boy, you can shop for my baby & I'll shop for yours?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and about the tickers, im so so old school it took me ages to figure it out & now i couldnt even tell you how i did it, sorry apple, maybe one of the othet ladies can help you.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it pathetic that I chose a ticker that's all girl? I have a sinking feeling that I'll have to change it...but at least I can enjoy it for a little while, right?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By the way... I have another question. (If you can't tell, you ladies are the only ones I have to talk to about these things.) How are you preparing yourself to hear "It's a ____" for the 3-4th time? With DS3, I was prepared. I knew it'd be a boy. I wouldn't allow myself to look at girl clothes & I could only think about it being a girl 1x a week. Seriously. And I had the worst reaction & depression after wards.

This time? I only think about it being a girl. A boy is barely on my radar...except the cynic(sp?) in me. I need some ideas on how to get realty to stick in my mind.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i know that i will be ok giving birth and finding out its another boy, i wont be as excited as if its a girl , but i will be ok with it.
    im more worried about finding out its another boy and having it ruin the pregnancy.
    i want to be able to enjoy the pregnancy , and the bonding , and the possibility of having a girl.

i know that if i find out its a boy early i wont enjoy being pregnant, and i wont do the pregnancy bonding as well.
    i know this from the experience in my last pregnancy.

i also know i will be ok if i give birth and hear 'its a boy', from my experience with my 3rd pregnancy, as i was fully expecting him to be a girl.

another big worry for me is if they told me it was a girl ,and it popped out with boy bits, i know i would never recover from it.
    i know too many people who have been told they were having girls and then had boys, i just know i wouldnt be able to deal with getting so excited about getting my baby girl, and then have it ripped away.
    and nothing is certain untill the baby is born and you can see it with your own eyes.
    so for me, i think its safer to not know.....
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dannikins View Post
    i know that i will be ok giving birth and finding out its another boy, i wont be as excited as if its a girl , but i will be ok with it.
    im more worried about finding out its another boy and having it ruin the pregnancy.
    i want to be able to enjoy the pregnancy , and the bonding , and the possibility of having a girl.

i know that if i find out its a boy early i wont enjoy being pregnant, and i wont do the pregnancy bonding as well.
    i know this from the experience in my last pregnancy.
    This is how I see it too. I don´t want to feel disappointed with my baby while he´s in my tummy. I´m hoping when he´ll pop out at least I´ll be so relieved giving birth is over, that I can handle the disappointment some what. My boys all have big heads lol so it´s always a struggle to get them out.

So my plan is to go team green (but I don´t know if I can resist!). It will be fun finding out before only if it is a girl, if it´s a boy I prefer finding out at birth. And I think a boy it will be..

I went to my dr. on Friday and she did an US, I was very happy over the weekend because the bean was there and there was heart activity.
    Then yesterday I remember Ramzi´s theory, obsessed over this all evening to conclude that it might be a girl since it´s attached on the left side.
    So I went to bed on cloud nine, feeling so much more in touch with my bean, thinking how incredibile that the diet actually worked...then this morning I read Alsestis thread again and now I understand the left on the pic is the right side in my belly..so it should be a boy according to the theory.
    I was disappointed for a minute but now I´m okay, the idea I could ever have a girl always felt strange to me, I know I´ll have another boy and just want to stop thinking about gender and want to enjoy my last pregnancy.
    I´ll buy a couple of new boy and girl outfits, I´ll return or keep as a present the ones I won´t need. This will be my last change to shop pink for myself, I´ll do a little of it even if it´s only a dream.
    I still have a lot of good newborn outfits from my boys, it´s all white/cream so I don´t really need anything.

Applesoup the tickers usually have 2 codes, if one doesn´t give you the image, try the other code.
    About finding out if it´s a boy, I think we all need a really really good boy name that is just to good to not use-a bit hard after already having 2 or 3, I agree, but I´m trying here.
    And we should look at our boys´baby pics and films, I think it helps.
    And when I think of my DS 2, he´s just so special and in love with me, how could I not want another one like that? When I see little girls IRL I focus on those that are not so nice and kind of bitchy and not only on the cute, sweet ones.
    I hope we´ll all get our little girl, well not you capricorn obviously!
    Begonia, if you drop by again, I´m so happy you can enjoy the baby´s movements now!
    6 3
    swayed for a

Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast