Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How annoying that they wont do a blood test! What it is with the UK? You and Northern_shutterbug seem to be in similar positions, and they wont give her a blood test either...over here you turn up to the Dr's and say 'i think i might be pregnant ' and they are pulling out the syringe and vial for blood collection - and the results are available same day (or following day for regional areas)
    Is there somewhere else you can go and insist on a blood test? Maybe fib and say that you are further on then you are and want confirmation?

I have everything crossed for you and am sending you all the positive thoughts i have!
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't imagine why you can't get a beta either!!!! >: (
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you are going through this. It's horrible not knowing what is going on. I would definitely take another hpt.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ladies i spoke to the EPU at the hospital and she said the same as the doc - take another test in a week - they wont see me until 11-12 weeks - she didnt sound hopefull - she said to expect bleeding in next 7 days :-( Hey ho - Am going to spend a small fortune on pregnancy tests this afternoon and test every morning for the next week in the hope that just 1 of them goes positive. Im ot sure if HCG can go down then back up but im not holding out much hope so probably just throwing my money away but i need to know - i cant just sit and wait :-(
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no......

Haven't read all the replies yet, so forgive me if I'm just repeating what PP's have said. First of all, . I'm so sorry. Was that the only test you did? The previous positive one? It is so RARE to get a false positive. I would get another test (maybe a FRER?) asap before you freak and try again. If it's BFN too, then it sounds like a chemical.

So much bad luck on these boards this past week, unfortunately you're not the only one experiencing a chemical with this cycle. I'm really sorry.

This is why I refuse refuse to test till AF is due, I just can't take the heartbreak of seeing a BFP that doesn't work out, but it's actually very common. I don't know if it's going to be reassuring, but chemicals & early m/c's are very, very common, and before the advent of early IC's and FRER's we'd have never known since older tests didn't work so early.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassie1982 View Post
    How annoying that they wont do a blood test! What it is with the UK? You and Northern_shutterbug seem to be in similar positions, and they wont give her a blood test either...over here you turn up to the Dr's and say 'i think i might be pregnant ' and they are pulling out the syringe and vial for blood collection - and the results are available same day (or following day for regional areas)
    Is there somewhere else you can go and insist on a blood test? Maybe fib and say that you are further on then you are and want confirmation?

I have everything crossed for you and am sending you all the positive thoughts i have!
    Yes, I agree, what's WITH you gals in the UK not getting blood tests? WTF?

I really wouldn't lie if I were you though. They can tell and you don't want to set up a bad relationship with your local hospital/dr's.

Really weird, here in Ontario I'd have no problem asking my doc for any blood test, and we have universal healthcare too so it's not like I'm paying out of pocket. I find it really strange you can't get one!

Don't waste money on drugstore tests, just get a bunch of IC's. The hospital's probably dismissive because you ARE testing neg on the test and therefore there's no risk of an ectopic. Like I said before, chemicals are really, really, common so that's probably why you're getting dismissed, but they should still do a test if you really want one. Geesh!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg my heart just broke for you. I am so sorry to hear this is happening. I hope everything works out I can't imagine how that feels keep strong!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry Mum23boys, I was out today and just got back to the computer to check how you are. I'm really sorry, I hope everything turns out to be ok but I wouldn't be too hopeful if you did more than one test and it's still negative. Sometimes it is really best to have a missed AF before we test so at least if someone has a chemical, she doesn't get to know. I can only imagine how you must feel So sorry about your DH also, don't take it personal though, they cannot understand how we feel about having or losing a baby, it's not in their nature.

I really hope you get some sort of confirmation sweetie, I'm for you that everything turns out to be ok!

swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whats an IC ? sorry to be dim . Lace im now 3 days late and had 5 positives every day last week then stopped testing on 29th and only tested today as didnt want to give hubby a smelly 3 day old test on his birthday so did a new test in preperation to wake him up with and thats when it was negative !!! so somewehre on 30th and 1st things have gone wrong ? I did a first response and a clear blue both negative.
    Ill get some different types at tesco this afternoon and use fmu to test over the next 7 days or until the bleeding starts. The EPU said if i get a positive in the next week then to call them and they will do an ultrasound but if they all stay negative then to expect the worst
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    id buy another... just because its from the same box doesn't mean it cant be faulty. FX!!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast