Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Homebirth anyone?

Is anyone in this group planning a homebirth?

This will be my 5th child; my fourth natural birth and my third homebirth. I'm curious if anyone else is planning to work with a midwife and/or looking to birth at home as well...?
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hospital for me... The thought of a home birth scares me (I'm a wimp). Good on you gal x
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too, I'm too scared of a home birth but it would be nice actually giving birth in a place you love
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me if I get pregnant again - I think you replied on my thread already hun - Homebirth for me is SAFER than a hospital birth. in hospital there was 1 midwife flitting between 3 women - at home i had 2 all to myself. In hospital my c section took 45 mins to get as the guy to do the spinal was busy. In an emergency from home in ambulance id be first in to theatre and transfer time is 15 mins so thats still half hour quicker than if i was already there... I would NEVER have a hospital birth again after my home water birth. Not unless there was a proper medical reason. my husband was the ost against homebirth person you would ever meet and even on the day wasnt 100 % behind me - now to this day he says it was the best experience of his life and he tells everyone about it - ( i think he loved the fact that after the birth we were all tucked up in bed with a pizza watching tele and cuddling our newborn together not him being ushered out because visiting time had ended !! )
    Each to their own and i can see why people are scared but for me it is the only way to birth :-)
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's nothing to be scared of. Technically the "unknown" is scary for most people, whatever and where ever that may be. It's a choice and certainly takes preparation, however I suppose childbirth in general takes quite a lot of attempts to prep.

Mum23boys- Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad to find a fellow, happy homebirther.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be having a planned csection. my DS was a csection, they decided to give me one as he was not coming down and his heartbeat kept dipping and I had the best experience with it! Hoping the second goes the same . I definitely give kudos to you ladies, that takes a lot of courage
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best wishes with your planned cs, cvd.

Hoping to meet some other women having homebirths in this group over time; hopefully the thread title will bring them in.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not in the Due group yet but wanted to chip in. We bought a birth pool and had it in the dining room. Loved it! Had candles and music on (a complilation CD I'd burned for the purpose), easy access to the fridge for drinks for me and sustenance for DH. Where we live you get two midwives come to your house who are therefore completely dedicated to the care of you and the baby. I felt absolutely safe. Also, where we live, they inform the ambulance crew of your address and what's happening so that if they want you to transfer in to the hospital it can be done really quickly. With DS1 I got to 9cm at home and then the midwife spotted some meuconium. Their policy is then to suggest you transfer in case baby's lungs needs suction. The ladies seemed happy to continue if I had said no, I wanted to stay at home, but I thought I would follow procedure so was whizzed to hospital in an ambulance (which arrived minutes after they called it). DS1 arrived about 45 mins after we got there. I stayed in overnight just because of the time of day really otherwise I would have come home the same day. With DS2 we were really fortunate that it all went to plan. He was born in the lovely birth pool at home. It was wonderful to be able to have a bath in my own bathroom straight after and snuggle up with DH that night in bed after a large portion of hot fish and chips (for those people who don't know the health service in the UK is renowned for appalling food!). Unless you have a medical condition of some kind, I'm home birth all the way x
    Last edited by weeziewoozles; October 14th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by weeziewoozles View Post
    Not in the Due group yet but wanted to chip in. We bought a birth pool and had it in the dining room. Loved it! Had candles and music on (a complilation CD I'd burned for the purpose), easy access to the fridge for drinks for me and sustenance for DH. Where we live you get two midwives come to your house who are therefore completely dedicated to the care of you and the baby. I felt absolutely safe. Also, where we live, they inform the ambulance crew of your address and what's happening so that if they want you to transfer in to the hospital it can be done really quickly. With DS1 I got to 9cm at home and then the midwife spotted some meuconium. Their policy is then to suggest you transfer in case baby's lungs needs suction. The ladies seemed happy to continue if I had said no, I wanted to stay at home, but I thought I would follow procedure so was whizzed to hospital in an ambulance (which arrived minutes after they called it). DS1 arrived about 45 mins after we got there. I stayed in overnight just because of the time of day really otherwise I would have come home the same day. With DS2 we were really fortunate that it all went to plan. He was born in the lovely birth pool at home. It was wonderful to be able to have a bath in my own bathroom straight after and snuggle up with DH that night in bed after a large portion of hot fish and chips (for those people who don't know the health service in the UK is renowned for appalling food!). Unless you have a medical condition of some kind, I'm home birth all the way x
    Wonderful! I'd love to have you join our group.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me! I'm due in June and, hopefully, will be having my second homebirth! For my family, it just feels like the right choice.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast