Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well...I can't see how a mild exfoliation would hurt anything if it's really dry & flaky. I live in a really dry climate & it's part of my routine to lather myself up with lotion before bed. I just use non-perfumy stuff so it won't irritate my skin. Otherwise, I just put enough on my face every night for it to stop itching after my shower...

Sorry I'm not more help!

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks apple, yeah I agree, surley a mild exfoliator would be ok, im thinking of going to a skin clinic, im sure they've dealt with pregnant women. I get dry skin in Winter, but oily in Summer so to have dry skin now in Summer is weird, hormones do funny things.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there is a really great treatment you can do, its super cheap , really easy, all natual, and makes your skin soooooooooooo nice.

mix some brown sugar, with some extra virgin olive oil, mix it to a runny paste and rub it all over your face.
    the brown sugar works as a gentle exfoliant and gets rid of all the dry, dead skin, and the olive oil makes it so soft.
    i swear i have never had nicer skin than after doing that, it makes it so smooth and soft, and you dont even need to moisturise after wards.

but i think you are best to do it before a shower, that way you make sure to get rid of any excess oil.

honestly every one needs to try this at least once....
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Danikins, I will do it tonight before my shower, yeah skin clinics arent cheap, so if I can do this, it will save me money.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With each of my pregnancies with the boys, I had some big dry skin issues on my face. Mainly with my eye lids & between my nose. This time I've been fine...hmmm. Anyway, if you have it on your eyelids, I highly suggest taking a q-tip with a perfume-free lotion on the end. This is actually how I get my makeup off every night (it's fantastic, believe it or not) & it moistens my eyelids too.

My biggest (pregnancy) skin issue is...gross. Last March, after having 2 small warts next to my finger nail & some on my forehead, I went to a dermatologist. She prescribed me Retynol for my forehead...it helped, but every time I thought it was "gone" it'd come back. Now that I'm preggo, I can't use it...and it's come back. She also burned off my warts & turned it into 1 big wart. I've had DH burn it off at home 2x (total of 3) & it's not going away. Going to get serious about burning it off. Any thoughts on warts on the face?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apple, about warts my daughter had one under her foot & they froze it & it didnt work, they had to burn it off, apparently to get it out at the root, which was quite deep, she had a big hole, but it did close up with only a small scar, but it worked, on the face im not sure what they would do.

About my change in skin, I was reading it can be caused by dehydration, definately not in my case I drink plenty of water throughout the day.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    apple cider vinegar.
    my son had the worse wart...it wouldnt go away, no mater how many times we had it treated., you would think it was shrinking, then it would flare up worse than ever.

get some cotton wool, soak it in the vinegar, make sure it is roughly the same size as the wart, and then tape it over the wart, leave it taped on over night.
    in the morning, the wart should have changed colour.
    it took 3 days for my sons wart to fall off.

im really big on natural remedies for things, and i know for a fact that this works.
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow danikins you sure know alot of natural remedies, i'll know who to ask next time I have a question regarding skin issues, thanks!
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I did your natural remedy for my skin, & honestly my skin felt really really beautiful, but i'll have to do it probably twice a wk just till I get rid of these dry patches on my cheeks. Thanks heaps
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dannikins, thanks! I'll have to do that asap! PS, by cotton wool...do you mean cotton swab? (Sometimes I can't keep track of American vs. British vs. Australian language on here!)

Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast