Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those of you who swayed pink - what are your nails like?

While I was on the LE diet my fingernails got really bad - very brittle and broke easily. I considered that a good sign that I had successfully reduced my nutrient levels. But now I am pregnant and have been off the diet and on prenatal vitamins for almost 3 weeks, but my nails are still in horrible shape! I usually have pretty nice, long nails, but I have to keep them short or else they break, and they have all kinds of lines and ridges in them. I thought they'd be better by now. Does anyone else have a similar problem? How long do you think it'll take until I have my old nails back?
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no idea hunny my nails have been fine and i was on diet for months - my hair suffered though particularly during pregnancy, only just stopped going dirty really quickly and loads of it comes out when i wash my hair
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine are horrible can't do anything about it thou ;-0

vitamin e supposed to be good either orally or massage capsuels into the cuticle xx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine are improved from the LE diet but still quite thin and split easily. My most problematic complaint this pregnancy is my horrific skin outbreak which has never happened before!
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Jennaesue, I hope your nails get better soon, I'm in the same situation here. Before I started LE diet I was on IG diet and I was taking calcium supps and my nails got really strong and nice. Then I started LE diet and they started to deteriorate, they're all brittled and break very easily. They aren't growing cause everytime they grow a bit, they break up. They're really ugly and I really love long neat nails.
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine are still terrible! I am keeping them trimmed short but they still break every time I try to open a container or anything. It's a bummer! I have been trying to eat a lot of protein and calcium, and I'm taking vitamins, but it is taking a long time for them to get back in shape.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013