Poll: Will u find out the sex of your baby ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be finding out. My first was a delivery room surprise, and I didn't realize until he was born how much I wanted a girl, and how much I had convinced myself that he was a girl. The whole "oh, I'll be so happy the baby is here that I won't care" thing totally didn't work for me. I had horrible postpartum depression and it took months for me to bond with him. I found out with both ds2 and ds3, and it was so much better to know beforehand and get myself prepared. I found it much better to work through the disappointment while still pregnant then have to deal with that on top of all the post-delivery hormones and exhaustion. My depression got better each time.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still set on team green and we will see how long it lasts!! But I have never had a surprise and I REALLY want one!! I wish i could of had a surprise where I am impartial to having either sex...... That must be amazing and I am sooo jealous of woman who genuinely don't have a preference and then have a delivery room surprise. It must be so much fun. Wish I had done that with my first!!!! Too late now. I will always be wishing for a DD (kinda takes the fun out of it).
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    I just dont know how people can find out - Id be too nervous to know and feel GD. Id rather not know- i think the waiting not knowing and impatient feeling is always going to be better than how id feel if i didnt hear pink !! Just my opinion though and can understand why some people would rather know its just not for me.
    Mum if I had a boy and a girl and was pregnant with a third I would want the surprise. But I am OC when it comes to planning. My ONLY reason for finding out is my compulsiveness in having what I needed for the little baby. Could I in theory dress the little princess in gender neutral stuff...sure. But the whole fun of having a girl is dressing her in pink. So...I have one boy and I will definitely find out what this one is so that I will know if I need to break out my son's old clothes or have a pink party for a little girl. Now maybe if I had 3 boys...I might not want the disappointment, lol. I can see both sides of it though.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, as early as possible.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I am going to find out this time when I get preg... I've found out with all three of my boys and the only reason I found out with my last little guy is because I thought I would be disappointed at birth if he was a boy... But even from the second they told me boy at my 17 week u/s there was not a spec of being dissapointed in fact I have the biggest bond with him out of any of my kids... With my other two I was really young and lived with my mom and got lots of help.. This time it was just me and I was just so ready to have a baby all to myself so this time even tho I desperately want a girl I think I will be happy with a healthy baby... My middle son is disabled and I just want healthy but if I don't get a girl I will have the urge to go at it again which I don't want 5 kids lol when I was young I would always say I just want three boys lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it lasted..... Five weeks ha ha ha ha. I'm going to be finding out!!! I'm too obsessed with Ultrasounds. To go team Green is going to mean not looking at any of my scans (which is impossible). I can't do it. I'm such a weak person. I'm only 8wks2days PG and I've caved already.
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Looks like IF i get pregnant again I will be in the minority
    You'll get pregnant again hun. I know it feels like you won't after a miscarriage but it WILL happen.

Btw, after 3 boys, who I admit at each of their ultrasounds I cried and for weeks afterward too, I am going to wait to meet my baby this time around. But I am in a much better place this time. But just in case I were to cry and get down and out, I want to leave it to bub is born. Plus haven't had a surprise yet, might be nice.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm finding out for the same reasons Dreamingpink stated. I didn't realize how much I wanted a girl until I found out DS2 was a boy. If I had waited till his birth I would have been very sad and wouldn't have enjoyed him as much as I did. I needed the time to get excited about the idea of another boy.

Also this time- I feel a certain desperation. My mom died 6 months ago. Before she died she wrote each of us a letter. In mine she said she hoped I had a little girl one day so I could once again have a mother daughter relationship. I know if I spent the entire 40 weeks hoping with everything in me that I will get my girl....and then it turned out to be a boy I would be crushed. Not about the beautiful boy I would have- but because of the loss of any chance at a mother daughter relationship. I will need time to get over that.
    2007 2009
    Newest little dude due May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mum- I have not found out what I am having w/ the 4 that I have. I actually have never had an ultrasound either!. I do not get them unless there is something to indicate a problem and I never had so saw no reason so I am in a very big minority lol as I do not have any us pics to share lol. I am undecided if I will actually find out what I'm having now since this si the 1st time I actually swayed and tried for a certain gender. I just feel like maybe I want time to process it before babe is born ya know? My plan "if" I do is to have tech right it down so dh can tell me later at home while it's just us together. Again I don't think I will I mean it is one of the best surprises there is to actually wait and find out and I don't do baby nurserys or anything so don't "need" to know gender. I just go shopping after lo is born

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123