Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah only hubs and you ladies know
    wanted to tell family with cute christmas cards but still debating as that's rather early. i usually don't tell fro a couple months. either way I'll still be chatting w/ you gals since we live on the other side of the country from all fam and close friends
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof3boys View Post
    Same here. I have only told 2 close friends that I knew would be happy and would keep our secret. When do you plan on telling your family? We are going to wait as long as possible. I took a picture with my boys' swimming trunks hanging on the clothesline with a diaper beside them since i am due in the summer. I am going to mail it with a poem that ends with something about not calling until you only have positive things to say.
    Nice and original idea Mommy, sending a pic with a poem....I like
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet_ View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Yes, can't talk to anyone about gender preference in real life either. People just don't get it. I'm dreading telling people in real life that I'm pregnant again in the way that I just know that everyone will be like, hope it's a girl this time. You never know you might have a girl? People already say things like that trying to encourage me to have another to get a daughter. I guess most people mean well but it doesn't help. I just say back to them that I just want a healthy baby, which is my main priority! But it would be nice to have a girl. The more I get my hopes up though, the harder I'll fall so I just try not to entertain the thought much.
    I feel the same as this. When I tell people I'm pregnant this is all they say not 'congratulations you must be thrilled' or anything similar. I feel if I had a mixed gender family the comments would be completely different and much more upbeat. Although I would still get the 'four??? Are you mad?? Lol
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know right, so get that one. When I told one of my brothers recently that we were going to try for a fourth baby he told me I was greedy. I think he was joking a bit, but it still hurt. You know when people joke, but you know that there is an element of true to what they are saying. Or maybe I'm just touchy about the whole thing. Or perhaps people shouldn't say things like that at all? There's an idea, perhaps you deal with your family and I'll deal with mine. Hehe. Bit touchy me thinks. He is expecting twins and he was like, you know how many multiples are in our family, what if you have two, three? But it's a risk or blessing that I'm willing to take. He is a pretty cool big bro after all.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else considering telling people that they are having a boy or girl (whichever you have majority of) just to get them off your back. Just to quell the comments of 'you never know' (this might be a (insert DG)). I'm thinking of telling everyone it's a boy and then in the unlikely event (personally feel it's about 5%) that it's a girl I can just say, oh that was a surprise. And it would legitimately be.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha ha Im so with you on that I was just going to tell everyone its our 4th boy to avoid the comments !!!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went as far as to thinking I would tell my mum the ultrasound tech said boy (my mum would spread the word like wildfire) and if it popped out as a girl say oops must have got it wrong lol. But she'd be upset if she thought I lied to her plus everyone would buy me blue and I would feel bad making them send it all back. I mean what if they got it in the sale and couldn't return it lol.... I think too much!

On the off chance I am having a girl I want to go out and buy dresses and pink bedding etc... Someone would suss on I lied.

Everyone assumes it a boy anyway and that I can't make girls.... Aren't family lovely like that!
    Last edited by 3boys; November 28th, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet_ View Post
    Anyone else considering telling people that they are having a boy or girl (whichever you have majority of) just to get them off your back. Just to quell the comments of 'you never know' (this might be a (insert DG)). I'm thinking of telling everyone it's a boy and then in the unlikely event (personally feel it's about 5%) that it's a girl I can just say, oh that was a surprise. And it would legitimately be.

That's what I'm doing but honestly it's also because I'm pretty much really convinced it's a boy especially after my last scan. I don't know, I didn't see a nub or anything but I just instantly felt that it's a boy. It's the same feeling I got when I was having my ds1 and I was not wrong after all. So I'm telling our family that when my son is born.... etc etc And they keep on asking me how come I know it's a boy....they say..you can never know until he/she is born. They are all hoping for a girl, both my hubby's family and mine but I always tell them not to hope for a girl cause it's def a boy!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boys View Post
    I went as far as to thinking I would tell my mum the ultrasound tech said boy (my mum would spread the word like wildfire) and if it popped out as a girl say oops must have got it wrong lol. But she'd be upset if she thought I lied to her plus everyone would buy me blue and I would feel bad making them send it all back. I mean what if they got it in the sale and couldn't return it lol.... I think too much!

On the off chance I am having a girl I want to go out and buy dresses and pink bedding etc... Someone would suss on I lied.

Everyone assumes it a boy anyway and that I can't make girls.... Aren't family lovely like that!

I can accuse my hubby's side of family for having boys...my hubby has 3brothers and a sister, so they're 4boys and 1girl, so that's already mostly boys. Now the girl isn't married and does not have children of her own and his brothers are ALL having boys....so I can easily say to hubby and his family...it's your fault, you're the ones supplying us ladies with boys lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah I blame my DH all the time! It's NO WAY MY FAULT!
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast